• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Cory now streaming game development exclusively on Mixer. Guess he wanted that retirement money and slowly fade into the background.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
There's no way they'll hand over GoW to someone else at this point. They learned that from GoW: Ascension, I hope....

I remember when GoW 2018 came out, Cory had an interview with Daily Star where he said that next he will be working on a new IP for Sony, but that has the story for GoW mapped out in his head, as in, he knows where it will go next (he did say that even if he's not directing the next one, the story will pretty much be his vision/what he had in mind).

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess his new ip Idea got greenlit. Good for him! I wonder if he will do this under SSM or build a new studio.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
He did visit bungie last year 🙃

DuV1m0fU0AE0FUY

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Clearly its a hype new game announcement and not him just fucking with people, no way he would do that.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
He's probably in Death Stranding (like Hermen Hulst for example).

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be very weird to tease your departure, but I've seen weirder things. Cory brought back GoW to the right track and I want to see what he can do with a new ip.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be like one of those over-the-top E3 prediction threads where people go up on stage, announce some dream games and people spontaneously combust while crying tears of joy.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
He is either leaving twitter (for now) to focus on his new IP or it's a tease about his new IP.

Mar 23, 2018
He's going to start Boi Productions and announce development for a sicrit game (rumored as Deity of Conflict).

Now, give him that carte blanche, PlayStation :p

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
The vibe I get from his twitter is that he's ending the latest chapter of his career and going somewhere far away. I mean his banner is a bunch of galaxies, his avatar is a satellite, his bio doesn't really say anything, although it infers what the banner/avatar is about at least.

Also he recently posted pictures of PS4 and Xbox One controllers, a Switch and a PC so maybe he's going to some third party developer/project?

Recall that he said GOW on PC is above his pay grade basically, and was pretty straightforward and transparent about that. He also said in light of discussions around Death Stranding that he's hopeful for the industry's future and that he's proud to create. And he said something about charting your own path.

So it's just kind of mysterious. Something big is going on, whether it's inside or outside of SIE is the key question.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
From Cory Barlog's GDC 2019 presentation back in March: https://youtu.be/aIb-Lt7WX_s?t=308

9Fl3Gofl.jpg

Cory Barlog said:
"This next image was not actually in the original presentation. I would just do a verbal description of this, but I added it in, so there's a couple of images I had to switch out to make this thing work. But I would talk about was the idea that all the mythologies of the world are kind of like this Hubble telescope image. They are like galaxies individually spread out throughout a complete universe, and the world is the universe, and all the mythologies are sort of origin stories of various cultures throughout the world beginning at the beginning of time and stretching all the way out so at any given time all the mythologies exist together concurrently, and they are simply separated by geography. So it was important because some people had the conception that 'hey, Kratos at the end of God of War III destroyed the world!' Well he destroyed what they believed the world was in Greece, which was their world. Everybody believed their world was the only world, in fact we still believe that today."