• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Best results i get with my 1070\8600k is 1440p, locked 30 fps 90% of the time with rivatuner, and a mix of high-medium-low setting, 60 fps run like shit so i give up...

Quality image is still a blurry mess and i still have some hiccups even if rivatunes says that i have no frame dips...

Remedy said that their patch is gonna be ready for mid to late september lol, last time i buy a remedy game at launch, i already get fucked 2 times by them, i learned my lesson.

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
Best results i get with my 1070\8600k is 1440p, locked 30 fps 90% of the time with rivatuner, and a mix of high-medium-low setting, 60 fps run like shit so i give up...

Quality image is still a blurry mess and i still have some hiccups even if rivatunes says that i have no frame dips...

Remedy said that their patch is gonna be ready for mid to late september lol, last time i buy a remedy game at launch, i already get fucked 2 times by them, i learned my lesson.

Have you tried using Geforce Overlay's sharpening filter?

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
Finally found the optimal way for me to play this game. Using a 2080 ti on a b6 oled I am running the game in 50hz with DLSS upscaling the picture from native 1440p to 4k and with rtx disabled for shadows and GI (and volum lights on medium) Much much better picture quality over 1080p DLSS with less jaggies and a less grainy picture overall (disabling RT GI improves IQ itself a lot with less moving grains on walls) Furthermore my frame rate is locked to 50 fps even in combat and all the stuttering and random drops are gone. I use the v sync in the Nvidia control panel and have rivatuner at 50 so my frame times is good (though the dx 12 stutters are still there)

Last edited:

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i5-8400
RTX 2070
16GB DDR4

Maxed settings + RT High
3440x1440p 21:9 resolution with DLSS and a 960p base resolution
30fps cap

Game is running on my rig at a perfect 30fps besides the DX12 stuttering which seems like someone might have found a fix for so I'm keen on trying that out! The game runs in the mid 30fps to 60fps range when uncapped.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil
Huh... disabling the exploit setting in windows 10 nearly completelly fixed my stuttering. You guys should give this a try.

FlyingLlama

Oct 29, 2017
I get mostly 60fps at 1440p maxed out with all the ray tracing effects and thats using a regular 2080 with DLSS on... Do get the odd occasional hiccup though where the GPU seems to idle for a sec or two.

EduBRK

Oct 30, 2017
Brazil

To anyone experiencing the DX12 stutter I recommend you to try the following:

1.In Windows Settings search and open Exploit Protection
2.Click On the Program Settings Tab
3.Click On The + Add Programs To Customise
4.Click On Choose Exact File Path
5.Find Control_DX12.exe Click Open
6.Programs Settings For Game Opened ,Scroll Down To Control Flow Guard
7.Put Check Mark In Override System Settings And Turn From On To Off And Apply

After following those instructions my stutter is 100% gone and the game runs flawless, just thought I would share in case it helps others.

Here's the source where I found it: Possible Solution For DX12 Stutter

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
what does exploit protection do though, is it safe to disable it?

iE73PgV.png

It should be safe if you're generally a careful user but it all depends if you're frequently getting malware or not. If it fixes stuttering, and you're not always on dodgy sites, I'd be fine disabling it.

Brock2621

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Has anyone experienced insane heat output from this game? This is like furmark levels of pushing my fans.

yes, my 2080Ti literally sounds like it's about to just blow my case over onto it's side through the side panel vents haha

It's actually hitting thermal limit of 84C during this game (which it doesn't always do)

Brock2621

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Finally found the optimal way for me to play this game. Using a 2080 ti on a b6 oled I am running the game in 50hz with DLSS upscaling the picture from native 1440p to 4k and with rtx disabled for shadows and GI (and volum lights on medium) Much much better picture quality over 1080p DLSS with less jaggies and a less grainy picture overall (disabling RT GI improves IQ itself a lot with less moving grains on walls) Furthermore my frame rate is locked to 50 fps even in combat and all the stuttering and random drops are gone.

This is my exact setup, LG B6 OLED hooked up to a 2080Ti, 4K (DLSS 1440), but I have everything maxed out. I'm thinking of lowering some things cuz when stuff is blowing up everything it sometimes drops below 60.

Do you have V-Sync on? Is there a way to "lock" it at 60? Does V-Sync adaptively drop it as frames drop and then go back up to 60?

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
This is my exact setup, LG B6 OLED hooked up to a 2080Ti, 4K (DLSS 1440), but I have everything maxed out. I'm thinking of lowering some things cuz when stuff is blowing up everything it sometimes drops below 60.

Do you have V-Sync on? Is there a way to "lock" it at 60? Does V-Sync adaptively drop it as frames drop and then go back up to 60?

yes I have v sync on. V sync will be dropped and you will get stutter if your GPU is unable to generate 60 fps or a frame in 16.6 ms, so if you want a locked 60 you need to drop some settings so your GPU is always generating 60 per second. I have the most important ray tracing options on so 60 at 1440p DLSS up to 2160 is no alternative for me ( it is impossible to get a locked 60 fps at 1440p DLSS on a 2080 ti with the rtx settings maxed, only 1080p DLSS works but looks really bad). 50 fps with a few RTX settings dropped on the other hand manages it easily.

Last edited:

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really want to see what some of the RTX stuff looks like for myself. Has anyone got any of it working well enough with a 1080ti to where it's still playable? I have a G-Sync display so lower FPS doesn't feel too bad.

SuperOkay

Oct 30, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm desperately trying to upgrade my 1070 to play this comfortably at 1440p but it seems like it's having performance issues all around. Am I better off waiting for performance patches?

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Remedy are old scene devs so maybe their software still has some low level secret sauce which is scaring Windows.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Turned off exploit protection, game still stutters on DX12.
Try restarting after the exploit protection change. Try closing all web browsers. Try disabling your GPU overclock if applicable. Try turning ON the low latency mode in NVCP. Some combination of that fixed it for me, or at least reduced its occurrence by like 95%. It went from very common to very very rare.

Also, Charge (the gun variant) is like the ultimate "fuck your frame rate" weapon with RT debris on. 😂 love it.

Cookie Dough

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else having some issues with global reflections? I'm not talking performance issues (which are there of course) but it often just looks... wrong? Metal frames around some doors for example can look like they are made of pyrite or something. It can actually look rather weird.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anyone else having some issues with global reflections? I'm not talking performance issues (which are there of course) but it often just looks... wrong? Metal frames around some doors for example can look like they are made of pyrite or something. It can actually look rather weird.

Yeah everyone they are pretty buggy sometimes they even affect the main character, the room where you get the gun from the last director at the start of the game for example.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Question for those of you who found stuttering fixed with the CFG setting, do you use any antivirus? If so, which?

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Turning off exploit protection on an executable seems a little ridiculous. Not implausible, but ridiculous.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Is there something I should do to make the controller work? Playing for the first time on EGS and my ps4 controller isn't working.

ussjtrunks

Oct 25, 2017
If it's really something in the game triggering windows exploit protection surely remedy should release a hotfix

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get a solid 60 FPS with my i7 6700K and Nvidia 1070 with the following settings: 1080p resolution and scaling, ultra textures and highest texture filtering, object level of detail on high, shadows and shadow filtering on medium, SSAO ON, global and screen space reflections on medium, volumetric lighting on medium, and antialiasing on 2X. Glad I have a 1080P tv so the IQ actually looks clear at that resolution.

Crotin

May 6, 2018
whats the gpu usage look like?

No matter how I adjust the settings, it hovers around 95-98%. I heard things tend to happen when it's above 95%, but no matter how little I tone the graphics down, the GPU goes all out. I reseated by GPUs and will try again once the servers are back up. If it still doesn't work then I'll try just one GPU

Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys able to launch the game now? It says Server offline to me and won't let me play it. I can just run the executable directly, but I'm scared of the cloud save replacing my local one once the servers are online again.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
My PC certainly met its match with trying to play 1440p/144hz @ 60fps with this game. Was hoping to wait to upgrade until around Cyberpunk 2077, but man...

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
I'm about 8 hours in running on a 6700k, 1080, 16gigs of ram and an M2 SSD and everything has been great. I'm playing at 1440p, rendering at 1440p with most of the settings at medium and everything runs very smooth. I'm guessing that the game is dropping below 60 in heavy scenes, but I don't have an FPS counter on and my G-sync monitor does a great job keeping everything smooth.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No matter how I adjust the settings, it hovers around 95-98%. I heard things tend to happen when it's above 95%, but no matter how little I tone the graphics down, the GPU goes all out. I reseated by GPUs and will try again once the servers are back up. If it still doesn't work then I'll try just one GPU
If you are not at your FPS cap, your GPU is going to go "all out" in order to push higher frame rates (so long as your not CPU limited). So 99% GPU usage is totally normal if you aren't capping your FPS.

taggen86

Mar 3, 2018
The dx 12 stutter is really strange. It occurs even when GPU and CPU load is below 80 and sometimes when I restart the game, it disappears . But then after a hour, it appears again in full force. Have tried all the solutions provided in this thread but nothing works. Has anyone found a permanent fix, working over several gaming instances?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to sound totally blasphemous but I think I enjoy playing with a controller more than Kb/m. I played the majority at 1080/60ish with dips on a mix of medium / high on a dying rig i7 3770K/Titan X Maxwell. Out of curiosity, just locked it to 30 and maxed everything out at 1440, easily achievable 30fps if you're messing around.

I think the hold out for a completely new rig will wait for Vampire/Cyberpunk. I was tempted but I'm going to wait and go overboard later in the year.