• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eisschollee

Oct 25, 2018
Finally done with the game :)

I am kind a sad that it is over but the last bit helped a lot for me wanting to be done with this game though .
Besides the last couple fights, I almost liked everything of the game. My fist singleplayer play through since the first new tomb raider or Divinity: Original Sin 1

Man, I could rave about this game forever !
I mean the setting, the force powers , the look , the protagonist.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Took a while but I've done just about everything in the game that isn't the jukebox. I didn't really enjoy the combat early on but it gets better once you get Levitate and the throw skill is maxed. Pierce also wrecks and didn't leave my loadout. Maybe they should've given you Levitate sooner because it really does spice things up. Even though some of the sidequests were boring (the janitor stuff) some were challenging and more fun, like the mirror and now Mr Tomassi which was tough even with everything maxed. Those shriekers are the real boss in that room. That fight is like the last real combat test and it felt good when I finally beat him.

I watched the Darling and Trench tapes but I haven't read most of the logs because there are soo many. May just watch a story/lore vid to see if I missed anything. There are apparently Alan Wake connections but I don't remember much of that game and must've missed them. But maybe the Alan Wake enemies are related to Hiss? Will have to look this up too. I thought the game had its issues but the story and worldbuilding was fascinating.

Was going to play this on PS4, but then I upgraded my pc and now I'm glad I waited. The game is a treat with all the effects turned on. Even with the ray tracing my framerate was fine most of the time (on 2070 Super).

Oh, what I didn't figure out: can you get into the big containment cell close to where Dylan was? I was able to glide over there but it's a locked room, only area still undiscovered on my map.

Dec 14, 2017
Took a while but I've done just about everything in the game that isn't the jukebox. I didn't really enjoy the combat early on but it gets better once you get Levitate and the throw skill is maxed. Pierce also wrecks and didn't leave my loadout. Maybe they should've given you Levitate sooner because it really does spice things up. Even though some of the sidequests were boring (the janitor stuff) some were challenging and more fun, like the mirror and now Mr Tomassi which was tough even with everything maxed. Those shriekers are the real boss in that room. That fight is like the last real combat test and it felt good when I finally beat him.

I watched the Darling and Trench tapes but I haven't read most of the logs because there are soo many. May just watch a story/lore vid to see if I missed anything. There are apparently Alan Wake connections but I don't remember much of that game and must've missed them. But maybe the Alan Wake enemies are related to Hiss? Will have to look this up too. I thought the game had its issues but the story and worldbuilding was fascinating.

Was going to play this on PS4, but then I upgraded my pc and now I'm glad I waited. The game is a treat with all the effects turned on. Even with the ray tracing my framerate was fine most of the time (on 2070 Super).

Oh, what I didn't figure out: can you get into the big containment cell close to where Dylan was? I was able to glide over there but it's a locked room, only area still undiscovered on my map.
If i'm not mistaken
in panopticon is where the strongest reference to a certain past Remedy game is. You can reach it yes, you mean the one on the left of the map, right?

I think when you get Levitate is the right placement, since it's the final ability that brings full cohesion to the rest of your tool kit. Too early and you wouldn't learn to use the other abilities well.

Oct 27, 2017
So playing this with headphones on and hearing the low key creepy talking and mumbling in the background scares the shit out of me when I'm exploring. Feels like survival horror at certain points—extremely well done atmosphere.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
If i'm not mistaken
in panopticon is where the strongest reference to a certain past Remedy game is. You can reach it yes, you mean the one on the left of the map, right?

I think when you get Levitate is the right placement, since it's the final ability that brings full cohesion to the rest of your tool kit. Too early and you wouldn't learn to use the other abilities well.
I'll have to check tonight, it's called 'Archives' apparently.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just finished the first two missions. The latest OOP I have is
the Hotline.
Will side quests begin opening up? I am on route to the
Maintenance Sector
for the first time.

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
So I finished it a while ago and was mopping up all the remaining achievements but I'm stuck on the Bureau Alert ones. I got some them when I was still doing the main mission so I figured I'd do them later when I finished the game. But now that I finished it the notifications don't pop anymore. I played about two hours worth of exploring doing the bureau commendations and last ability points and not once did a alert show up. So what now? Is there a way to trigger them in some area or something?

Somebody said you can load up a previous mission in the main menu but that will overwrite my savegame so I obviously don't want to do that now that I'm fully upgraded and stuff.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Just finished this game. Wow I loved it. There were some frustrating moments but overall the game was so impressive they were easy to overlook. Movement and combat was so satisfying. World exploration is a ton of fun. Just spent this morning finishing up the bureau alerts and board countermeasures that I had ignored previously to get the platinum. Cant wait for the dlc. Love how they connected Alan Wake to this world too, hope Alan Wake remaster comes soon and we get Alan Wake and Control sequels next gen.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
FUCK YOU MR. TOMASSI!!!!!
god damnit
Hardest boss for sure. Having a damage + headshot + armor pierce boost mod for the Piercer definitely helped me though. The shrieker enemy he adds later is the most annoying part of the fight.

Sometimes I think my completionist edge is being driven by trophies/achievements but I got this game on Epic and I stil went through all the side missions. When a game grabs me, turns out I don't really need them as a drive.

Is there a secret ending/anything for completing all the side objectives?
Don't think so.

Oct 29, 2017
Just upgraded to a Pro and picked this up. Only had time to walk around the introduction but Jesus Christ is it beautiful.

Dec 14, 2017
This may not be a real thing, but is there an alternate color option for the expedition gear? I could have swore I saw in a screenshot somewhere a green tinged one with the bags and straps a lighter biege. No other outfit has alternate colors, argueable some are more or less swaps of each other but whatever, so I think I'm just remembering wrong.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Just a quick reminder because the first story expansion ("The Foundation") is going to be released soon:
The Season Pass is currently on sale (40% discount) in the Playstation Store.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I'm trying to beat the boss at the Benicoff tv area and I'm reading pierce shot is good. Problem is, I don't have pierce shot. I looked up it's location and it comes from old boys club mission which I already beat but still don't have pierce shot. Where is it?

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to beat the boss at the Benicoff tv area and I'm reading pierce shot is good. Problem is, I don't have pierce shot. I looked up it's location and it comes from old boys club mission which I already beat but still don't have pierce shot. Where is it?
I think it's just something you construct.

Check Astral Constructs at a control point and you should be able to construct it.

Dec 14, 2017
Service forms don't drop, they're unlocked as you progress and you have to buy them with source. I don't think the unlock thresholds have been determined yet, but no form is ever required for anything specific. Also, launch is best friend

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Finished it a couple of days ago. I really, really loved the game. However I didn't think I was coming to the end. It wasn't anti-climatic, but I didn't thought it was going to end there. I'm tackling the side-stuff now.

Dec 14, 2017
Lore reorganization/readability will be really nice. It's hard to find something that you know is connected to something else to piece together a bigger chunk of lore as it is now. I hope they give a grid or different listing organization methods too.

Angst72

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good , Control was much better than I had anticipated, so I'm really looking forward to The Foundation. Still need to finish it (on the final part) and then I'll try to finish all side missions and get the Platinum. Would be my first platinum since original Burnout Paradise...

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Did patches ever improve the performance on consoles much? Specifically, the base models. I have the original Xbox One and a PlayStation 4 Slim. Wondering if I should get one of them from GameStop since the price went down recently. I have a pretty high tolerance for performance issues, but would be nice to know if it's improved much from what Digital Foundry showed in their videos months ago. Couldn't really find anything here or elsewhere.

Also been considering getting it on PC. A friend just recently gave me his GTX 1060 which I just installed a few hours ago on my PC as an upgrade to the 1050 Ti that I was using (it came with the PC my dad got me for my birthday last year). CPU is an i5 3470, and I have 8 GB RAM. Only real thing keeping me from getting it on PC is the fact that I've never seen it on sale...and I guess also that if my younger brother wanted to play it, it'd be better to get it on consoles (he has an Xbox One S and PlayStation 4 Pro).

P.S. Silly, but I have all of the other Remedy games on Xbox consoles, so part of me kinda wants to keep that going. Hah.

Dec 14, 2017
The patches mainly benefited PS4Pro and XB1X, base consoles not so much. I'd suggest getting it on pc if you can, it's coming to steam in the summer so it'll be at low prices by end of year for pc.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing 5-6 days ago

1000/1000 (Xbox ). What a game. Finished expedition as well (tier 3). I have costume (maximum on Xbox I think )

can't wait for the dlc

MauroNL

What Are Ya' Buying?
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh, cool, I was just wondering when the DLC would come out. Should be just enough time to play it before FF7 comes out.
Started playing 5-6 days ago

1000/1000 (Xbox ). What a game. Finished expedition as well (tier 3). I have costume (maximum on Xbox I think )

can't wait for the dlc
Its worth noting that the DLC is timed exclusive for PS4 so Xbox players will have to wait about a month extra. There's also still no Season Pass on Xbox at all.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, timed exclusivity is some fucking bullshit.

Still hyped for changes though, whenever I play them. Such an incredible game!

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The patches mainly benefited PS4Pro and XB1X, base consoles not so much. I'd suggest getting it on pc if you can, it's coming to steam in the summer so it'll be at low prices by end of year for pc.
Thanks for the response. Meant to reply much earlier but kept getting distracted.

Not sure if I want to wait until August or later to get it. But we'll see.

Probably gonna need to get a new drive before I can get it on PC. Don't have a lot of free space on the 500 GB one installed on it. I have a 4 TB drive on Xbox One, so space there isn't a huge concern (though I only have like 93 GB free...actually had filled it up, but uninstalled some stuff.)

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, I'm missing one last ability point to get the last upgrade. But I'm searching for like 5 hours now, and can't find any more ability points/secret rooms. It's the only trophy left I need. I think I already finished every quest (it says 30 completed) and I already used a guide for the secret rooms. Do you get ability points for the juke box missions?

Edit: I've even seen people saying they had some ability points left, after maxing out all the skills. Strange.

Last edited:

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Man, I'm missing one last ability point to get the last upgrade. But I'm searching for like 5 hours now, and can't find any more ability points/secret rooms. It's the only trophy left I need. I think I already finished every quest (it says 30 completed) and I already used a guide for the secret rooms. Do you get ability points for the juke box missions?

Edit: I've even seen people saying they had some ability points left, after maxing out all the skills. Strange.
You do not get them from the juke box missions, just main/side missions and finding secret areas. Perhaps you were using a guide that was missing some of the secret areas? That's the only thing I can think of. I needed around 5 or so points after finishing all main & side missions so I booted up a guide, focused on an areas I was familiar with, and finished them off. And I'm pretty sure there were more secret areas to find, if I'd have needed them (I skipped some that needed crazy acrobatics to reach, such as one in the office area on a pillar that you had to "bounce" off an adjacent wall using the ground slam to reach). There should be more than you need.

vmd12

Feb 18, 2020
DLSS causes color banding/posterization in the dark

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

I'm pretty sure you only need about 9 of the hidden areas in order to max everything.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm pretty sure you only need about 9 of the hidden areas in order to max everything.

That's weird. I got the platinum now, after using another guide for the hidden locations and going through all of them again. There was definitely exactly only one I was missing.
That's why I wonder how some people even mentioned that they had some spare ability points left, after getting all the skills to maximum.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
That's weird. I got the platinum now, after using another guide for the hidden locations and going through all of them again. There was definitely exactly only one I was missing.
That's why I wonder how some people even mentioned that they had some spare ability points left, after getting all the skills to maximum.
I've got a heap left after maxing everything.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Do I really have to fight The Former every time during the related side quest? I really don't want to see it again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the dlc is quite nice, first installation is this month I believe.
source.gif