• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
CONTROL_post_launch_roadmap_FINAL.jpg

Control – What's Next?

Now that Control has launched and we've been able to get a few updates out of the way, it's time to take a look at what's coming next. We will continue to build on the world of Control, creating additional game content all the way through 2020. We already have a small team in place at Remedy that's busy working on post-launch content.

Here's a brief overview of what's coming to Control…

First up, while some crafty PC players "unlocked" their own versions of this already, we are working on a much-desired Photo Mode, which will enable you to take some awesome snapshots of Jesse in the Oldest House. Make sure you unlock all of her costumes to flex by the time the Photo Mode arrives this fall. We'll have more information on this soon.
More at the link:

*stares at AWE thumbnail*

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
O.o I haven't played Control yet but that Expansion 2 image... I might need to now.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm guessing Expeditions will be something like challenge rooms, taking place in the Astral Place.

Mind you, that's not what I'm focusing on in this image.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
If that second DLC comes along and doesn't mean what we think it all does, can you imagine the outrage?

Bring on more content though for sure. Surprise of the year for me and I need more of it after getting the platinum last night.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck.
Well I'm happy I bought DLCs already...

EDIT: Also I guess Alan Wake will make it to PS4 in one way or another lol.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
This all sounds great! Well, except photo mode because I never use it, but the other stuff I can't wait for.

OP
OP
derFeef

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
AWE means Altered World Events
This is something already in the game.

Certain Altered Items - Objects of Power - cause large-scale Altered World Events, or AWEs. These AWEs seem to represent instance of other realms, perhaps other dimensions entirely...

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Man, this all looks rad. I might as well just buy the season pass...

If Control spins out into a larger Remedy cinematic universe, I'll be very happy.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely fucking ecstatic for all of this. Control is an amazing experience and AWE in particular brings together some important beats.

AWE is an abbreviation for "Altered World Events". For those who want to correlate it to Alan Wake and why this it is referenced in the image (spoilers for content found within Control): the events at Bright Falls are explicitly referenced and defined as an Altered World Event, and the clicker and/or lake/cabin as Object of Power / Altered Items. The Bureau of Control investigated the events, including interviewing Wake's wife. Wake is assumed to be trapped in another dimension.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is AWE what I think it is lol? Like, literally Alan Wake Expansion?
AWE stands for Altered World Event, which is basically any instance where crazy shit happens

That said
Alan Wake is canon to and mentioned in the game multiple times. What happened in that game is an Altered World Event

Ombala

Oct 30, 2017
When company's pit these road maps out all I think of is that I get the game when all content is out

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm glad it's getting a good amount of post-launch support. I really enjoyed Control, so it will be nice to revisit in a few months.

Oct 27, 2017
Remedy is probably my favorite game studio. I can't imagine another company dropping something like this and making me this excited.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
AWE means Altered World Events
This is something already in the game.

Yes, people who played it are aware, but putting the Alan Wake artwork in the actual letters, and two of the letters easily spelling Alan Wake, I think this is Remedy being fluky teases and we're about to learn a double meaning.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, people who played it are aware, but putting the Alan Wake artwork in the actual letters, and two of the letters easily spelling Alan Wake, I think this is Remedy being fluky teases and we're about to learn a double meaning.
Yeah, this basically. It's wonderfully cheeky.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm halfway through the game and so excited about these upcoming features. If I had a photo mode I'd have taken dozens and dozens of screenshots because so many locations are breathtaking.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Sucks that the first expansion will be limited for PS4 for a while, hopefully, won't be too long. Will be there whenever it hits XB1

and yeah, that second one, so many Alan Wake's vibes, but thats not very surprising. Extremely exciting though