i used throw a lot later in the game, honestly i find it's just a bit unbalanced, and yeah as you note it trivializes some bosses. the game makes such a big deal out of the the service weapon early on that i did focus on it at first, but yeah your psychic powers are by far your most useful and powerful assets. mostly i found bosses like mold-1 annoying because there are just such huge damage bursts it felt like a war of attrition, making its healthbar go down more quickly than my own, mostly because of the toxic floor.Man you really should have been using Throw. Your read makes it sound like you were killing bosses with guns which is like, the wrong way to do things.
Also reads like you weren’t using throw to toss those rockets back at their senders. Rocket dudes are only annoying if you’re out there tanking rockets...which should never really happen. You can also use Throw to turn invis douches visible.
Like, Throw trivializes boss fights. For example, the Former fight that takes maybe 4-5 minutes of plinking away and stress with the gun takes about 40 seconds total time when simply throwing objects at it for massive damage. Mold-1 is a < 30 second fight with Throw properly leveled up.
That has happened to me as well, it's a bug. I warped back to elsewhere (executive floor) and went back there, and the prompt showed up.
You're very close to the end. I'd do any side quests you have before you proceed further.
The documents in Control are indeed on of the highlights of the game. I think there might be too many of them, but the majority justifies its existence. But more important than all that: they talk to each other, with the game and with the characters. They are not simply a different side of the FBC you're not going to see, they are an integral part of what you`re experience.Already my top pick for GOTY and I am not even done yet.
It just ticks all of the boxes for what I personally enjoy out of a video game.
Bonkers sci-fi big brother-esque story. Amazing gunplay with some telekinesis and super powers thrown in. An overall oppressing vibe.
Also in my 40 years of playing video games I seriously cannot remember the last time I read / listened / watched every collectible in a game. I think the closest I have come is listening to the audio diaries in Bioshock.
I just find the whole world and lore established fan-fucking-tastic.
I just really enjoy Sam Lake’s crazy ass writing and overall aesthetic / approach.
Just no doubt whatsoever my current pick for GOTY.
Speaking of almost being done, I just finished the Ashtray Maze during my last session and then got a bit further.
That sequence was no doubt everything people have made it out to be. All except the song. I really could have done without the song. That is so far my line critique. I personally have zero issues whatsoever with the back tracking. Not only do they make it easy to do with the fast travel, in almost every single instance there is incentive to do so, from being able to open a new door to your upgraded security clearance to being able to reach new places thanks to upgraded abilities. It 90% of the time has been worth retreading visited places. It also means I have come completely familiar with every area.
Anyway just curious approximately how much longer do I have for the main missions if I am slightly past the maze? Thinking maybe I will focus on a few of those side missions first if I am close.
Just a brilliant game I cannot praise enough. Not just my current GOTY but one of my top games of this generation. And there’s been some outright classics on that list.
it's part of a quest you get from Langston
It's a chair shaped like a hand. One of the side missions
– Bug and crash fixes to missions, combat and overall game play
– Fixed multiple issues with the PC launcher related to DX11/DX12 crashes
– Improved title stability on all platforms
– Improved general frame-rate performance through optimisations made to multiple systems and content
– Improved map loading times (map will no longer tease information)
– Motion Blur On/Off toggle added to Options menu
– Film Grain On/Off toggle added to Options menu
– Fixed incorrect UI behaviour on ultra-wide monitors (PC)
– Fixed multiple issues when incorrect subtitles are shown for multiple languages
– Fixed issue when the game centers the aim on Jesse’s head
– Fixed multiple UI related issues
– Fixed an issue when player could not acquire ‘Pierce Charging Efficiency’ and ‘Spin Grouping Efficiency’ upgrade
– Fixed issue when Crafting Charge and personal Mods would not give the Weapon/Mod but take the materials (Sorry. The Board was greedy)
– Fixed issue that prevented players activating the Pierce weapon form upgrade
– Fixed issue when Jesse is unable to cleanse the ‘Transit Corridor South’ Control point upon returning from Prime Candidate Program area in the mission The Face of the Enemy
– Fixed an issue when Heptonstall would not spawn during certain story missions in the “Old Friends” side-mission (still looking for his buddy Remus)
– Fixed issue when Hiss Barrier remains in the Directorial Override mission’s Control Room if the player dies during the binding cut scene
– Fixed issue when certain licensed music tracks play after enabling the ‘Mute Copyrighted Tracks’ option
– Fixed and issue when audio is out of sync in the Dr Darling videos (PS4)
– Fixed issue with the Charge weapon forms erroneous blast radius causing (way) too much visual damage to the environments
– Fixed an issue where game would stall when completing a story mission and unlocking a trophy (PS4)
it should be on PC already, for Xbox I couldn't tell you an exact time except 'soon', but we'll let you know when it's live
that was never planned - in our community update two weeks ago we said we'd be working on improving map load times :D the map loads now, I've had a spin on ps4 pro and it seems good!