• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
this was known for a while, even the article is old, and, as far as i know, there hasnt been any other confirmed cases like this.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
"Once you have the infection, it could remain dormant with minimal symptoms," Philip Tierno Jr., professor of microbiology and pathology at New York University, told Reuters.

"And then you can get an exacerbation if it finds its way into the lungs," he said

So she wasn't reinfected, just went dormant for a bit.

also old news. A mod should consider closing so we don't cause more panic.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't reinfection. It's reactivation of dormant virus that's already infected a host.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
I think since the virus is so new that despite showing signs of recovery the person was not fully recovered and just pushed her body too hard allowing it to reemerge.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely a subject area I'm waiting for more science to come out on because people can also rarely get something like Chicken Pox twice for a few reasons including having too mild of a case to begin with.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
Published on Feb 27, 2020

This is old news.
I thought they said once you get it you can't get again..
Nobody said that. We know nothing about the virus. Except that it ends up being either mild or deadly.

As it has not been researched long enough you can only say someone recovered clinically, which means nothing.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely a subject area I'm waiting for more science to come out on because people can also rarely get something like Chicken Pox twice for a few reasons including having too mild of a case to begin with.
Thats different. In chicken pox you can get each strain only once.

while we have different corona strains, it could also be that corona itself can be caught repeatedly, its sleeping virus like herpes or simply didnt recover fully and just went into recovery modus.

Status
Not open for further replies.