• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 24, 2019
twitter.com

Cory Balrog 🖖 on Twitter

“@Derrick86583723 It’s part of the world, yes.”

Tweet here. Unlikely that Kratos will ever come face to face with Jesus, but interesting to know they both exist in the same world lol.

Lock if there's already a thread on this, couldn't find one.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
3 boss fights against Jesus, each time he resurrects himself. It'll be the Dante vs Vergil of the next generation.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Wasn't Kratos supposed to be one of the three wise men?

Edit: Found it!

According to David Jaffe, the Three Wise Men were meant to be Kratos, his Norse and Egyptian counterparts, after they had wiped out the Olympians, the Gods of Asgard and the Egyptian Pantheon in what was supposed to be his original vision for God of War 3.

www.youtube.com

Interview w/ David Jaffe, Creator of God of War & Drawn To Death

David Jaffe was kind enough to let me pick at his brain in this exclusive pre-pax interview. He even spills the beans on what was SUPPOSED to go down in God ...

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
814155141_3dnYd-L.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
jesus don't want these hands but i would want to decapitate em in a game

also why wouldn't a monotheism religion exist when they came out of as replacements of the polytheism ones

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the
Thor ending
of GoW 2018 but it's just Jesus instead

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna finally learn what a holy spirit is and then ima stump its fucking head in.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean didn't they heavily hint that the random old dude Kratos met in the first game was actually God? This isn't surprising.
Whaaaaat. I wonder if there's a clip of that.

I'm sure if all the gods are in the GoW universe then Jesus is too but isn't actually portrayed for obvious reasons.
The "Random old dude" was Zeus disguised as a normal man, Typical Zeus shenanigans.
However, when you reach Pandora's box there are murals on the wall depiction the birth of Christ and it's stated that they are from the future. Right from the get go the series had a theme of Kratos destroying the old order which would probably lead to a new one.

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus was a pacifist. I can't see anything gained out of watching Kratos beat the shit out of a guy who won't fight back. Now, if we're talking one of interpretations with the seven generals/princess of Hell and archangels, that could be dope

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus was a pacifist. I can't see anything gained out of watching Kratos beat the shit out of a guy who won't fight back. Now, if we're talking one of interpretations with the seven generals/princess of Hell and archangels, that could be dope
Really, Jesus would just be an important NPC who helps Kratos in the story or whatever.

Now Old Testament god...

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the only way a christian GoW wouldnt be super boring is if they borrowed heavily from no canon texts and things like dantes inferno/ paradise lost and at that point i dont see how it would be more offensive than something like shin megami tensei

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"Let he who is without sin throw the first stone.."

*Jesus throws a boulder at Kratos as Yakuza boss music plays*