• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation

I'm here in Thailand seriously considering hopping back on a plane to the states tomorrow. Any other people here traveling in Asia? My family are telling me you return home ASAP.

Apparently if you have a severe strain your lungs can collapse at higher altitudes when on a plane.
Don't bring it over here, you can die over there thank you very much.

stay safe OP

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
What lovely news to read as I have been getting progressively sicker since bar hopping in Sydney on Friday.
Very minor so far, but the minor fever/headache and body weakness carries that "I'm gonna wreck this mans whole career after the sun goes down" feeling.

Nausea on the weekend (attributed to hangover)
Nausea subsided on Monday, replaced with lump in throat.
Throat better today, but now feel feverish, getting slightly worse over the day

Probably just the flu.

Last edited:

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Its going to spread around since people are moving all over the globe with ease, hopefully this is being met with the severity it deserves

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm here in Thailand seriously considering hopping back on a plane to the states tomorrow. Any other people here traveling in Asia? My family are telling me you return home ASAP.

Apparently if you have a severe strain your lungs can collapse at higher altitudes when on a plane.
I live here in Thailand. Pray for me

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Heading back to china on feb 4. Call me naive (I'm sure I am) but I'm not worried. Youngish still, healthy, been through sars and swine and everything else unscathed, should be alright. Also will be heading to the laos/china border and as far as I'm aware it hasn't made it down that direction yet. Maybe I'll be the one to bring it in while I transfer flights in Beijing 😅

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Japan had 1 case confirmed so far (and that person is fine and out of hospital iirc), so "spreading" might be saying a bit much.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Inflammatory Commentary
Damn. I booked trip to Japan too soon. Should have waited as people start to panic when couple of persons die in region with billions of people and cancel their trips. Cheaper flights for me.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Japan had 1 case confirmed so far (and that person is fine and out of hospital iirc), so "spreading" might be saying a bit much.

On top of it the most recent person to die was 89. I don't think the average Era poster has much to worry about. 4 deaths out of 1700 is nothing.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
On top of it the most recent person to die was 89. I don't think the average Era poster has much to worry about. 4 deaths out of 1700 is nothing.
It's not nothing but the hysteria is massively overblown. I saw a guy in HK Airport being wheeled out on a stretcher yesterday and a couple of tourists were freaking out because it was Corona virus when actually he wa a just drunk and fell down the escalator and broke his leg.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
We get a lot of Asian tourists, mostly Chinese, in this very tightly packed small town we live in.

My wife is at home sick right now. I'm a little worried to be honest. Hopefully she just caught cold or whatever.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Even during a medical emergency there is someone on the plane who felt the need to stand up, open the overhead and rummage their things.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017

I just find panic and hysteria in these situations ridiculous. It's like million times more likely to get any other serious illness on your trip (or accident) than this flu and yet people start to cancel their trips based on this. Sure if it becomes real pandemic with tens of millions of infected the situation changes.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
People gets hysteria too easily.
This is not SARS, it is much milder.
And considering we already know what it is, neighboring countries should already be prepared for it.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just landed in Japan 30 minutes ago...

fb0.jpg

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I feel like we're living in a game of Sim City and someone is entering all the disaster cheat codes at once.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Ya'all need to chill. It's just media playing on fear as usual. This is nothing unusually scary.

Enjoy ya'all trips :) You won't die. Probably

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Yeah, better go now than after I guess? Anyway I'll be there in a few days so wish me luck I hope I won't be Europe patient zero on my way back

Status
Not open for further replies.