• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Sep 14, 2019
Ugh... I can already picture Meghan McCain talking about this on The View. "When we want to close the borders, it's racist, but when they want to, it's justifiable? The Left blah blah blah..."

Different circumstances.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As cute of a reversal of turns as this is, it really, really sucks to see how far our relationship with Mexico has fallen in just 3 1/2 years. It already had been kinda shitty for a long time, but I'm pretty sure relationships between these two countries will be ruined for a generation thanks to Trump.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
He is going to come to my city next week, it's gonna be packed with people wanting to be near him

Note to self: Get some groceries this weekend, so when AMLO comes, I will be deep in my bunker

Fuck man, I fear Mexico will be where Italy is at now in a month.

This is actually the current fear. The amount of people diagnosed with COVID-19 is slightly higher than Italy at this point in their timeline.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
In a conference he showed some religious stickers, as he called them 'his protection artifacts':
Oh look, so you can't make jokes now, haha I don't like very much the way he comunicates a lot of his thoughts but he isn't the one administrating the contingency in this case, its the Health Department of the State, that are actually giving daily feedback on the matter and as I have said before, the OMS and the OPS both institutions backed the way it has been handled so far...soo I will believe them more than whatever bs you want to spread.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Oh look, so you can't make jokes now, haha I don't like very much the way he comunicates a lot of his thoughts but he isn't the one administrating the contingency in this case, its the Health Department of the State, that are actually giving daily feedback on the matter and as I have said before, the OMS and the OPS both institutions backed the way it has been handled so far...soo I will believe them more than whatever bs you want to spread.
"jokes", sure buddy

Keep defending him while he insisted that everybody go out when every institution said that we should be careful

And watch his damn visit the next weekend being packed with people because he doesn't give a fuck

There is nothing bad in admitting that he is handling the situation wrong

This is the same level of denial of a Trump supporter saying that he has handled the situation perfectly when he called it a hoax at the beginning

Tlaloc

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last I read Mexico wasn't doing a whole lot to combat covid is that still the case or is government still saying it's a hoax? Either way all these people out there trying to block traffic are putting themselves and others in danger of contracting the virus themselves. Infect yourself to own the Americans I guess.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah, that nytimes video of the Mexican response kind of shocked me more than anything. Like if the US does get a handle on it due to social distancing, we may need to close the border for non racist reasons.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
"jokes", sure buddy

Keep defending him while he insisted that everybody go out when every institution said that we should be careful

And watch his damn visit the next weekend being packed with people because he doesn't give a fuck

There is nothing bad in admitting that he is handling the situation wrong

This is the same level of denial of a Trump supporter saying that he has handled the situation perfectly when he called it a hoax at the beginning

Yes it was a joke, I have watched the full video in context, those amulets were given to him by the people whom attend his speeches, he clarified that the ones that he trust the most is the people, the scientists at the helm and the millions of medical staff that make up the health sector (and expose themselves the most). I don't agree with everything he has said, I don't agree with every measure if that's what you want me to say, but he is committed to let the experts in the field to tackle this epidemic in the best way possible, considering the socioeconomic restrictions that make a massive curfew impossible and enforcing as many seem to suggest would cause massive social unrest.

So yeah, comparing him to Trumpo is very much disingenuous, because the Secretariat of Health issued a Preparation and Response Plan that was made by the National Committee for Health Safety, composed by different health entities aimed to anticipate the imminent arrival of the pandemic, and all of that was since January.

So no, they haven't treated this shit as a Hoax and saying so is an insult to all the hard work that has been put into facing the current crisis.
I agree AMLO and his hothead tried to downplay it from the beginning, but fortunately he let the correct people take charge of the situation, that doesn't mean they will magically make up for all the medical deficiencies (infrastructure and personal) of which this country suffers from that impair the ability to act in time.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Yes it was a joke, I have watched the full video in context, those amulets were given to him by the people whom attend his speeches, he clarified that the ones that he trust the most is the people, the scientists at the helm and the millions of medical staff that make up the health sector (and expose themselves the most). I don't agree with everything he has said, I don't agree with every measure if that's what you want me to say, but he is committed to let the experts in the field to tackle this epidemic in the best way possible, considering the socioeconomic restrictions that make a massive curfew impossible and enforcing as many seem to suggest would cause massive social unrest.

So yeah, comparing him to Trumpo is very much disingenuous, because the Secretariat of Health issued a Preparation and Response Plan that was made by the National Committee for Health Safety, composed by different health entities aimed to anticipate the imminent arrival of the pandemic, and all of that was since January.

So no, they haven't treated this shit as a Hoax and saying so is an insult to all the hard work that has been put into facing the current crisis.
I agree AMLO and his hothead tried to downplay it from the beginning, but fortunately he let the correct people take charge of the situation, that doesn't mean they will magically make up for all the medical deficiencies (infrastructure and personal) of which this country suffers from that impair the ability to act in time.
Just stop.

They are reporting 70+ deaths in Toluca as an atypical pneumonia case.

www.vanguardiaveracruz.mx

📹 (Video de la entrevista) Disfrazan de neumonía las muertes por coronavirus: aseguran funerarias

¿Quieres compartir esta nota?Toluca, Edomex.- Los trabajadores de funerarias sospechan que hay más muertes por coronavirus que las que se están reportando oficialmente, ya que en la última semana hubo 70 fallecimientos por neumonía en Toluca y la región. Ante esto, exigen la verdad a las...

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Just stop.

They are reporting 70+ deaths in Toluca as an atypical pneumonia case.

www.vanguardiaveracruz.mx

📹 (Video de la entrevista) Disfrazan de neumonía las muertes por coronavirus: aseguran funerarias

¿Quieres compartir esta nota?Toluca, Edomex.- Los trabajadores de funerarias sospechan que hay más muertes por coronavirus que las que se están reportando oficialmente, ya que en la última semana hubo 70 fallecimientos por neumonía en Toluca y la región. Ante esto, exigen la verdad a las...
Nice source you got there, it doesn't even have any information on who or what funeraries are reporting it....I will believe the credentials of the OMS and not a known clown such as yourself (The guy who called a teen suicide "weak" because you have it worse as a "Mexican)
thank you very much... https://www.milenio.com/ciencia-y-salud/mexico-paso-europa-pandemia-covid-19-oms

Oct 25, 2017
México

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Están trayendo enfermedades. Están trayendo virus. Y algunos, supongo, son buenas personas.

Sorry. I used Google Translate.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Están trayendo enfermedades. Están trayendo virus. Y algunos, supongo, son buenas personas.

Sorry. I used Google Translate.
The grammar was perfect there.

Google Translate has improved a lot in the last couple of years. It doesn't translate things literally anymore; it actually translates with correct grammar now.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
The grammar was perfect there.

Google Translate has improved a lot in the last couple of years. It doesn't translate things literally anymore; it actually translates with correct grammar now.
Yay! I wonder if this one passes muster too:

Estoy pidiendo un cierre completo de los estadounidenses que ingresan a nuestro país hasta que descubramos qué demonios está pasando.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
So this is how Trump will finally get Mexico to pay for the wall.
Well I'll be damned, this IS some four dimensional chess.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.eldiariodechihuahua.mx/...-cerrar-frontera-con-eu-20200327-1645261.html

Welp.

Saying the coronavirus is entering Mexico through the United States, Governors Jaime Rodríguez, from Nuevo León; Miguel Riquelme, from Coahuila; and Francisco García Cabeza de Vaca, from Tamaulipas, urged the Federation to analyze the closure of the border with that country.

"It is important that we make a policy all together," Rodríguez said at a joint press conference. "The highest degree of transmission is from a neighbor, and we do not have the authority to close the border." The Tamaulipas governor clarified that it is not proposed to close the border to trade, but to the crossing of people. He warned that the virus is spreading rapidly in the United States, and action needs to be taken.
Quick google translate, since I'm at work, but wow, the translator actually does a better job than I would, so there you go haha.