• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you guys watching every single Bond film if you think all of them except one are bad? I'm really trying to wrap my head around watching 20 movies from one franchise, disliking all of them, and still setting aside 2 more hours to watch the 21st one anyway. I feel like after a handful it would've been clear that the franchise isn't for you.
You can enjoy a bad movie. And It's not like I did some weird marathon, those movies have been around forever, and I'm not so young anymore either so yeah, I eventually saw them all over the years.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
LOTR was boring. A lot of Spielberg's movies are boring. Guardians of the Galaxy was lame and I think I hate Chris Pratt. I thought Snowpiercer was fucking dreadful and I was shocked to find out later it was from the same director as one of my all-time favorites, Memories of Murder.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I have a different opinion about this drama on HbO called Chernobyl. People told me in the other thread chernobyl is a documentary drama (docudrama for short), but i have my own opinion:

Chernobyl is not a docuseries or docudrama. To me it is a drama based on true story, the drama surrounding it has been improvised, so technically it is a drama, not docudrama or any kind of documentary attached to it. Cc Mendrox

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
The VVitch was the most boring ass excuse for a horror movie and is only notable by the ending. Hereditary was sooooooo much better.

Batman Begins was horrible and stole so much from The Shadow, which was actually good. Ra's al Ghul was a wack villian and the Scarecrow was super duper wack.

The Matrix is the Wachowski's only good film

Firefly is not a good TV show
You take that back!

Last edited:

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
People not appreciating or wanting to watch older/classic movies is fine. They've usually been ripped off, spoofed, milked dry, shown up in advertising, discussed ad nausem, contain things that wouldn't fly today and been a part of the Simpsons so much that the impact they had when released is often lost.

Not to say they can't still be enjoyed of course, I just get not wanting to bother in some cases.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Venom was extremely fun and a breath of fresh air compared to the predictable MCU movies and I'm so glad it exceeded box office expectations.

Pudie

The Fallen
Aug 19, 2018
Lost had a fantastic ending, Game of Thrones wasn't that bad either, and David Lynch is fucking terrible.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Prometheus wasn't that bad.

Citizen Kane is boring.

Black Panther was vastly overrated. (Still a great movie though)

Digimon Adventure Tri was not particularly good but enjoyable enough and better than 02.

The OG Eureka Seven is better than Evangelion.

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the RoboCop remake.

I liked King Arthur Legend of the Sword.

Both Blade Runners are incredibly boring. I feel like people just love them for the wallpaper asthetic.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Vertigo is painfully boring, as are most of Hitchcock's films.

Jurassic Park starts out as an interesting movie about science vs morality and ethics and then turns into a silly monster movie.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black panthers vfx are awful. Not awful enough to take away the cultural importance of the film or the strength of its characters. But bp and killmonger look like ps2 pre rendered cut scene characters in the final battle and his suit looks significantly worse than his amazingly well realized civil war suit

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It Comes At Night and The Blackcoat's Daughter are some of the best horror movies ever made and together with Hereditary (the best of the bunch) and The VVitch put A24 firmly at the top of modern horror studios.

I'm going to add-on since it's the same director....Trey Edward Shults Krisha is the best and most confident debut by a writer and director in the past decade. Yet, nobody watched it.

Released

Oct 27, 2017
Wes Anderson has only made a couple of movies I like and none that I'd consider especially great.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
TLJ is the best star wars movie.

Dunkirk is by far Nolans best work.

Hateful 8 is the best by Tarantino.

All Marvel movies are like McDonald's meals, you won't remember them for that long, and they really don't have a impact on anything.
Ironman is 11 years old and I remember it though. Explain that science.

dedacc

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Martian is a better movie about the future of space faring than Interstellar.

OP
OP
Nostremitus

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I'm ok with Robert Pattinson playing Batman if he's Dick Grayson or Terry McGinnis taking over after Batfleck retires.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The following movies are decent, but not great:

The Godfather movies
Pulp Fiction
Interstellar
Saving Private Ryan
Fight Club
Logan
The Silence of the Lambs
Annihilation
The Matrix
Fargo

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Angelina Jolie and Isabelle Huppert are the greatest actresses modern cinema has ever known.

Black Panther makes black Americans look bad.

Would like to know why.

LOST's finale was excellent and most people aren't paying close attention to it.

LOST was also very influential for the TV landscape we have today.

OP
OP
Nostremitus

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Tony Stark is Steve Rogers' son.

Tony Stark was born in May of 1970.

When Tony and Steve traveled back to July 1970, Tony's mom was still pregnant with Alphonso, meaning that she could not have given birth to Tony two months prior. Tony was shocked to find out Howard's wife was still pregnant.

Howard previously tells Tony that he was his greatest creation in the video he had left for him. Now that we know that Howard is not his biological father, that means literal creation.

Tony is able to survive trauma that should kill any normal man. In fact, Tony remains mostly unharmed after many similar falls that broke War Machine's back.

I posit that in an effort to recreate the Super Soldier program, Steve's DNA was used to fertilize an egg and create a subset of super-human offspring to see if the genetic modification was passed on. The child showed no signs of super strength, so the project was halted. Having recently lost their son, Alphonso, the Starks take the child in as their own, naming him Tony.

This would explain Tony's super resiliency and intelligence.

In the comics Tony discovered that he was adopted by the Starks following the loss of their baby, but his parentage is unconfirmed.

Last edited:

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars is a children's fantasy movie that people mistook for adult sci-fi because it's set in space

Ghostbusters is a mediocre brand with a catchy theme song. The 2016 movie was at the standard I'd expect for a nostalgia reboot of an old brand and the backlash is by far the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen. I imagine the next movie will underperform

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It Comes At Night and The Blackcoat's Daughter are some of the best horror movies ever made and together with Hereditary (the best of the bunch) and The VVitch put A24 firmly at the top of modern horror studios.

Speaking of, The VVitch was good but could have been so much better if they didn't keep undercutting the tension by prematurely fast forwarding to new scenes.
I loved Blackcoat's

Great combination of creepy, moody, tense, and surprise.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Any tv shows (scifi especially) that retcon a sentient being introduced as neutral only to turn evil later on is just fucking lazy writing. AFAIK, it happens on Fringe final season and now happening seems will be the focus of Agents Of SHIELD final season and I really hate it.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think subverting expectations can be good, but isn't inherently good. Especially without major payoff. Yes, I'm talking about TLJ and I didn't like the movie. Payoff wasn't there for me and the throne room scene doesn't hold up at all on second viewing.

Don't @ me, because arguing SW sucks a lot more than I could think any SW movie sucks and so I have a policy of not doing that.

Last edited:

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
TLJ is a great SW movie, one of the best, and that isn't an unpopular opinion outside of small fan bubbles.

WW is about as good as Ant-Man/Dr. Strange, which is to say good but middle of the pack in terms of overall genre quality.

Philadelphia is well-acted but very dated in terms of its narrative about an intensely homophobic lawyer gradually overcoming his homophobia thanks to the noble suffering of his gay client with AIDS who dies for his redemption. Not sure how controversial that is but it was an Oscar-winner.

Incredibles 2 was incredibly (ha) forgettable and just rehashed the premise and payoff from the first movie.

Independence Day is a stone-cold classic with rock-solid structure, theming, and character performances, and it's optimistic bent towards overcoming unstoppable problems through collective effort is inspiring.

I don't watch a lot of TV but I do think Friends is the bland oatmeal of sitcoms.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Solo and Rogue One are the best Star Wars films since Return of the Jedi.

Suspiria 2018 > Suspiria 1977

Living Single was far better than Friends and deserved to have the payday that the Friends cast ended up getting.

Die Hard 3 is on par with Die Hard 1

Batman Begins is the best live action Batman movie

Lucha Underground was the best wrestling show since WCW went off the air

I enjoyed Sucker Punch and the Ghost In The Shell remake