• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To add to what I already said in the thread earlier, viruses that are extremely deadly that can kill you extremely quickly tend to moderate itself over time. The virus wants as many hosts as possible so letting you live longer will naturally evolutionary select for those traits. This also gives your body ample time to develop immunity to it over time to exploit this and/or for us to develop vaccines and treatments.

Remember that we can control even HIV now. Those kinds of viruses that let you live for a couple of years before showing damage are more dangerous, IMO since you have more chances to infect other people.
Spread that FUD, son.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wow someone I know just quit their job and sold all their stuff to move to japan and just before leaving became hospitalized for pneumonia. This makes his situation even more complicated :/

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What lovely news to read as I have been getting progressively sicker since bar hopping in Sydney on Friday.
Very minor so far, but the minor fever/headache and body weakness carries that "I'm gonna wreck this mans whole career after the sun goes down" feeling.

Nausea on the weekend (attributed to hangover)
Nausea subsided on Monday, replaced with lump in throat.
Throat better today, but now feel feverish, getting slightly worse over the day

Probably just the flu.

Dude. You have to calm down like with your other thread. You have nothing for sure or as you said the flu. It's not even in Australia at all.

I'm going to Japan in 2 weeks. Any precaution I need to know? Food to avoid? Wear mask? Etc?

Nothing at all.

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
i love all the people saying they're going to Japan in March/April because that's when I'm going to

let's all get sick together

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
i love all the people saying they're going to Japan in March/April because that's when I'm going to

let's all get sick together

ERA in May
498093127.jpg

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Banned
Feb 25, 2018
Don'T worry, climate change and that new virus probably won't kill anyone here because most will already be dead from anxiety and stress.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you're all scared of a common cold virus?

I get exposed to corona virus almost every week when I worked in the ER.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So you're all scared of a common cold virus?

I get exposed to corona virus almost every week when I worked in the ER.
Well congratulation to you, but you know your immune system is stronger than us mere mortals who aren't surrounded by virus/sick people every week

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
My friends cancelled their flight today. They've been planning to go in Thailand since last year.

Oct 28, 2017
Where does this news come from that it's already in Japan? I only ever read China...

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. One case so far.

Mar 26, 2018
While the impact of fluvaries, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year
. CDC estimates that
influenza
has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000
deaths annually since 2010.

You are just as likely to die on a plane as you are this virus. Until its obviously worse or something more.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why aren't people panicking over the recent Ebola outbreak which has killed thousands instead of a handful?

Or has Ebola spent it's newsworthiness already?

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Yeah, we're talking hundreds of millions of people transit right here.

They still need to up their game with the prevention over there though, a lot of people in China actually don't care to protect themselves/the others, or minimize the impact of the virus at the moment.

konka

Oct 25, 2017
Who could forget 2014 when Ebola was gonna become a global pandemic.

The panic the internet creates is wild. People cancelling trips over something with less than 500 reported cases in a country of well over a billion

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
I'm another due to travel to Japan in March/April, as an asthmatic I'm screwed if this becomes a big outbreak.

For now though I don't think there's been any human to human cases, all direct from animals, so it should be fine unless it mutates.

Aug 26, 2019
Calm down people

the ones who have died all had underlying conditions, this Virus is much more widespread that being reported as its symptoms vary wildly

if you are fit and healthy you have nothing to fear except overreaction
Then we should be concerned for the elderly, and immune-compromised. This can't just be shrugged off because you're "fit and healthy." People need to practice better hygiene so they don't get others sick, because you don't know how it can affect them.

electricblue

Oct 27, 2017
Why aren't people panicking over the recent Ebola outbreak which has killed thousands instead of a handful?

Or has Ebola spent it's newsworthiness already?

Ebola effects are horrific but its kinda shitty at being a virus. You really need to get airborne (and not show symptoms, kill people so quickly) if you want people to panic

Status
Not open for further replies.