• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
I'm looking for some games to play with friends/wife. I read about overcooked and snipperclippers. What games do you recommend for less than $20?

Thanks!

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Snipperclips is great, was kinda short though, know the wife and I finished it in a night. Want to pick up Overcooked, but pretty sure that will lead us to hating each other by the end of the session lol.

Deleted member 20296

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Loading times in overcooked are real bad and the frame rate isn't amazing but the game is so good that you can give it a pass. It's an amazing game to make everyone hate each other

Puyo puyo is also amazing

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Even if the game is not perfect, Moon Hunters is 1,56 dollars in the dannish eshop

Odyssey also has an awesome coop mode if the other person don't have huge gaming skills

OP
OP
rzmunch

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Bomberman main singleplayer can be played with 2 players. Also it is bomberman =P
And accepts up to 6 or 8 players on deathmatch
Thanks! Ill buy it when I have the money. Thanks for the tip about moon hunters. Is there another way than creating new profiles to use other eshops?
What if i buy a game and then change the country of the account, do I lose the game or just the funds?

Last edited:

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I only have the PS4 version of Overcooked but my wife and I love it. She almost never plays games and that game kind of got her started playing some games now.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
I can recommend some things if you tell me what type of games you're into. Overcooked and Snipperclips are both fun.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Thanks! Ill buy it when I have the money. Thanks for the tip about moon hunters. Is there another way than creating new profiles to use other eshops?
What if i buy a game and then change the country of the account, do I lose the game or just the funds?

Turn of your switch, go here and change your contry
https://accounts.nintendo.com/profile/edit
Buy it with credit card "just the necessary funds" and go back to your original country.

You don't loose anything changing country, most games you can even delete and redownload in your own region (i don't know why would you do that), but the funds stay in the country you bought them.

Also here is a site that tells the price of the game in other countries
https://savecoins.me/

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
The consensus are platform coop, rpgs, puzzles

The following games have co-op are all great IMO:
Overcooked! (essential co-op)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (I saw that you already got this, and it's an excellent game)
Snipperclips (there's a new version coming soon, that will be available as DLC to the old version)
Death Squared
NeuroVoider
Picross S (I have only played this one single player myself, but it seems like the co-op is to solve the puzzles together)

These two games are vs. but might fit your description. Bot games have single player campaigns as well and both are really excellent:
Tumblestone (don't miss this gem)
Puyo-Puyo Tetris

JGCD

Oct 25, 2017
Going slightly OT here but what does the list of online titles for the switch looking like? A bunch of my friends recently got the system and we already got Mario kart but a bunch of them ain't huge splatoon fans so any suggestions?

Virtu Al

Oct 25, 2017
Italy, Rome
For competitive I recommend Astro Duel Deluxe and Ninja Shodown

I quote for Astro Duel Deluxe. At first it looked like a pretty barebones experience, which in a way it is, but damn if it works. it's one of the most successful Switch games among my circle of friends, it's pure arcadey multiplayer goodness and among the ones that cause the biggest laughters. It is pretty cheap too, so if you need a simple game, easy to pick up and play for anyone, defenitely check this one out.

it's pretty much multiplayer Asteroids, but with multiple stages, power-ups and modes.

OP
OP
rzmunch

rzmunch

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Thanks bought moon hunters, and already have the puyo tetris.

Isnt Tumblestone like a puzzle like tetris? Maybe the graphics mislead me.

Ill add Deathsquared, neurovoider, overcooked and snipperclips to the list of future buys.

Thanks all of you!

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Isnt Tumblestone like a puzzle like tetris? Maybe the graphics mislead me.

It's a match-three puzzle game, but visually it looks a bit like Tetris. If you play the single campaign, you'll unlock special block types that will extend the variations of the gameplay quite a bit.

I quote for Astro Duel Deluxe. At first it looked like a pretty barebones experience, which in a way it is, but damn if it works. it's one of the most successful Switch games among my circle of friends, it's pure arcadey multiplayer goodness and among the ones that cause the biggest laughters. It is pretty cheap too, so if you need a simple game, easy to pick up and play for anyone, defenitely check this one out.

it's pretty much multiplayer Asteroids, but with multiple stages, power-ups and modes.

I agree. For fairly skilled gaming friends, it's a perfect vs game.
I'd also suggest a look at the fairly newly added 2-player vs. mode in Tumbleseed. Very fun IMO.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bomberman main singleplayer can be played with 2 players. Also it is bomberman =P
And accepts up to 6 or 8 players on deathmatch

Bomberman isn't less than $ 20 though, in fact, it is way more expensive.

I bought it and the story mode doesn't seem to be worth it after finishing the first world. Planned to play it with my wife myself as well as the typical Bomberman MP sessions.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Putty Pals is also a fun co-op platformer and reminiscent of Ibb and Obb. You need to work together. Use each other as bounce pads, stretch out your hand to grab your friend and sling each other across surfaces etc. I played through the first world with somebody else and I had a great time doing it. We will probably continue our journey this week. It's the kind of co-op that I enjoy the most. True teamwork. Not just running through the game together.

I almost didn't buy it because the graphics made it look like a cheap cash-in. Glad I bit the bullet though.

My other recommendations are already included in this topic. Both Snipperclips (expanded version soon!) and Death Squared are great fun with others.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I love playing Puyo Puyo Tetris, SnipperClips and Mario Kart with my wife. You could say Puyo Puyo might be a bit pricey, but the countless hours we've put on it made it worth that money.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
The consensus are platform coop, rpgs, puzzles

Overcooked is easily the best couch coop game for Switch, my GF and I have a blast everytime we play. I'd recommend grabbing Picross S as well, it's really cheap and you can do the puzzles together and even compete with each other to see who color more tiles

Also, regarding platformers, the best option is Shovel Knight. It's a bit more expensive but it's one of the best platformers out there

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Going slightly OT here but what does the list of online titles for the switch looking like? A bunch of my friends recently got the system and we already got Mario kart but a bunch of them ain't huge splatoon fans so any suggestions?

For budget-priced online games, Fast RMX is the title that comes to mind.

And perhaps also Flip Wars with the latest update, but I still feel that the content in that game is too low.

Puyo-Puyo Tetris also have online between friends.

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
World of Goo is also a good pick up if you haven't played it yet (or even if you have way back, it's worth revisiting). You can play it in co-op with motion controls.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
World of Goo is also a good pick up if you haven't played it yet (or even if you have way back, it's worth revisiting). You can play it in co-op with motion controls.

I have the game (haven't played it for a couple of months), but didn't realize that it had co-op. Need to try that. I will get Putty Pals on your recommendation as well now.

VeuillezPLP

Oct 28, 2017
France
Loved Moon Hunters on PC, just bought it on Switch actually.
Great Action game with a huge emphasis on narrative side of the game.

Plenty of possible playthroughs and up to 4 players at the same time on screen.