• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Today is Pre-Coop Cup with Character team tournament. 5-on-5 with each team only allowed to enter with one character. More than 500 players participating. It's always hype as fuck, don't miss this one out.

Schedule: January 5-6 beginning at JST 10:00

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Those 5 throws were funny. First time watching this, liking it so far even with my extremely slim knowledge about the game.

Kave

Feb 5, 2018
Canada
Here's the schedule for the weekend.

And for those who want to know how the tournament is setup:

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
So is the actual matches elimination? Like does each player on the team play until they lose?

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Yesss my favourite event of the year. Guess it's time to get back to playing as Oro for the next few months

Mamoniadas

Oct 25, 2017
So is the actual matches elimination? Like does each player on the team play until they lose?
5 stages. single game waseda/pokemon style for round 1, round 2, top 8. single game 1v1 for playoff A and playoff B.
Round 1 is all 5-man teams are placed into 24 groups of 3 teams and play in a round-robin format. Once all teams have played in that group, the results are: 24 teams that are 1st in their group advance to round 2, 24 teams that are 2nd in their group advance to playoff A, and the rest are eliminated.

Playoffs A is a 24-man single game bracket for each team that placed 2nd in their group bracket in round 1. Each team must pick a single player for their team to represent them in the playoffs. its 1v1 the whole way. The single winner advances to Playoff B.

2nd round is the same thing as Round 1 with the winning teams of round 1 being put into 7 groups (commonly 6 groups of 3 and 1 of 4). the results are: 7 teams that are 1st in their group advance to top 8, 7 teams that are 2nd in their group advance to playoff B, and the rest are eliminated.

Playoffs B is a 8-man single game brackets for each team that placed 2nd in their group bracket in round 2 + the winner of Playoff A. Each team must pick a single player for their team to represent them in the playoffs. its 1v1 the whole way. The single winner advances to top 8.

Top 8 is the 7 winning teams of round 2 + the 1 winning team of Playoff B.
h2h

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I dislike Yun, haha.

Ibuki team almost got to the top.

Who was Momochi's usual 3S main? It's not Yun if I recall.

Raiku

Oct 25, 2017
California, USHeyHey!
Co-op Cup

giphy.gif

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Game is absolute kusoge and mechanically as bad as SFV. The difference being it's more fun to watch due to the extremely high skill ceiling. I'mma watch this when it's all over and give my thoughts after. It's nice that so many people are watching this.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
I hate 3s as a game to play but love it as a spectator. It's a genuinely awful game that's beyond exciting to watch

Ninjimbo

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Haven't watched a lot of 3S and never really played it, but I feel SFV's rhythm in it.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Game is absolute kusoge and mechanically as bad as SFV. The difference being it's more fun to watch due to the extremely high skill ceiling. I'mma watch this when it's all over and give my thoughts after. It's nice that so many people are watching this.

3S would be my favorite game, but it's just way too meter dependent. And the balance problems really limit the variety. People love the game because of the juggle combos and execution, but I don't fetishize that shit. At its best, it's the most read heavy game and that's why I love it. It's super flawed tho.

1. ST
2. 3S
3. SFV
4. USFIV
5. HF

Haven't watched a lot of 3S and never really played it, but I feel SFV's rhythm in it.

SF4 and SFV are both children of 3S. People compare the last two games to SFII and Alpha all the time, but those three games share the most mechanical DNA out of the whole franchise.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
3S would be my favorite game, but it's just way too meter dependent. And the balance problems really limit the variety. People love the game because of the juggle combos and execution, but I don't fetishize that shit. At its best, it's the most read heavy game and that's why I love it. It's super flawed tho.

1. ST
2. 3S
3. SFV
4. USFIV
5. HF
I'd say it's the opposite. It's the most option select heavy street fighter of all. Nowhere near read heavy

Auto

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

1. ST
2. 3S
3. SFV
4. USFIV
5. HF

SF4 and SFV are both children of 3S. People compare the last two games to SFII and Alpha all the time, but those three games share the most mechanical DNA out of the whole franchise.
1. 3S
2. USFIV
3. ST
4. Alpha 3
5. Alpha 2
6. EX3
7. Puzzle Fighter
8. Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game
9. SFV

The balance is fine. The game has such a high skill ceiling that you can win with any character if you put in the work.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I won with Hugo the other day. Damn did I break the game?

Stop watching Japanese tournaments and play the game.

I play yo. Come get a piece of my green belt Elena on PS4 haha

I love the game. The shit just ain't balanced well.

Sei Elena just pulled off a smooth 3 character comeback for his team, tho. Even beat a Chun in the process.

Last edited:

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Totally forgot this was on. Guess I know what I'm doing rest of the weekend.

These things are always hype.

Even though this team is from NA their name being The Lake Show makes me want then to lose on principle alone.