• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Whats the PS4PRO performance like now? This game isn't enough to get me onto the EPIC store on PC...

Dec 14, 2017
As a lifelong Remedy fan I have to say this Hedron Chamber boss fight is almost making me consider reselling my copy right now.
You can do it! Pierce and launch all the way. You can retreat to lower platforms too and there's no time limit. Also, you don't need to clear out the enemies, you can just go for the antenna cleanse, but if you get hit it cancels the animation.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whining on the internet always helps. At the final credits now after a sequence that made my eyes feel like I'd played with the Virtual Boy for half an hour.

Gonna leave a lot of the final third sidequests for a later time. Need to stay away from this game for a bit to forget about some of the encounters I found incredibly annoying. Those are not the parts I want to stick with me when thinking about this game.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
so Poets of the Fall (they did *that track* during *that section* of the game) did a new track and video which takes inspiration from Control, including the gorgeous Hotline phone. I also saw chatter elsewhere wondering whether some of the glitches and code might be hints and clues to things to do with the game.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
so Poets of the Fall (they did *that track* during *that section* of the game) did a new track and video which takes inspiration from Control, including the gorgeous Hotline phone. I also saw chatter elsewhere wondering whether some of the glitches and code might be hints and clues to things to do with the game.

The song was in Control, as well. The Bureau had some kind of strange set-up where they were testing if it had any paranormal effects.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
The song was in Control, as well. The Bureau had some kind of strange set-up where they were testing if it had any paranormal effects.

ah good call. i remember that bit, with chair in the room facing the speakers. i didn't clock that it was the same band at the time.

edit: ok lol they did alan wake too.

also... hmm, that's not the first time they did track under the in-game band name Old Gods of Asgard. Not sure if this has been pointed out before. probably.

47r9fPD.png

Last edited:

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Platinum trophy done.

The anchor gave me trouble but the real issue was going back and forth from the checkpoint each time i died. Used the "technique" someone mentioned in here (sorry i don´t remember your handle) of going clockwise.

Beat the mold1 in a few tries, not too bad. Just look to the ceiling and you have the exploding mold stuff, just grab those and throw it to the boss.

Now, time to replay Alan Wake :)

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm at

the entrance to the black rock quarry.

Kinda curious as to how far I am because it feels like the whole thing's just getting started but I'm also certain I'm a really decent chunk into the game (5+ hours, easy, probably more).

Not sure if I wanna know how far I actually am lol.

But I had like... 1 boss so far, so... That's weird.

I keep doubling back to check things and do stuff and so I keep killing the story's momentum. It feels like the game's dragging out, even though it isn't, really.

I love Emily's character, so much. For some reason the animations and stuff, her voice, her clipboard, etc. all just clicked really well with me. Darling's, well, a darling, as well.

I love the world building so far but I also feel like I wish this was an immersive sim just so that I could interact more with the world and find more things to read. But a first person perspective would make all the blocky visages harder to appreciate. Ah well.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
I'm at

the entrance to the black rock quarry.

Kinda curious as to how far I am because it feels like the whole thing's just getting started but I'm also certain I'm a really decent chunk into the game (5+ hours, easy, probably more).

Not sure if I wanna know how far I actually am lol.

But I had like... 1 boss so far, so... That's weird.

I keep doubling back to check things and do stuff and so I keep killing the story's momentum. It feels like the game's dragging out, even though it isn't, really.

I love Emily's character, so much. For some reason the animations and stuff, her voice, her clipboard, etc. all just clicked really well with me. Darling's, well, a darling, as well.

I love the world building so far but I also feel like I wish this was an immersive sim just so that I could interact more with the world and find more things to read. But a first person perspective would make all the blocky visages harder to appreciate. Ah well.

Just enjoy the game, i regret knowing before starting the game how many chapters there were :(

The game doesn't have many bosses in the traditional sense in the main story.

Those are done in the side quests.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
I have a quick question, just finished the game and I think all side quests. But in the Panopticon there is a room on the left hand side of the map with three question marks, how the hell do I find and access that room? I cant seem to find it myself.

edit - nevermind, I bloody found it as soon as I posted this.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017
I'm getting my ass kicked by the Mold boss and I'm pretty close to dropping the game.
It's optional. You can come back with endgame level mods to fight it. Seen some aggresive strats with levitating near it and just blasting it away with shatter. But I found a slower paced attrition battle was easier. Chip it down with grip and use shield and the cover to defend yourself. You can also throw the exploding pods on the ceiling and when the boss causes them to drop.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
It's optional. You can come back with endgame level mods to fight it. Seen some aggresive strats with levitating near it and just blasting it away with shatter. But I found a slower paced attrition battle was easier. Chip it down with grip and use shield and the cover to defend yourself. You can also throw the exploding pods on the ceiling and when the boss causes them to drop.
Yeah, leave it for a bit later in the game if you're really struggling with it. I came to it fairly late in the game and beat it at my first attempt, I think maybe my approach is the aggressive one you're talking about. Not really a strat, just the way I played the entire game :)

I'll put the video in spoiler tags in case anyone thinks the thumbnail (which shows the boss) is a spoiler:

Last edited:

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to miss the stuff with Dr. Yoshimi Tokui? I went to the sensory deprivation chamber and there's no prompt to interact with anything in the room.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Is it possible to miss the stuff with Dr. Yoshimi Tokui? I went to the sensory deprivation chamber and there's no prompt to interact with anything in the room.
I can't remember how you initiate the mission - I'm pretty sure I started it elsewhere by finding something.

Note that not all editions have that mission. I believe it's PS4 only (currently), and I think it might require the season pass or digital deluxe edition.

If you're on PC there's a way to edit it into the game though.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I had no idea you could use Shield during levitating, was quite useful in Research sector and Mold-1 boss fight.

BWOftcJ.jpg

Before levitating, it's kind of useless because you can't do anything during it.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Ok so are board countermeasures permanently lost if abandoned? I had one that I wad supposed to hand in that I might have accidentaly thrown away as well.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Shotgun is your friend. And grab the exploding stuff from the ceiling. Helped me a lot.

I used pretty much the same strategy as with the previous boss - evade/levitate non-stop and throw things at him. But as soon as he starts hitting with his tentacles, it's over. I get killed by other enemies on the ground, exploding pods, or subsequent tentacle hits.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Where the hell do I find the shortcut between Black Stone Querry/Processing and Ventilation? I really want to open that door lol

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The boss fight against you know who is one of the most fun and intense I've encountered outside the human-sized fights in Soulsborne games! That whole sequence before it in the Synchronicity lab is so cool too, and then the two audio recordings on either side was hilarious. Reminded me of Ninja Gaiden Black where you're both equally equipped and not afraid to use your abilities.

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Has really nobody opened he short cut right in front of the Ventilation short travel point? I really have no idea where to go end up there

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
This game is so good I just picked it up yesterday and have been seriously impressed with it so far. I've only seen Ahti like twice but he's my favourite character of the year so far.

It's been so long since I've played something so visually striking. Really loving the whole vibe the game has going on even though I have no idea wtf is happening lol

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
Whats the PS4PRO performance like now? This game isn't enough to get me onto the EPIC store on PC...
I've been playing on the pro for a while, so far it running great, only real problem for me is the loading times (regular pro HD), i think the last patch fixed most of the slowdowns the game was suffering.

Dec 14, 2017
its the one that ends right in front of that Fast Travel Point in Maintenance
bCa6Re9.jpg

qmdSksv.jpg
Ah, this one goes to the NSC energy converters, it's on a catwalk in the rafters there. On the top level of the room with the giant central pillar that needs the energy cubes on it. There's a mission in the Maintenance sector that it opens up in, if you missed it and the door cannot be opened again, I wouldn't worry. It's literally just a staircase going down to that door in Ventilation, no chest or secret in it.
EDIT: It's the door on the left here, let me know if you get it opened.
p.jpeg

Last edited:

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ah, this one goes to the NSC energy converters, it's on a catwalk in the rafters there. On the top level of the room with the giant central pillar that needs the energy cubes on it. There's a mission in the Maintenance sector that it opens up in, if you missed it and the door cannot be opened again, I wouldn't worry. It's literally just a staircase going down to that door in Ventilation, no chest or secret in it.
EDIT: It's the door on the left here, let me know if you get it opened.
p.jpeg
Thanks for the reply, found in the meantime but strangely got red lights on both sides when I reloaded again. No big issue, I have now my platinum thropy 💪

anyway, thanks for the help.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the people who said it ends abruptly turned off the game at the
first
credits roll lmao.

Dec 14, 2017
Nice, glad you got it, but that is weird both are red now... gameproff

Hey I guess I'm stuck. I am working on "The Face of the Enemy" but for me the security check will not open. It's locked.

According to this guide it supposed to be open: https://www.ign.com/wikis/control/T...ogram_.28Best_Fast_Travel_Point:_Logistics.29

wonder if my save got corrupted somehow unless I missed a step somewhere but not sure how
If I recall correctly, you don't just go through the security gates, you need to do a little side area to open the gates up. Should be something to the right, it's not in the medical wing to the left I'm pretty sure.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
Hey I guess I'm stuck. I am working on "The Face of the Enemy" but for me the security check will not open. It's locked.

According to this guide it supposed to be open: https://www.ign.com/wikis/control/T...ogram_.28Best_Fast_Travel_Point:_Logistics.29

wonder if my save got corrupted somehow unless I missed a step somewhere but not sure how
It opens from the other side. You passed the unlock button on your way to the Panopticon. You'll have to travel around it through Medical again. When you come out of the staircase from medical into security you'll be facing the gate from the other side. You can open it up then for any future use.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Nice, glad you got it, but that is weird both are red now... gameproff

If I recall correctly, you don't just go through the security gates, you need to do a little side area to open the gates up. Should be something to the right, it's not in the medical wing to the left I'm pretty sure.
It opens from the other side. You passed the unlock button on your way to the Panopticon. You'll have to travel around it through Medical again. When you come out of the staircase from medical into security you'll be facing the gate from the other side. You can open it up then for any future use.

Thanks a lot! Was driving me crazy