• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Police being police. ACAB
Kinda on the police's side here because it absolutely should be against the law to carry a gun around. I mean it isn't, and the police were wrong, but lets change this law.
giphy.gif

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
See, and I was about to be all flippant and ask if there would be a defense force for this....

Then dots comes in and posts and he's 100% serious....

You hate to see it.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Open carry people are legitimately dangerous to public safety so I can't feel bad for him. Connecticut cops being dirty isn't surprising in anyway.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I have no idea how those officers could possibly be cleared. I mean Holy shit there's literally video evidence of them exposing themselves.

On another note I'm interested in hearing why "all cops are bad because of statistics" is perfectly fine to spout, while "all -insert people of your choice- are bad due to statistics" is off limits. I get that it's an emotional pushback against the rampant corruption in American police forces, but really? It's unproductive at best.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NoT AlL CoPs.
Fuck these pieces of shit. ACAB.

I don't understand these responses. Is every cop in this video or something?

I found a lot crappy run-ins with a lot of crappy cops. Especially when I was young and looking for trouble. I've also had a lot of good run-ins with a lot of good cops. It's just weird to me to see such terrible logic to insist that all of one profession is bad.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can'
I have no idea how those officers could possibly be cleared. I mean Holy shit there's literally video evidence of them exposing themselves.

On another note I'm interested in hearing why "all cops are bad because of statistics" is perfectly fine to spout, while "all -insert people of your choice- are bad due to statistics" is off limits. I get that it's an emotional pushback against the rampant corruption in American police forces, but really? It's unproductive at best.

Do those people choose a profession steeped in corruption or born into a demographic?

Fuck ALL cops.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
On another note I'm interested in hearing why "all cops are bad because of statistics" is perfectly fine to spout, while "all -insert people of your choice- are bad due to statistics" is wrong?
*(sighs)* One more time for the people in the back.

American cops are beholden to a system that explicitly uses them to uphold white supremacist norms. Indeed, the occupation has been specifically targeted by white supremacist nepotism. Even if there are good individuals, they lack the tools and power to actually push the system towards more equitable ends, either staying silent to abuses, getting run out of the profession, or even killed.

"-insert people of choice-" like...say...black people... or Hispanic people.... or LGBT people... or any other minority people try to use to compare to an occupation (you know, an actual choice) inherently have nothing to do with any negative statistical data you could levy at them, by which I mean: trying to directly correlate immutable biological characteristics and phenotypical expression with crime, as if being dark-skinned means you are genetically more disposed towards immorality, makes literally no fucking sense and is absolutely bigoted. Instead, what we see are people railroaded by sociopolitical factors as a result of their caste (a lot of which are, funnily enough, exacerbated by cops), thus blaming someone's race, gender, sexual orientation, immigration status, etc. for something like crime is...like...morally wrong.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I found a lot crappy run-ins with a lot of crappy cops. Especially when I was young and looking for trouble. I've also had a lot of good run-ins with a lot of good cops. It's just weird to me to see such terrible logic to insist that all of one profession is bad.

There are no good cops so long as the institution of American policing remains as dangerous and corrupt as it is. It's systemic. The rot goes straight down to the roots.

Oct 27, 2017
I can tell the guy who's phone filmed it is white because if he was a black man he would have been murdered. And he never could have gotten an open carry permit in the first place

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There needs to be systemic culture change for sure. It's nice that they feel like a family. But that "we always have each others back" shit is dangerous with a position of such power that is also mean to serve the entire public.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017

because if they press these guys, what kind of pandora's box do you open if someone suggests the Feds come investigate the goddam State police?
its not like you can say "no", you got your own people on tape and you charged them, so obviously there's a need for a closer look. But instead, these are just some bad apples who needed internal discipline and everyone has learned their lesson and will be best from now on. Promise-swear.

and to your second point, the statistics for police misconduct is expected to be under reported and played down as much as the statistics showing America is under attack from vicious brown and black criminality to be exaggerated, for the same reasons.

OP
OP
NoName999

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

You choose to become a cops

You're born a certain race/gender/sexuality

And the added bonus of cops being license to kill.

What makes this so hard?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely saw this exact same video like a year or so ago. It's god awful but this isn't a recent event, just must have been recently re-uploaded.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This video is from 2016. The cops were exonerated.

Fuck everything.

edit: the most detailed article if you can stomach the domain
On camera debating the best ways to charge him with something even when he was well within his right to carry and they made up witnesses...and they still fucking get off.

Fuck everything, but mostly fuck cops. jfc

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
In America you think twice about calling the police as they might shoot you or frame you.

In America you think twice about calling an Ambulance or going to Hospital as you might end up broke.

Shame on your country. I do enjoy your movies though.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow this is like a Reno 911 scene.........wait wait wait they got away with this... the fuck.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
You don't understand. Their jobs are so hard, you can't expect them to do it well or be accountable! /s

I hope he sues the shit out of the department.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
To paraphrase what they tell rape victims or people getting shot for being dressed the wrong way

iF tHeY dId nOt wAnT tO bE cAlLeD cUnTs tHeY sHoUld nOt aCt lIkE cUnTs

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ACAB, Fuck all cops, etc

And once again we have someone in here comparing cops to an actual race of people

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
After watching the video I can tell that scene is full of assholes, except one set of assholes is committing their assholery shit within the scope of the law (the stupid open carry shit) and the other set of assholes were trying to incriminate people who were acting within the, regrettably stupid, law.
No surprise seeing cops trying to cover their asses and have each other's backs, even if it means going above the law. Fuck that shit.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There are no good cops so long as the institution of American policing remains as dangerous and corrupt as it is. It's systemic. The rot goes straight down to the roots.

I'm familiar with this logic. It's still fallacious.

I'm a mortgage loan officer. I love what I do. There are a number of unscrupulous people in my profession. I am not unscrupulous. I do good business because of my reputation. I can't make every other loan officer have ethics. I can't report all of them because to some extent it's systemic. That does not make me a bad person or bad loan officer. This is extremely basic logic.

Kelsdesu

Oct 25, 2017
All yall need to show more empathy to these officers.

Jokes aside. This isnt the first or last time some shit like this going to happen.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

All cops are bad, dude.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The institution of policing is fundamentally corrupt and needs to be uprooted and reformed.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm familiar with this logic. It's still fallacious.

I'm a mortgage loan officer. I love what I do. There are a number of unscrupulous people in my profession. I am not unscrupulous. I do good business because of my reputation. I can't make every other loan officer have ethics. I can't report all of them because to some extent it's systemic. That does not make me a bad person or bad loan officer. This is extremely basic logic.

The institution itself is rotten. There can be no good cops in a system that is so deeply corrupt. Also, if you're out here saying "The good cops can't report the bad cops because it's systemic," than there are no good cops.

Fuck.

The.

Police.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The institution itself is rotten. There can be no good cops in a system that is so deeply corrupt. Also, if you're out here saying "The good cops can't report the bad cops because it's systemic," than there are no good cops.

Fuck.

The.

Police.

That still doesn't make sense. I assume you won't ever be calling them for any reason whatsoever, correct?

I mean, I know quit being Mr. "Fuck all cops" once I needed one and they helped me out.

But you won't do that right?

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That still doesn't make sense. I assume you won't ever be calling them for any reason whatsoever, correct?

I mean, I know quit being Mr. "Fuck all cops" once I needed one and they helped me out.

But you won't do that right?
Never called the cops in my life for anything also this is a shit fucking argument

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
All cops are bad, dude.

That's poor logic, dude. I've encountered bad cops, I've encountered good cops. Do they have a serious systemic issue? Yes. Are there a LOT of bad cops? Yes. Are there good cops that do their absolute best every day to help people and make it home alive while and are good people? Yes.