• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
tQ2WBvH.png

1VPynWp.png

Fxor9f7.png

9M738OO.png

liu0w8e.png

Nucb0V9.png

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to playing this game for awhile. However it will be difficult to remain spoiler free, because with a new born and toddler I don't know when I'll get time to play, let alone buy it!

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Ok here we go, so excited for this! Cannot wait anymore for the game just hoping they do implement HDR.

Also what time for embargo during today?

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
giphy.gif

Love the pictures and the style of the text and infos. Just a tip: add it as text as well so it's searchable and can be copied. I think some infos like PC requirements would be cool, too :)

And yes, I'm SO excited for tomorrow! Hope everything work well with EGS...

OP
OP
nihilence

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
I think I will have to revisit the overall design. I struggled along, as everything changed much like the FBC building.

I also forgot to mention the game takes inspiration from The House of Leaves.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Really interested to see how this game ends up reviewing. I am very cautiously optimistic.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm intrigued, but I've kind of sworn off EGS, skipping several games I would like to play there.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Hope this turns out well. I just love the style, concept and inspirations behind it.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Nice artwork, really excited for this game.

But the I really miss critical info about the game in this OT, like release date, platforms, etc...

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazon shipped my copy on Saturday. It should be in my mailbox when I get home. Really looking forward to playing it.

Just one question. Is there more than one difficulty level?

DocSeuss

Oct 25, 2017
Best Buy just informed me my payment hadn't gone through, which is weird, 'cause I preordered months ago (turns out paypal = immediate, credit card = not immediate), so I'm worried I'll get this late.

Might be the most exciting game of 2019 for me unless Disco Elysium ships?

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon shipped my copy on Saturday. It should be in my mailbox when I get home. Really looking forward to playing it.

Just one question. Is there more than one difficulty level?

I can double check but I don't think so, I don't remember getting difficulty options

Nah I'm pretty sure there isn't, unless there's post game difficulty stuff unlocked.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I picked this up early because a local store broke the street date. I did an hour of it so far and I dig it. It essentially feels like Fringe with more paranormal/horror elements to it. I'll probably play more of it tonight after work.

It may be an easy Platinum but lack of changing/manually loading saves is a concern.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Picking up my copy on the way home from work tomorrow and have a week long staycation to play it.

I thought I would be more excited but my hype level is hovering in the moderate range.

At least early reports that it is short mean I might have time to catch up on PSVR titles and Gears 3 & 4 (maybe Judgement too).

Edit: The Waypoint podcast review has me more excited. Only a few hours before I can experience its weirdness for myself.

Last edited:

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
My copy arrived Saturday and I've been playing through. I don't know how far through I am, but I just got
level 5 clearance and am heading to Black Rock Quarry
. It's really fun. And I love the style of the game, its setting and its various mysteries are super cool.

Performance on base PS4 has been sketchy at times, though. Freezing for 5-10 seconds after every main story mission completes, and massive hits to framerate when in the middle of explosive fights. Sometimes the map doesn't want to load itself either, so you can only see text and not the rooms. Outside of those it's been fine.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Really hate these last minute review embargos though, What purpose do they serve and why are they in a publishers/developers interest if the title is good?

Oct 25, 2017
Performance on base PS4 has been sketchy at times, though. Freezing for 5-10 seconds after every main story mission completes, and massive hits to framerate when in the middle of explosive fights. Sometimes the map doesn't want to load itself either, so you can only see text and not the rooms. Outside of those it's been fine.

Man yea lol I find the map hitching and post mission hitching fine enough, very unobtrusive, but the fps can absolutely tank when the physics get going. My only real complaint with the game. Got it on saturday and just about an hour ahead of you hah starting the next area after that.