• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yeah I typically don't buy season passes Day 1, unless I really want to show some additional support for the game. Always a chance once I get around to actually playing the content, the season pass is already on sale somewhere. In the past I've also bought season passes for games and by the time the content came out I just had no interest in going back to that game (even if I enjoyed the base game).

With Control, I liked the game enough that I probably will go back and play the DLC regardless, so this price seems reasonable to me.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
they never really fixed the protagonist in-game model right? The actress is gorgeous, but that in-game model, looks so weird on some angles.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I'm sure I'll be absolutely in love with this game but will only pick it up once all the content is out. This just further cements my feelings on it.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Depends on the game.

AC Odyssey did it great and was basically a new game worth of content on top of AC3 remastered for free, all for 40 bucks. They set expectations really well, especially with their monthly content drop videos. From the beginning, they said the first act of 3 stories are a new arc in the same game world, and pointed to the first Origins DLC as an example. Then the later 3 parts a new expanded storyline like the second dlc Origins dlc, set in new areas EACH.

It was a ridiculous amount of content that they had a history of delivering on their last game to point to.

The first expansion was more samey content to the base map in a game that had too much content already. Pretty sure it was 40% before 2/3s of the second expansion was out either so it was still stupid to buy it at launch.

Lyon

Jun 5, 2019

CONTROL_post_launch_roadmap_FINAL.jpg

Now I know buying a Season Pass sight unseen is already a dumb move, and I didn't buy it either, but this has to be some kind of record right? Not even the free extra mode is out yet.

Didn't the patch today include DLC?

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
they never really fixed the protagonist in-game model right? The actress is gorgeous, but that in-game model, looks so weird on some angles.
I don't think they will either. The weird thing is they used her in Quantum Break. And, while the model isn't as high quality as in Control, it looks more right. The real life actress, Courtney Hope, does have a similar issue due to certain strong facial features. She does definitely look better than that IRL though.

Didn't the patch today include DLC?
Expeditions mode, yeah.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
This has been happening for years. I remember getting the Batman Arkham Origins Season Pass for 75% off before all the main expansion had even dropped. You're just flushing money down the toilet by buying into these things early.

35% off before anything has come out might be a new extreme, though.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This has been happening for years. I remember getting the Batman Arkham Origins Season Pass for 75% off before all the main expansion had even dropped. You're just flushing money down the toilet by buying into these things early.

35% off before anything has come out might be a new extreme, though.

episodic games are notorious for this as well

Lyon

Jun 5, 2019
I don't think they will either. The weird thing is they used her in Quantum Break. And, while the model isn't as high quality as in Control, it looks more right. The real life actress, Courtney Hope, does have a similar issue due to certain strong facial features. She does definitely look better than that IRL though.

Expeditions mode, yeah.

Guess OP jumped the gun.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Pre-ordered the Deluxe edition with the season pass at launch for $71.99, so I'm still doing alright. Excited to see what Remedy does with DLC for this fantastic game. Sucks that there's time exclusivity shenanigans surrounding it though.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Best bet is to just completely ignore season pass content and to never buy them. They're (almost) never worth it. The Witcher 3 is an anomaly.

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
This ain't worth shit if you have an Xbox and you're waiting until spring for that first expansion lol

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, we have to wait for the Expeditions DLC to drop on XBox right?
That was not clear whatso-fucking-ever on the Game Awards reveal. That is for fucking sure.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
This is the sort of thing devs and pubs should avoid when they're not putting out SP content that quickly, as it just annoys the early supporters who have gotten no content yet. I've been fine with it mid-content schedule for people to catch up, but it's dumb to do it before the content is out.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Because of how fucked up video game prices can be here in my country, I actually got the Deluxe Edition because the recent PSN sale made it cheaper than if I bought it retail at a local store.

I hope we get the first story DLC soon though, I need more of this game.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought it on sale during the sale to show my support as it was one of my favorite games last year. If it goes lower that's fine, I know what I got myself into.

Mr Delabee

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Because of how fucked up video game prices can be here in my country, I actually got the Deluxe Edition because the recent PSN sale made it cheaper than if I bought it retail at a local store.

I hope we get the first story DLC soon though, I need more of this game.

DLC 1 is out March 26th.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was Expeditions part of the season pass and now free to all players?

Snake Eater the only issue I've ever had was with unpausing would take a couple seconds to get back up to 30 fps.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was always fine for me except for maybe one problem area on the map.
Was Expeditions part of the season pass and now free to all players?

Snake Eater the only issue I've ever had was with unpausing would take a couple seconds to get back up to 30 fps.

good to hear, I remember reading a lot the technical issues when reviews came out of this, was waiting for this to be patched before starting

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, fuck! I haven't paid any attention to the Control DLC because I've yet to play the game, but the "AWE" DLC is Alan Wake related? Same font and everything.

I guess I might finally play through the Alan Wake DLC and American Nightmare before getting to Control if that's the case. I could maybe even replay the main campaign of Alan Wake because it's been so many years.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, fuck! I haven't paid any attention to the Control DLC because I've yet to play the game, but the "AWE" DLC is Alan Wake related? Same font and everything.

I guess I might finally play through the Alan Wake DLC and American Nightmare before getting to Control if that's the case. I could maybe even replay the main campaign of Alan Wake because it's been so many years.
It's more than related. You definitely should play the DLC first. American Nightmare is much less essential, and not nearly as good either, but still, if you already own it, give it a shot.

Oct 29, 2017
Just a heads up: this discount is ending tomorrow 1/17/2020 at 10:00 am. I just found out about it lol maybe someone else can benefit from it as well.

What a fucking ride this game has been for me -- I'm definitely looking forward to getting more of it, and I haven't even completed it yet!

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
IIRC this also happened with Nioh and Ni No Kuni 2. Those both had Gold Editions and Season Passes get discounted quite quickly after launch

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
aw man got excited it was cheap, check the EGS store and apparently they don't even sell the season pass yet.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
This is really highly unusual. Typically passes don't go on sale until all the constituent DLC has been released.