• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I saw some video online that the president was encouraging people to hug.

This was in Mexico. I don't think they have taken this shit seriously over there.

Going to mexico to escape corona is probably a terrible idea.

Vctor182

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
glad local mexican cities are doing their own thing but let me remind you that the mexican president is probably just as bas as trump when it comes to covid 19. he is fullstop burying his head in the sand and will end up causing many needless deaths because of it.
I'm angry that AMLO is trying to 1-up Trump in stupidity

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
2ptakm.png

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
I'm angry that AMLO is trying to 1-up Trump in stupidity
Actually the OMS congratulated the federal Mexican government on the meassures they have taken so far, so I don't know what are you talking about, the Secretary of Health actually started talking about the contingency plan all the way back to January.... So I don't know what about this 1up Trump in stupidity comes from...

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017

This was in Mexico. I don't think they have taken this shit seriously over there.

I am sure the protesters here in Northern Mexico also have like minded protesters in Mexico City as well.

Girder_Shade

Banned
Sep 22, 2019
I'm sure these hit pieces are largely exaggerated for clicks. How many Americans are likely crossing into Mexico right now?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure these hit pieces are largely exaggerated for clicks. How many Americans are likely crossing into Mexico right now?
People were rushing over to get toilet paper and bottles of water not that long ago. As some things are still hard to find since not every area has recovered from the panic buying, I'm sure some still are.

Not to mention people looking to stock up on cheap medicine.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, so this is how Mexico pays for the wall? He had it planned all along! 4th dimensional chess indeed!

/s

javiBear

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if, since the corona stuff started in the US, Mexico has had daily news stories about a 'caravan' of gringos coming to the border 😂

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
1- I thought the northern and southern borders were already closed to nonessential travel?
2-Hah! Tables turned etc.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017

Some states started (on their own) a non-forced quarantine several days ago, and part of the population are actually taking the social distancing seriously.

But the main problem is not just that another portion is essentially downplaying the problem, but also that the Government are not doing aggressive testing (although starting today, the criteria is being expanded a bit) and of course, there isn't nowhere nearly enough equipment and facilities to handle this.

So really, unless the ongoing hardcore temperatures has a noticeable impact, this is going to get ugly.
We just won't know, until is too late.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MAGA people on Twitter : oh now they want a wall?

Yes, the sentiments from both sides are completely the same regarding the wall /s

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Some states started (on their own) a non-forced quarantine several days ago, and part of the population are actually taking the social distancing seriously.

But the main problem is not just that another portion is essentially downplaying the problem, but also that the Government are not doing aggressive testing (although starting today, the criteria is being expanded a bit) and of course, there isn't nowhere nearly enough equipment and facilities to handle this.

So really, unless the ongoing hardcore temperatures has a noticeable impact, this is going to get ugly.
We just won't know, until is too late.
Fuck man, I fear Mexico will be where Italy is at now in a month.