• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
To anyone experiencing the DX12 stutter I recommend you to try the following:

1.In Windows Settings search and open Exploit Protection
2.Click On the Program Settings Tab
3.Click On The + Add Programs To Customise
4.Click On Choose Exact File Path
5.Find Control_DX12.exe Click Open
6.Programs Settings For Game Opened ,Scroll Down To Control Flow Guard
7.Put Check Mark In Override System Settings And Turn From On To Off And Apply

After following those instructions my stutter is 100% gone and the game runs flawless, just thought I would share in case it helps others.

Here's the source where I found it: Possible Solution For DX12 Stutter

Holy crap man, this did it for my hitching on DX12!

Fixed it very near completely. I still get the odd stutter here or there but it's presumably unrelated.

no luck for me unfortunately. but thanks for trying

Did you do a full reboot afterward? Mine didn't take effect until I did that.

ScribblerUK

Nov 22, 2017
Built a new PC with a 2070 Super and got this free - had tried a couple of things on Gamepass and they worked amazingly (Forza Horizon etc) then tried this with raytracing on. Looked beautiful at first, then started to get graphics corruption after about ten minutes, nothing dramatic at first just some weird effects, then it crashed and when I reloaded it was worse and crashed again. Then it started crashing almost immediately. Buggy piece of crap I thought so I loaded Forza again - crashed instantly. Was a new GFX card, so hoping it was just defective, but seems like Control was too much for it lol. Returned it back where I bought it (Best Buy) but having to wait until September 6 for a new one. Super annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Holy crap man, this did it for my hitching on DX12!

Fixed it very near completely. I still get the odd stutter here or there but it's presumably unrelated.

Did you do a full reboot afterward? Mine didn't take effect until I did that.
just did. It appears to be fixed. Not sure which action fixed it yet, but before I rebooted I:
  • Set NCP to Low Latency Mode
  • Did your suggestion
  • Task Manager closed Firefox and Chrome (so they wouldn't auto-load back up on restart)

One of the 3 fixed my issue. Or, I believe so. I'll keep playing but 20 minutes and no hitches is a new record. Everything maxed, 60-75 fps, 3440x1440, ray tracing on high.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

After following those instructions my stutter is 100% gone and the game runs flawless, just thought I would share in case it helps others.

So I tried that and I am getting some weird results...

I thought I had the stuttering that everybody is mentionning in here but I guess they were just good old regular fps drops because once I did that trick, the FPS were suddenly pretty much stable at 60fps (which is fucking great and better than I had before!) but then I started to get a LOT of stuttering during combat... Only during combat actually... When just moving around I'm getting the best performances I've gotten so far with the game but then it becomes unplayable once I start combat.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a problem with this game where the more I play, the more my VRAM fills up. Eventually I get to 9-10GB VRAM usage, and textures no longer load in. It's like... VRAM isn't being freed up. Some sort of memory leak. Only way to fix it is to restart the game, but it seems to happen after just 30 minutes to an hour of playing....

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Wow! This completely fixed the stuttering in DX12 for me. Thank you! It's perfectly smooth now

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i7 8700
8 gb ddr4 ram
rtx 2070 super

1080p + DLSS with high ray tracing. Getting 60 FPS. I am gonna add 16 gigs 3000 mhz ddr4 ram tomorrow

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
The RTX visuals in the maintenance part of the building are some of the most amazing graphics I've ever seen. Lots of steam pipes, water on the ground showing reflections, dark areas with single light sources scattered around the environment- just looks phenomenal.

This is really the first game that has made me see ray tracing as the future of videogame graphics. Shit looks unreal at times and we are in its infancy.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
The ray tracing in this game made me a believer. Sacrificing other settings to keep that shit on and still meet 60 FPS.

Jee whiz it brings in so much atmosphere, especially in a game like this.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
The RTX visuals in the maintenance part of the building are some of the most amazing graphics I've ever seen. Lots of steam pipes, water on the ground showing reflections, dark areas with single light sources scattered around the environment- just looks phenomenal.

This is really the first game that has made me see ray tracing as the future of videogame graphics. Shit looks unreal at times and we are in its infancy.
yeah it looked phenomenal first time I got there. Also the reflections are so good. I got scared I was falling in a pit because of the puddle reflection once lol.

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
any one else getting constant crashes?, 7700k and 2080ti, latest driver and everything, game freezes and then crashes.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I just got there myself.

iTvD2q.jpg

iTvPSM.jpg

iTvNJA.jpg

iTvfxQ.jpg

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017

I'm fine sacrificing resolution to play with RTX settings enabled on my 1080 Ti but the game just won't stop crashing the second I enable any of the RTX features. I noticed that I can prevent the game from crashing by dropping down to 720p and locking my framerate to 30. This at least allows me to walk around but the moment I use a weapon, the game crashes again. Increasing framerate limit to 60 prevents me from walking around.

Hopefully future updates will make raytracing on non-RTX GPUs stable

Crotin

May 6, 2018
Still trying to figure out why I can't get over 40 fps on my PC. My i7-9750H/RTX 2070 Max-Q laptop should not be outperforming my 9900K/2080 Ti SLI PC.

Disabling SLI and underclocking didn't work. Re-verifying the game didn't. Reinstalling drivers after using DDU didn't. Both of my cards have AIO coolers, so I might have to go ahead and try swapping them or something. While probably not meaning anything, I ran 3DMark and got the highest benchmark score I've ever gotten. I've ran out of options besides reinstalling windows, which I really don't want to do.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Still trying to figure out why I can't get over 40 fps on my PC. My i7-9750H/RTX 2070 Max-Q laptop should not be outperforming my 9900K/2080 Ti SLI PC.

Disabling SLI and underclocking didn't work. Re-verifying the game didn't. Reinstalling drivers after using DDU didn't. Both of my cards have AIO coolers, so I might have to go ahead and try swapping them or something. While probably not meaning anything, I ran 3DMark and got the highest benchmark score I've ever gotten. I've ran out of options besides reinstalling windows, which I really don't want to do.
Hmmm, have you tried physically removing one of the cards?
I know my brother used to run a 980ti SLI setup and few cards, even when SLI was disabled would run worse with both cards installed, pulling one card solved the issue. PITA but worth a shot at least

Crotin

May 6, 2018
I know my brother used to run a 980ti SLI setup and few cards, even when SLI was disabled would run worse with both cards installed, pulling one card solved the issue. PITA but worth a shot at least

I'm actually going to try that, it would be funny if it worked. I'll keep you updated

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone running with a 2080/Super? What's performance like? Wondering if I should put a temporary card in until I build fully again.

OP
OP
GrrImAFridge

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Reminds me of a bizarre issue I experienced when I had a couple of 670s. I was seeing graphical corruption in some games, and after trying everything I could think of, I resorted to Google and eventually found someone who had the same problem. He managed to fix it by switching the SLI bridge around.

Sure enough, that did the trick. Same SLI bridge, different orientation.

Hace

Sep 21, 2018
Has anyone experienced insane heat output from this game? This is like furmark levels of pushing my fans.

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
Will this run well on my i7 4790 GTX 970 G1?
Anybody with GTX 970? How is performance in 1080p (not in maximum settings, like on gamegpu site)?
Tried it for a bit earlier on my older machine downstairs i have hooked to my TV specs are gtx 970 , i5 4690k, 16 gb, Win 10.
I got 30-40 fps on high, 40-50 on medium and around 80 fps on low this was on 1080p (also rendering resolution) running trough the first area with action in the game.
For those curious about how it runs on GTX 970. Also, a bit of workaround to get it running at locked 60fps. Basically using base PS4 resolution technique with graphics quality being equivalent or better than consoles for stable 60fps.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
For those curious about how it runs on GTX 970. Also, a bit of workaround to get it running at locked 60fps. Basically using base PS4 resolution technique with graphics quality being equivalent or better than consoles for stable 60fps.

3700X and 970, won't it be bottlenecked? Asking because I'm planning to get the same CPU and still using my 970.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017

Worked for me - thanks!

Crotin

May 6, 2018
Reminds me of a bizarre issue I experienced when I had a couple of 670s. I was seeing graphical corruption in some games, and after trying everything I could think of, I resorted to Google and eventually found someone who had the same problem. He managed to fix it by switching the SLI bridge around.

Sure enough, that did the trick. Same SLI bridge, different orientation.

Lol wow, not sure if I can do that with my NVLink but computers can be silly sometimes

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017

whats the gpu usage look like?

Md Ray

Oct 29, 2017
Chennai, India
3700X and 970, won't it be bottlenecked? Asking because I'm planning to get the same CPU and still using my 970.
With this combination, you will be GPU bottlenecked, and ideally, that's how a gaming PC should be. It shouldn't be CPU bottlenecked.
This opens up paths to upgrade to more powerful GPUs later down the line, and you can rest assured that your CPU will be able to handle bigger GPUs when next-gen games are out. 3700X is a fantastic CPU.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017

This worked for me, though I also turned off every exploit protection in the menu. I also set low latency mode to On in the control panel. After I rebooted my PC the game was stutter free.

Shocchiz

Nov 7, 2017
A reminder, disable SSAO while using RT, it's on by default (check DF video and Nvidia guide for a detailed explanation). Just saying as I completely missed it.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will I be able to max this game out on 1080p (- any MSAA) with RTX on at 60 fps?

My specs:
Asus Prime Z390-A
Intel i7 9700k @5ghz (AIO from Corsair, so never get over 70 degrees when stress testing)
Gigabyte RTX 2080
32 GB RAM (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Will I be able to max this game out on 1080p (- any MSAA) with RTX on at 60 fps?

My specs:
Asus Prime Z390-A
Intel i7 9700k @5ghz (AIO from Corsair, so never get over 70 degrees when stress testing)
Gigabyte RTX 2080
32 GB RAM (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200

No, you still get dips here and there to the mid 50s in combat encounters.

Bring down one or two settings then you're good.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Dictator you should try this! it completely eliminated the DX12 stutter in battles for me. It's such a better experience with RT now! almost entirely smooth frame rate now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would this run well on a GTX 980 Ti and an aging i5 4460 processor? I'm just looking for 1080p60, and I'm willing to sacrifice graphical quality to get it. I just can't wait a year to play this game and the console versions are ass.

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would this run well on a GTX 980 Ti and an aging i5 4460 processor? I'm just looking for 1080p60, and I'm willing to sacrifice graphical quality to get it. I just can't wait a year to play this game and the console versions are ass.
Yeah you should be able to get 60fps. I don't think CPU is a bottleneck in this game, it seems very heavily to rely on single-core performance so I don't think the lesser core count will matter.

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
Well, I bit. The screengrabs were just too good. Couldn't really afford it this month but guess I can live on beans on toast for the next couple of weeks, lol!

Should look good. 2080ti, i5 [email protected], 32GB3200RAM and an SSD. Let's see that eye candy! And only 23GB! Wish more games were this size.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you should be able to get 60fps. I don't think CPU is a bottleneck in this game, it seems very heavily to rely on single-core performance so I don't think the lesser core count will matter.
Cheers, that's what I was hoping for. I hate supporting EGS but I like supporting Remedy so it kinda balances out???

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cheers, that's what I was hoping for. I hate supporting EGS but I like supporting Remedy so it kinda balances out???
From what I understand, if you really don't want any of your money going to Epic, you can buy the game on the Humble Store, use EGS to download it, and then delete Epic's launcher from your PC, since the game is totally DRM-free.

Oct 27, 2017
Budapest
Just want to throw this info out there if anyone is wondering (I apologise if this was mentioned before):
On Vega 56 (with Ryzen 2700, 16GB DDR4) I can more or less maintain 60 FPS at 1440p by setting SSR, Global Reflections and Volumetric Lighting to Medium and turning MSAA off. Everything else can be maxed out. This way the game rarely dropped to the fifties until reaching the first Control Point, it was mostly sticking to sixty.