• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
What? Trump Lied? :0

Posted by DrFunk

Google is not working with the US government in building a nationwide website to help people determine whether and how to get a novel coronavirus test, despite what President Donald Trump said in the course of issuing an emergency declaration for the coronavirus pandemic. Instead, a much smaller trial website made by another division of Alphabet, Google's parent company, is going up. It will only be able to direct people to testing facilities in the Bay Area.

More than an hour after Trump's press conference, a Google communications Twitter account passed along the following statement from Verily, which is a different company inside the Alphabet corporate umbrella:

We are developing a tool to help triage individuals for Covid-19 testing. Verily is in the early stages of development, and planning to roll testing out in the Bay Area, with the hope of expanding more broadly over time. We appreciate the support of government officials and industry partners and thank the Google engineers who have volunteered to be part of this effort.
Carolyn Wang, communications lead for Verily, told The Verge that the "triage website" was initially only going to be made available to health care workers instead of the general public. Now that it has been announced the way it was, however, anybody will be able to visit it, she said. But the tool will only be able to direct people to "pilot sites" for testing in the Bay Area, though Wang says Verily hopes to expand it beyond California "over time."
www.theverge.com

Contrary to Trump’s claim, Google is not building a nationwide coronavirus screening website

Instead, Verily is building a triage website just for the Bay Area.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
From The Verge:

Google is not working with the US government in building a nationwide website to help people determine whether and how to get a novel coronavirus test, despite what President Donald Trump said in the course of issuing an emergency declaration for the coronavirus pandemic. Instead, a much smaller trial website made by another division of Alphabet, Google's parent company, is going up. It will only be able to direct people to testing facilities in the Bay Area.

Carolyn Wang, communications lead for Verily, told The Verge that the "triage website" was initially only going to be made available to health care workers instead of the general public. Now that it has been announced the way it was, however, anybody will be able to visit it, she said.

Can this guy do anything right?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
To think google would've been interested in doing this in the first place is absurd. They'll do it for the Bay Area; look at a nationwide plan logistically and scoff at it.

orange dick nose can continue to run his mouth tho I guess.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
Dude likely knew that. Just lied his ass off to make it seem like the government has a bunch of resources mobilized. If I were them I'd call him out on that bullshit.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

The website is also "on the early stages"

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
a site
  • in the early stages
  • only for health care workers
  • in the bay area
google's stock rose 100 points over this haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it wasn't just trump, every single one of those clowns was up their lying with their flow charts, parking lots, etc

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
But on Sunday you will be to Google what will be on the website. So that's something.

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
After that jab at the ACA rollout, this is what they have?

I'll run out of heavy sighs someday,

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Glad to have an autonomous corporation mystically "in charge" of this. Thank you corporate America for sAvInG uS.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Trump does this every time. He bullshits false sound bites that sound good. Doesnt work on a pandemic. This guy is gonna get beat by a landslide in November

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
you-don-t-say_244417.png

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe the idiocy of this administration. Its too stupid for a TV script.

I do kinda chuckle at the idea of a TV series where every episode ends on a cliffhanger where at the-most-crucial-moment a smart intern character asks a dumb cabinet member about a major Trump gaffe, "Wait, what do you mean he (admitted to committing a crime on live television/released documented evidence/fired the whole pandemic team/appointed who for that department/etc)!?!?"

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
The sheer amount of effort being put into NOT doing a goddamn thing is genuinely impressive. They are trying really really hard to not try at all.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wait so your are telling there ISN'T 1700 of Google's finest engineers building Trump a website.

I am shocked.

Rran

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It really pisses me off how these bullshit statements can be so easily hand-waved by his supporters--if only because there's the most infinitesimal degree of veracity to what he says ("Well, somebody's working on a screening website!")--and then used as "evidence" of media bias, chalking the negative press up to people "who are never happy with a single thing he's ever done" (as stated, with utmost sincerity, by a host on Fox News about disingenuous criticisms of the President).

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Not only did Trump lie, that subsidiary has invested a ton of money into a company co-founded by Trump's son-in-laws brother. There's always an angle...

www.cnbc.com

Alphabet puts another $375 million into Josh Kushner's Oscar Health, just months after previous investment

Alphabet is making a $375 million strategic investment in Oscar Health, a 6-year-old start-up that has built technology to better processes insurance claims. In March, the company's Capital G and Verily arms participated in a $165 million round.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
There's a reason why this was announced right before the stock market closed for the week.
Absolutely. I just wish press had more wherewithal than me to question the logistics and rollout his proposed plans. This isn't going away over the weekend, and the more time we have to digest his message the more questions people will have. Questions our representatives and Senators can't possibly answer because the plan is likely being written right now, over the weekend, like a term paper.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does trump just think he can google things and when they change that means google is working on them?

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
Google´s doing a site. You can check there if and where you can get a coronavirus test. That goes for everyone. Peace, i´m out.

Google:
fi6t8i0.jpg