• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have a much older card (980 Ti), and I had a much smoother experience with DX12.
Thanks

I'm at the very beginning of the game. I picked up the first document after the metal detector, and I got a prompt to press the PS4 touchpad to open up the collectibles menu. I pressed it, on each side, but nothing happened. I am using the latest version of PS4Windows. Everything else seems to work fine. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

edit: it appears that the Share button takes the place of the touchpad on Windows; at least, for this game.

Last edited:

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
When this game released i completed it and i thought it was OK. Now i revisited it and my platinum trophy is almost done :D

Game runs almost flawlessly now on the Pro. Some drops here and there but way better than the launch build.

Cant wait for the DLCs

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
I HATE how the shield ability is tied to the training course side quest and has trophy for it also.I've tried this now like 20 times and can't beat this to save my life.

Also sucks that the levitate power ability comes so late in the story part of this game at the
"My Brother's Keeper"
main story line mission.

Also the "Old Growth" side quest boss looks like a really pain in the ass mission from the guides I've see on youtube.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
On mission 6 at the moment, I think this might be my least favourite Remedy game. The gameplay loop is doing nothing for me. It's also not that great looking besides the physics stuff (playing on X, get the feeling this game really needs to played on PC with RTX and such). The map is also one of the worst in any game and the game feels pretty rough (why does it stutter for a couple seconds when I unpause the game?).

Positive things I would say about it are, the way it's presented is interesting and the shooting is well done, nice and punchy like Remedy does best.

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I love this game, pretty much everything about it. I think it's my game of the year. I had one issue with a boss fight that was too dark and the camera not helping at all.

I'm pretty sure I've done all the side quests and seen all the hidden locations but I seem to be missing an ability point.. anyone have any ideas? I did die at the same time as a side quest boss.

edit: found it, the youtube guide I was using to clear up the last few was missing one. So was lying about being all of em.. I should of clocked that earlier as I was sure I'd done a couple others not there

Now i just gotta do some countermeasures and I will have my first plat in forever

Last edited:

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I can see why people liked Mission 9, the song was good, was the only part of the game that wasn't ho hum. The game didn't really do much for me though, feels dated, like it could have come in the earlier parts of this gen.

thematic

Oct 31, 2017
anyone having difficulties fighting the 1st boss? (the flying one)
thinking about watching Youtube video for the rest of the game

died 4-5 times there and thinking "this is not a game for me"
with no leveling up, limited abilities point (i got 4 after unlocking upgrade option), i'm afraid the next boss will be even tougher

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
anyone having difficulties fighting the 1st boss? (the flying one)
thinking about watching Youtube video for the rest of the game

died 4-5 times there and thinking "this is not a game for me"
with no leveling up, limited abilities point (i got 4 after unlocking upgrade option), i'm afraid the next boss will be even tougher

it took me a couple of goes to realise there were regular enemies in the fight as well, so then I cleared them up first, then hid around the pillars and fought him that way.

I don't really think any of the story bosses are tougher.. a couple of the optional bosses I found a lot harder because the camera and lighting aren't ideal.

i think the game gets easier as you unlock more abilities and weapons(esp the pierce).. some initially scary regularish enemies become more of a cakewalk, while a couple others remain a pain..still died a fair amount.

I wouldn't give up yet.. its the most fun I've had playing a game for a while.

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
At some point I seem to have stopped getting Bureau Alerts... Has that happened to anyone else? Anything I can do to trigger one? I just need one more for the trophy :(

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This
Hedron Chamber
area is the fucking worst. It's ENDLESS, enemies CONSTANTLY spawn, and if you die, no matter how far in you get, you have to do the entire thing over from the beginning.

I love this game, but this area sucks and I hate it and it's seriously souring me on the experience. Erasing the player's progress because they die to enemies they can't even see is just not cool.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
This
Hedron Chamber
area is the fucking worst. It's ENDLESS, enemies CONSTANTLY spawn, and if you die, no matter how far in you get, you have to do the entire thing over from the beginning.

I love this game, but this area sucks and I hate it and it's seriously souring me on the experience. Erasing the player's progress because they die to enemies they can't even see is just not cool.
IIRC you don't need to kill everything so one thing to try might be mind controlling one of those healer sphere things then just trying to hit the buttons then run/hide.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
This
Hedron Chamber

that's not true, there is a checkpoint after the first 3 lasers are turned on. Also, there is a limited amount of enemies for each laser, so you can clear them all out and then safely do the activation.

it's not great, I agree, but it's sort of the "last boss" so it's challenging. Hang back and be careful and you'll get through it. Also identity which are the most dangerous enemies and make sure you hit them quickly. Mind controlling smaller enemies helps a lot.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
that's not true, there is a checkpoint after the first 3 lasers are turned on. Also, there is a limited amount of enemies for each laser, so you can clear them all out and then safely do the activation.

it's not great, I agree, but it's sort of the "last boss" so it's challenging. Hang back and be careful and you'll get through it. Also identity which are the most dangerous enemies and make sure you hit them quickly. Mind controlling smaller enemies helps a lot.

Yeah, I cleared the first round. Now I'm stuck in the annoying ascent part where halfway through two telekinetic assholes spawn and team-throw instant kill satellite dishes at me while I'm struggling to damage even one of them.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I cleared the first round. Now I'm stuck in the annoying ascent part where halfway through two telekinetic assholes spawn and team-throw instant kill satellite dishes at me while I'm struggling to damage even one of them.
I died near the end due to the levitation glitching out and was very impatient in the runs after that...which didn't help at all. I just ended up hanging back and seizing enemies to do most of the work for me, making sure to keep throwing stuff to keep those enemies' shields down. It wasn't too fun.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Why is there suddenly no sound in certain cutscenes? Most notably some of the Hotline and Darling videos. I thought it was for some in-game reason but words spoken by Jesse herself are mute as well.

EDIT: Nope. It's a bug. I swear this game is one of the most broken I've played in years holy shit.

Last edited:

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That mold boss uhg. I can't tell if I need to get gud or if I just need to upgrade my character more but it's pushing me from going to complete the game.

zombipuppy

Oct 25, 2017
That mold boss uhg. I can't tell if I need to get gud or if I just need to upgrade my character more but it's pushing me from going to complete the game.
I completed that questline after finishing the main campaign because I completely missed it. It melted in seconds duiring my fight with it, so I'd say come back to it later if it's giving you too much trouble.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Just finished the game on PS4, fucking really enjoyed it. Got a lot more to do side quest wise but probably gonna call it done for now. Fun gameplay and compelling narrative. Really liked how they handled so much of it. Lots of technical issues but nothing really a problem. Some hard slowdown here and there but eh it's only for a few moments. Glad I played it!

Plum

May 31, 2018
So this what I assume to be end-game level has:

A long drawn-out section where you have to kill the same enemies over and over if you die
Bottomless pits that kill you instantly
Tiny platforms in a game designed around constant movement
Aesthetic design that makes actually seeing said bottomless pits incredibly hard in the thick of battle

Fuck this game

Seriously fuck this game

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't do this. I've been stuck on Dimensional Research for a week. This combat sequence is too fucking long and there's too fucking many enemies and they never give you a second to breathe.

Is there ANY WAY to decrease the difficulty? I just want to finish the game and this sequence is completely destroying the experience for me.

Dec 14, 2017
I just can't do this. I've been stuck on Dimensional Research for a week. This combat sequence is too fucking long and there's too fucking many enemies and they never give you a second to breathe.

Is there ANY WAY to decrease the difficulty? I just want to finish the game and this sequence is completely destroying the experience for me.
If you're on PC you can mod it/cheat engine it. Otherwise, no way in game, outside of ability upgrades and weapons mods. In between each stage you can take your time actually, scope up health, and even pre-snipe some enemies. There are also speedrun safe strats to juke enemies and do the cleanse without fighting, only need to do it three times.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
If you're on PC you can mod it/cheat engine it. Otherwise, no way in game, outside of ability upgrades and weapons mods. In between each stage you can take your time actually, scope up health, and even pre-snipe some enemies. There are also speedrun safe strats to juke enemies and do the cleanse without fighting, only need to do it three times.

Got lucky. Managed to Seize one of the stone-swirling assholes and he distracted the enemies enough to finish it off. That was not fun, woof.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
I swear someone was on acid when they came up with the concept for this game. It's the weirdest game I've ever played so far. Literally makes no sense to me.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Just finished this around 30 min ago. Honestly, I think Quantum Break is better. I like the gameplay mechanics a lot better as well as the story. It just didn't click with me like I thought it would.

Cathcart

Oct 29, 2017
Just started this up for the first time in months because I kinda want to do another run through it. I'm on PC and there's no NG+ option and when I just click New Game (which I'd be fine with) it says this will overwrite all of your previous progress.

Whaaat? Is there a way to backup my save so I can start over? Seems weird that there's no simple way to restart.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
Finally beat this game. Man I HATED the second to last mission Polaris when wave after wave of enemies just attacked you brutally.

Whoever designed that level at Remedy Games should be FIRED.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I just started this yesterday, I'm fairly surprised at how well the game runs at 1080p/Medium with the 1060 6 gb, I thought it would be much worse (DX11).

Would it be better with DX11 or DX12 with that card?

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Really surprised to see so many people struggle with the Hedron sequence. I breezed through it without much thought (and I was even playing without a HUD or aiming reticle) and didn't find the sequence too memorable until I saw people complaining about it.

I love that everyone is having such wildly different reactions and experiences with different parts of the game.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
The DLC delay on Xbox is bullshit. I don't even have a date for mine, and I can't purchase a season pass.

Dec 14, 2017
The DLC delay on Xbox is bullshit. I don't even have a date for mine, and I can't purchase a season pass.
Same on PC. And it's still only on egs. I hope remedy can get around making these deals with publishers for future stuff, it only inconveniences those who play. I actually may buy the game again on steam since by then all the dlc should be out too