• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they said early on that they weren't even thinking about what the DLC would be until after they finished the game, and "early 2020" could be anywhere from Jan-Mar and mid around May-Jul. Remedy has a pretty great track record, and Control was excellent IMO, so I'm feeling confident about the expansions, whether they're on sale or not. So much doom and gloom here. It's kinda tiring. And don't buy season passes if it bothers you so much.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
Kind of dumb when something with exclusivity extends to PC, should just be console exclusive they are different markets, not like someone with a gaming rig is going to run out and get an Xbox or PlayStation for a timed exclusive.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean to people who are saying it's a shitty move, I am sure Remedy or 505 certainly doesn't wants to put their Pass on sale, they're doing out of necessity by their finances.

It's unfortunate but not shitty.

IamAwake

Oct 27, 2017
Do you guys think we will see release news soon for DLC 1? It says it's coming early 2020.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I paid full price for the season pass by buying it on the same day as I got the full game, and I was glad to. I loved Control, I rated it as the best game of 2019, and I was very happy to support Remedy with my purchase. It deserved way more sales, it's amazing.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Sony moneyhat'd the timed exclusive stuff and then MS moneyhat'd them to not release any of it.

They divided by zero.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Moneyhats for a season pass? Come on, Remedy.
They took every deal they could get it seems. EGS exclusive, the game was part of an Nvidia promo and the deal with Sony.

I don't blame them. For whatever reason Remedy games struggle to sell and I'm sure with all that extra cash from those deals the game was a success.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Kind of a big difference with FF7. It may as well not even be episodic because I'm sure there will be another 3+ year wait for the second episode. So it's basically just gonna be a sequel.
That's not really my point I was just saying episodic games aren't/haven't died because of a discount before the last episodes, that's a leap.

Oct 25, 2017
That's not really my point I was just saying episodic games aren't/haven't died because of a discount before the last episodes, that's a leap.
Final Fantasy 7 is not an episodic release as we know it. There is no "FF7 season pass" because it will come out as separate games. At this point the only big episodic games recently have been Life is Strange 2 that just finished (and seems to have sold worse than previous games), and Kentucky Route Zero that started ages ago.

Telltale died. Hitman changed from an episodic style to a full game release with DLC expansions.

My original point was that season passes getting discounts before full DLC release is way too common now. Sometimes it happens before ANY of it is out (Control as seen in this thread, and also Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus), and most often it happens before most of the DLC is out. Most common case seems to be after the first DLC release when the publisher wants to sell some more passes.