• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017

I always love when developers are able to recognise other developers or companies successes.

I personally don´t plan to buy this port because I spent good hours on the PC version.

But, if you are playing it, what are your thoughts on it? Is it really that impressive?

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
God Of War Switch port incoming?
thinking-face_1f914.png

the only sane thing to deduce from this, really

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Cory Barlog seems to be such a passionate guy. His enthousiasm is an example to follow rather than the console war bullshit that is still present too much.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
talent recognizing talent, love to see it.

and here we have people who say it shouldn't exist in the first place, smh.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Insane technical achievement, even after 250 hours on the PC. To have such a massive game on the go is so amazing. I think portable mode is definitely where it shines, I don't really dock my Switch to a set. So on smaller screen with some of the technical limitations, it legit feels like magic.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
" I'm available for all your naming and marketing needs"

I wonder if he can do something with that generic title of God of War. Hmm..

Also, yes, TW3 on Switch is unbelievable. It's unexpected and I thought this can never be done.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Always cool to see developers appreciate the work of others.

---

"I mean, I know that it's no 4K UHD game like my PS4 counterpart"

Ehm... yeah...

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
my feelings exactly. I have completed the game before, so I am leaving it for later...but from what I have played on Switch, it is a great achievement.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cory seems to be a cool dude. Seeing him make these statements cements that for me. Nice.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
With his skill at naming, I now understand why the new GoW was called "God of War"

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Delighted to see such passionate and sincere comments on the port. I think a large part of the Era community needs to learn from him.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
well yeah a developer will have some real world perspective instead of being an angry console warrior and will be able to appreciate the technical achievement.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile this guy had nothing to do with that...
What point do you think you're making?

The point is not Balrog, the point is here Sony not treating its handheld like it should have been treated. He could have been playing his own God of War game on a next gen handheld similar to The Witcher 3 on Switch if Sony cared enough. Vita has to be worst wasting of a potential ever in the gaming history.

They are so far from the worst on Vita.

You're right, there are some really bad ports for Vita but GoW collection is certainly not excusable. Way below native resolution, framerate dips that didn't existed on any versions of the game, stupid bugs exclusive to Vita (like flying minotaurs), broken trophies...

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War 4 would be perfect for the Switch.
#Kratosforsmash

Am I doing this right?

Jokes aside, it is a pretty impressive port.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If you follow him on Twitter you'd know he absolutely adores his Switch, so this doesn't surprise me. This thread already having a few devoted fans already making weird posts doesn't surprise me either, y'all could learn a bit from Cory.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Agreed.
That's pretty cool he feels that way. Sad that we were flooded with "it should not exist" "nobody should play it like this" takes around here and the net in general.
Maybe with that God of War money, he can buy a new pair of glasses.

He could. Too bad for ya new brains ain't that easy to come buy 🤷‍♂️

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It would have been interesting to see if Sony would have attempted to port some of their prestige titles down to a handheld. VIta/PS3 shared a few games(like PSABR) but would have been cool to see some of the bigger games, and especially when it came to PS4/a hypothetical PSP3.