• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any word on base PS4 performance/graphics? I'd wait for the steam version but I kinda wanna play it now, but only if the base PS4 version is good.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Anyone else from Asia can't find the game on PSN?

I hope this isn't one of those bullshit situation where the game takes longer than usual to get certification, this is bonafide AAA game not some niche-assed JRPG.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody in the office has a copy already, was pretty happy to try it out on PS4 Pro. Honestly was just worried about the looks and performance so I just tried it for first 15 minutes. Can't wait for the digital unlock today! Gunplay feels pretty good.

Randroid

Oct 28, 2017
I also forgot to mention the game takes inspiration from The House of Leaves.

uu9pmDP.gif

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Just googles and seen that they changed the requirement listing for PC.

Well damn I didnt budget for this cause of the original recommended listings being as high as they were now they are more inline with what I have, damn.

Glad to see it at least.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Is anyone having any issues with the audio in the game?
On my OG PS4, the audio is about half a second out of sync with the visuals. using the latest patch 1.02.
Have tried adjusting the audio settings in the game, restarting the game, rebooting the PlayStation, but the issue is still there.
All other games on the console are working fine without this issue.

Here is a video showing the problem. It is from about two hours into the game, so spoilers for that section:

Not sure how to resolve the issue and not seen anyone else bring up this problem.

vidaisonline

Community Manager at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Feb 2, 2018
yooooooo thanks for an awesome thread! can't wait for everyone to have the game in their hands!

I also forgot to mention the game takes inspiration from The House of Leaves.
AND annihilation / the southern reach trilogy by jeff vandermeer :D (one of my fav authors and my fav books too hehe)

Anybody know if the PC version will have DS4 button prompts and general Dualshock support?
the PC has no native support for DS4 controllers but you can use a DS4 on your PC with some third party software. from my experience playing other titles I think the button prompts stay Xbox prompts but it's been ages since I played a game on PC with a controller, or at all

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
yooooooo thanks for an awesome thread! can't wait for everyone to have the game in their hands!

AND annihilation / the southern reach trilogy by jeff vandermeer :D (one of my fav authors and my fav books too hehe)

the PC has no native support for DS4 controllers but you can use a DS4 on your PC with some third party software. from my experience playing other titles I think the button prompts stay Xbox prompts but it's been ages since I played a game on PC with a controller, or at all
Sounds I have to use DS4Windows again, I wonder, I know that some developers have native support build in like Ubisoft for example, only XInput was used I assume?
DS4 works via DInput if I am right.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I was hyped for this game for what seems like ages...and now it`s finally here!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Hey vida, I was looking to understand whether HDR implementation is on the horizon? Articles positioning it as "no HDR at launch" make it seem like there'll be a later patch but never saw clarification on it.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017

Hope everyone enjoys Control. Less than 24 hours left.

Hi. Can we get a clarification about the EGS release date and time? It just shows "28th August". No different regional unlock time?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing on PS4 Pro? Are the framerate drops a thing on Pro as well?
They are a thing on every console(during some combat scenarios). The Game makes heavy use of destructible elements, physics, volumetric lighting, alpha effects....i dont think there is another Game that pushes all of this so heavily (and in combination).

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Man yea lol I find the map hitching and post mission hitching fine enough, very unobtrusive, but the fps can absolutely tank when the physics get going. My only real complaint with the game. Got it on saturday and just about an hour ahead of you hah starting the next area after that.

source.gif

With Astral Chain coming out so soon, I think this solidifies my decision to wait a bit on Control. Hopefully patches clear this up.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The embargo is only for ending. They don't want it to be spoiled.
No, you must be confused because there are two embargos. The first one is up in 1h30m and it's the general review embargo. There's another embargo that lasts until the 30th asking us not to reveal details of the ending.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
£50.00 for the game on X
£58.50 for the game, season pass and exclusive content on the Pro (PS+ discount)

..then you hear about framerate issues..

giphy.gif

Add in a lack of clarification around whether HDR is coming in a patch, and if so whether that's days or weeks out, and the midnight hype is getting dampened.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Thx for the reply. Bit of a bummer tho. Was hoping for native support with the partnership with Sony and all. Will just use my Xbox Controller then.

d00d3n

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I made an exception and bought this despite being on EGS. I really hope that the metroidvania aspect is real and not just a marketing gimmick. Well, if it is fake I guess I will focus on Minoria instead ...

PadPoet

Lead Community Manager at Socialpoint
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Barcelona
Hi. Can we get a clarification about the EGS release date and time? It just shows "28th August". No different regional unlock time?

It's bank holiday here in the UK and I'm typing this message in my pyjamas. I will try and get an answer from you tomorrow morning when I communicate this to the Brand manager at 505 Games. Game should unlock on the 27th of August. Unlock time should be based upon your region if I'm not mistaken.

Thomas Puha can maybe assist further on this.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
It's bank holiday here in the UK and I'm typing this message in my pyjamas. I will try and get an answer from you tomorrow morning when I communicate this to the Brand manager at 505 Games. Game should unlock on the 27th of August. Unlock time should be based upon your region if I'm not mistaken.

Thomas Puha can maybe assist further on this.

Oh, thank you but don't worry. This tweet clarifies the unlock time anyway: