• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
it should be on PC already, for Xbox I couldn't tell you an exact time except 'soon', but we'll let you know when it's live

that was never planned - in our community update two weeks ago we said we'd be working on improving map load times :D the map loads now, I've had a spin on ps4 pro and it seems good!
Sweet, thanks for the reply.
I will download the patch later then on PC.
Keep us updated regarding the Xbox One update :)

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
that was never planned - in our community update two weeks ago we said we'd be working on improving map load times :D the map loads now, I've had a spin on ps4 pro and it seems good!
I see, then I misunderstood that first response after the launch, the one where the update was announced. Thanks for the clarification :D
Really great game, I love it a lot

Okapi

May 31, 2019
I tried to upgrade Pierce this morning before work (after installing the patch) but I wasn't able to. Anyone knows if there's something you need to do first to trigger it? I'm pretty sure I have all the materials + source energy I need...

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
it should be on PC already, for Xbox I couldn't tell you an exact time except 'soon', but we'll let you know when it's live

will photo mode be next patch?

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
You're very close to the end. I'd do any side quests you have before you proceed further.
Kick ass. Thanks for the confirmation.
The documents in Control are indeed on of the highlights of the game. I think there might be too many of them, but the majority justifies its existence. But more important than all that: they talk to each other, with the game and with the characters. They are not simply a different side of the FBC you're not going to see, they are an integral part of what you`re experience.

One example:

ocEWeZb.png

I tought the refrigarator caused the collapse at first, but reading it again later I realized that's not it. This is an origin story. What caused the refrigarator to become an altered item the way it is was the ritualistic behavior of the mother, her beliefs and possibly her grief. Those causes and effects are all talked about in many other documents.
Wow. For all of the digging and reading i have done, somehow I missed this one. And you are indeed right. This is absolutely a perfect example of the brilliance of the documents. Also what a fantastic backstory for that particular altered item. So damn good.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I think I'm almost done with the game and I've used Grip for >90% of it. With damage+headshot mods you rarely need anything else (except Launch ofc). I use Shatter and Charge? (the explodey one) for fun every now and then but I feel like Grip is kinda OP and you don't need much else. Between Grip and Launch I haven't had trouble with any of the bosses, which I heard can be nasty. I even beat the one in the Pit on my first try in like a minute.
Same situation here, I finished the game last night and it seems like a lot of it is a breeze if you just min-max. I focused entirely on using Grip and Launch and everything was pretty easy. I died a few times due to getting blown up by something really unexpected, but that's it. I didn't really use Seize, Shield, melee, or any of the other weapon forms. Fortunately the combat was good enough that even with just Grip and Launch I still never got tired of it.

I'm not sure if I will try to do all the side missions because on the surface they seem like they might be tedious. But I really enjoy the atmosphere of the game and with the new patch that came out this morning, it might be worth it.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Finished it last night, played for many many hours. Amazing game and I'd really love to see more of the world they've built.

Related note: While I was doing the Old Friends, one of the guys in the Black Rock Quarry got killed by the unkillable flashing balls and I can't find his pouch. Not sure what to do at this point, it's really hard to search around in there because of aforementioned flashing balls.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
So uh, sorry if this was brought up a bunch, but the in game map really is not supposed to make any sense on purpose, right? To go along with the "changing" building motif?

I mean it helps with a general sense of where main areas are, but the details don't make a lick of sense. I still haven't figured out how to read it correctly.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Playing with the new update installed on base PS4.

It's hard to tell how much the update has helped as I've 100% everything and just have random enemies spawning into places now in small groups now.

From my brief experience today I'd say the update has helped the performance in general a little but when shit kicks off in big areas with enemies and friendly NPCs battling it out I've still had good drops for multiple seconds.

I appreciate them trying to sort this out but at this point I think Control is just too much for base consoles in certain situations.

That being said I've never died in this game due to the performance going to crap, even during the Hedron section where they just throw everything at you, so I would never deem the game unplayable.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I need help please :)

So last night I went for the platinium with the last trophies I missed which are incursions and alerts. Did them, no platinium. I missed the upgrade lvl 3 trophy ^^ Problem is , I finished the game, all side quests and everything, but all my guns are lvl2 except shatter which seems bugged, I have the option to upgrade it to lvl2, which I did last night. Took the components and my money away from me, but I did not get the upgrade :(, and the menu still displays the upgrade lvl2 as if it's not made. I foolishly clicked a 2nd time, and all the componenets and cash were taken away a 2nd time, with the same result.

This isn't even my main issue as you have guessed. I can't upgrade any weapon to lvl 3, no option appears in the upgrade menu. I think I read about a bug regarding this, but can't find much right now, is this something that happens? Is there a way to repair it or am I doomed to not get the platinium for this wonderful game? Thanks in advance :)

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
The game has crashed once for me, where the sound stops and buzzes, game freezes, and then it crashes about 10 seconds later. But that only happened once.

I do notice when I get out of menus the game is pretty unresponsive for a few seconds, very jittery. X1X here.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
^ yeah, it makes pausing to take a breather during a boss battle
(looking at you, Tomassi)
a pain in the butt.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Turning off motion blur and it feels so much better already. Still had massive slowdown during the Mold boss fight.
Dumb dumb dumb complaint. The main actress looks older in game than she sounds and its driving me crazy.
Yeah she also looks different compared to her actor. Emily Pope on the other hand is spot on.

46llytwp8pl31.jpg

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Well, that was quite the meaningless patch. The Pierce upgrades are still borked, and the "Old Friends" quest for Remus is still not fixed (but I guess the vaguely written patch notes already said so...). Ah well, at least the nasty Foundation shadow bug has been fixed it seems like, and the map doesn't seem to spazz out anymore.

Better luck next time?

Okapi

May 31, 2019
Seems like the Pierce upgrade now works for some and not for others. Someone on reddit got it working after going to a different map.

Oct 25, 2017
I read the patch notes super scared of changes being made to the checkpoint system. :C

Dear Remedy, if you guys ever change that, add an option to roll back to the previous patch, I still didn't finish my first playthrough and I'm very much enjoying the game as is.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure about this? It didn't get a specific mention in the release notes.

This is the issue we're talking about, in case someone else is up to the mission "Finnish Tango" and can check on PS4 or PS4 Pro:

I'm sure, at least on my end (PS4 Pro). First thing I did was to travel to the Foundation spot.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
On a positive note, after messing around (fighting enemies, switching between weapons etc.) I managed to end up in a state where I could upgrade Pierce! Don't know the exact sequence, but I tried switching to and from the weapon, and lo and behold the control point showed the available upgrades.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Okapi

May 31, 2019
On a positive note, after messing around (fighting enemies, switching between weapons etc.) I managed to end up in a state where I could upgrade Pierce! Don't know the exact sequence, but I tried switching to and from the weapon, and lo and behold the control point showed the available upgrades.
Awesome! Maybe picking up some material triggers it.

ced

Oct 27, 2017
I've about had it falling through the fucking floor with these Half Life alien boss assholes.

Last edited:

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to find the Untapped Potential material? I'm trying to upgrade Pierce and I'm struggling to find one.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
So I could fix the Pierce slots, but Hepstonall still does not spawn?
I am post game, and he still does not spawn?
I thought it was fixed with the update?

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
Dumb dumb dumb complaint. The main actress looks older in game than she sounds and its driving me crazy.

She sounds like Bean, from Disenchantment, and every time she spoke, it took me out of the game a bit

Yeah she also looks different compared to her actor. Emily Pope on the other hand is spot on.

46llytwp8pl31.jpg

Gotta see one with teeth, to be sure. If that mouth can't fit 300 teeth, it's not Emily Pope.

Also, speaking so fast that the already bad lip sync definitely can't keep up, and breathing through her mouth before every sentence.

I know I'm nitpicking, but I've always been fascinated by linguistics, so I can't help but notice everything related to it in any media.