• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Okay while looking for a way to get the bureau alerts to spawn for me, I found this post on reddit about it. That was pretty much the only answer I've been able to find on it so I thought I'd make a comment on here with some more detailed instructions in case anyone else runs into this bug and can't get the bureau alerts to pop up:

1) Copy your all of your Control saves to a USB drive.
2) Pick Chapter 3: Old Boys Club in the mission select menu (since Control doesn't allow for multiple save files, selecting a mission will overwrite your save but if you have it on a flash drive or in the cloud you can get it back easily)
3) A bureau alert spawns right away when you load in, so set up your guns/mods then fast travel to the control point next to the alert
4) Run forward until the enemies spawn then use launch as much as possible to clear out the enemies
5) The 3 targets that you have to kill to complete the alert will follow you back down the hallway one at a time where the control point is but you can cheese them there by going at the very end of the hallway and popping in and out behind cover to attack them.
6) Once you've killed all 3 targets, the alert is completed. Back out to the main menu, rinse and repeat 5 times to get the trophy.
7) Copy your USB drive saves back to your hard drive and overwrite the mission select saves.

Honestly this is probably a quicker method for anyone even if the alerts are showing up in your game, because there's no waiting around involved when you do it this way. Took maybe 30 min tops.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Bought this earlier tonight on the PSN January sale. It's late but I managed to play for a bit, just past getting the first telekinetic power. The direction of this game is very on point so far and I'm enjoying all the physics play.

Jay Shadow

Oct 28, 2017
So I got the game on PC, but the assets doesn't seem to load properly. At first everything worked fine, but now some assets are quite blurry. I saw on twitter that Shinobi had the same problem a few weeks ago. Is there any way to prevent this?
I have 4 megs of video memory and had to set textures to medium to make that stop. Seemed to me like on the higher settings it's all or nothing on the level of detail, and it was taking too long to swap the large ones in and out of memory. At 1080p I saw very little difference between the sharpness of Medium and the higher settings.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Finished this game last night and wow, what a game!

I didn't even realize that by the time I was done, I've gotten 84% of the trophies, which pretty much means I must have gone through almost every nook and cranny without ever realizing it.

Good thing I bought that Season Pass because I want more of this game and can't wait for their DLCs.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
The aiming on console is still so inprecise and wonky in this game. I guess they'll never fix this. Such a shame because the combat is excellent besides that.

I always test out the aiming on controller in every game by trying to "draw" a circle slowly with the right stick. There is something off with the deadzone/aim acceleration in this game that makes the precise aiming impossible

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I have 4 megs of video memory and had to set textures to medium to make that stop. Seemed to me like on the higher settings it's all or nothing on the level of detail, and it was taking too long to swap the large ones in and out of memory. At 1080p I saw very little difference between the sharpness of Medium and the higher settings.
I will try that, thank you.

Otherwise the game works pretty fine with my 2060 and ryzen 2600.

JoeyJungle

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have dialogue options? Ever cutscene has a graphic overlay where her ghost-thing talks to the main character. I'm playing on PC, just want to make sure there's not a dialogue box that's being auto-chosen for me or anything?

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Does this game have dialogue options? Ever cutscene has a graphic overlay where her ghost-thing talks to the main character. I'm playing on PC, just want to make sure there's not a dialogue box that's being auto-chosen for me or anything?

you can ask certain characters about things but it's not like mass effect or skyrim where there's branching storylines or choices

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the best shooters I've ever played. I just learned to levitate and beat the Anchor boss. I'll meet my brother next. How far into the game am I roughly? ⅔?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can this game run well on laptop or older machines? I have an ASUS ROG sporting a GTX 1660TI 6GB, i7 9750H and 16GB of RAM. I would like to get a decent framerate without my laptop dying. I don't need the game to have the best graphics.

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
Okay while looking for a way to get the bureau alerts to spawn for me, I found this post on reddit about it. That was pretty much the only answer I've been able to find on it so I thought I'd make a comment on here with some more detailed instructions in case anyone else runs into this bug and can't get the bureau alerts to pop up:

1) Copy your all of your Control saves to a USB drive.
2) Pick Chapter 3: Old Boys Club in the mission select menu (since Control doesn't allow for multiple save files, selecting a mission will overwrite your save but if you have it on a flash drive or in the cloud you can get it back easily)
3) A bureau alert spawns right away when you load in, so set up your guns/mods then fast travel to the control point next to the alert
4) Run forward until the enemies spawn then use launch as much as possible to clear out the enemies
5) The 3 targets that you have to kill to complete the alert will follow you back down the hallway one at a time where the control point is but you can cheese them there by going at the very end of the hallway and popping in and out behind cover to attack them.
6) Once you've killed all 3 targets, the alert is completed. Back out to the main menu, rinse and repeat 5 times to get the trophy.
7) Copy your USB drive saves back to your hard drive and overwrite the mission select saves.

Honestly this is probably a quicker method for anyone even if the alerts are showing up in your game, because there's no waiting around involved when you do it this way. Took maybe 30 min tops.
I just had to do this myself. Got everything else done. Never had a single alert in post game. Put my most recent saves in the cloud and did this trick and it worked no problem. The worst part was that I only needed one more! Lol

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow the Juke box token fights are no joke. I mean on my third try I got the balance between killing hiss and actually completing objective but then you have a planned boss fight at the formation ? None other than freaking Hiss Distorted which also spawns something else at his final stage.

I haven't completed those expeditions once. Is the reward worth it ??
Can this game run well on laptop or older machines? I have an ASUS ROG sporting a GTX 1660TI 6GB, i7 9750H and 16GB of RAM. I would like to get a decent framerate without my laptop dying. I don't need the game to have the best graphics.
I have the exact same spec on my laptop. Control runs pretty good on all High. I have only motion blur and MSAA at medium. GTX 1660Ti handles it.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I just finished it and overall I enjoyed it, but it wasn't without issues. I feel like the game starts off really strong but ends rather weak, by the end I was ready for it to be over, it definitely overstayed its welcome. Certain scenes just dragged on, or maybe they just felt like they did because I was getting bored by the end.

+ Visuals, although a little soft
+ Combat
+ Voicework

- Performance (I had to turn down/off far too many settings to keep 60+ fps with a GTX 1080, 8600k @ 4.8GHz at only 1080p)
- Confusing map, maybe it's just me but I got lost a lot
- Unsatisfactory ending
- Overstayed its welcome

7/10

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So i have all trophys except the full upgrade one. I did all sidequests and find a ton of hidden locations but still missing like 9 skill points. I need to find all of the secret locations to earn this trophy? :/

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
So i have all trophys except the full upgrade one. I did all sidequests and find a ton of hidden locations but still missing like 9 skill points. I need to find all of the secret locations to earn this trophy? :/
Not all of them, but you do need to do at least a few. There are good videos on YouTube that walk you through them. Just pick an area and get all of them there, and then move onto the next area until you get the 9 you need. Took me less than half an hour to clean up enough for all the skills, most aren't hard to get to once you know where they are.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Just finished it. Was fun for the most part. Was glad when it was done. Had had enough. Wish it was weirder. The setup allows for some really bonkers stuff. Maybe in the sequel.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I almost 100%ed it in ~17h. I'm missing 2 ability points. That's got to be a sidequest I think, because I definitely found all 20 hidden locations.

This was probably one of the best shooters I've ever played, and on par with Max Payne 2.

Jul 10, 2018
The aiming on console is still so inprecise and wonky in this game. I guess they'll never fix this. Such a shame because the combat is excellent besides that.

I always test out the aiming on controller in every game by trying to "draw" a circle slowly with the right stick. There is something off with the deadzone/aim acceleration in this game that makes the precise aiming impossible

This! It bothers me so much. I've noticed it was the same with Quantem Break. So I guess it's a Remedy thing, it's disappointing when I compare it to something like Gears 5 which is so buttery smooth and precise.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
I started playing this a couple days ago on the PS4 Pro.

I'm struggling with the main story line directional override and also having a hard time with passing the "A good defense" side quest.

Also the first boss battle with Tomassi gave me trouble and took me 10 tries before I went onto youtube and found a easy way to beat him.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
my first post in here, but I just got the platinum last night, and I haven't even messed with any of the expedition stuff yet. I'll likely tinker with that tonight.

I'm also about 100 pages into House of leaves and recently finished reading the Southern Reach trilogy. I need to do a deep dive on the SCP wiki and read a bunch of those.

I really love this game, even if it frustrated me some along the way.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I fell through the ground every single time fighting Former. Even the time(s) I beat it, I fell to my death during its death animation.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I was almost back to having fun playing the game again. I was this close.
And then I vault over a ledge while holding A near the very end of the Hedron Chamber segment and end up plummeting instead.

Oct 25, 2017
Did the 3 Expeditions, it was fun, and not as hard as I expected. Cool costume, too bad I don't have anything to use it on, and don't really intend on playing more of that DLC.

I'll use it on Foundation, can't wait for that! Though I'll probably start it with a more classy costume, and then change later. :P

59h played so far.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
NVM. I finally beat Tomassi. I used the catwalks like someone said and a couple of recommended mods a few pages back before I died to a bat Hiss but fuck it, it's done.

Last edited:

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
And finished it. I only have one trophy to knock out and that's 5 of those Black Rock Quarry missions which I found annoyingly hard. I liked the fake out ending since I said "That's it?" aloud but then the credits started to scramble. And yes, the maze sequence was pretty damn cool. I just wished that the last set of missions wasn't so combat heavy.

Overall, I don't think it's OMG amazing since I think it's rough around the edges but it was a solid Remedy game. I enjoyed it more than Alan Wake/Alan Wake's American Nightmare but it's an 8/10 for me. The world building was pretty good, characters not so much outside of a small few. I didn't care about the main plot by the end so much as the stuff around it. Now to wait for the story add-ons.

zombipuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to track collectibles and chests? I have no idea where I haven't explored yet and running around the same areas over and over is getting tedious :(

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me how to find a rank II or higher Damage mod. I'm nearing the end of the game and have rank IV and rank V mods for virtually EVERYTHING but I've never found a single Damage mod better than Rank I. My gun is getting so weak against late-game enemies and I'm dying constantly.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do I play in DirectX 11 or 12? I don't think my card support ray tracing. I'm also playing on a laptop, so I just want better performance.

edit: I have a GTX 1660Ti, 16GB RAM and a processor i7 9750h.