• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
OMG I did not know this!
Also, I see this is not in the US Eshop Top 30 or whatever on my Switch and that is just absurd to me. So,

If you love Chrono Trigger
If you love Sci-Fi
If you love planet hopping in your spare time

If you love or may be interested in Werezompires
If you love deep combat that is truly unique
If you love 16-bit OMFG soundtracks (can't overstate my love of the soundtrack)
If you love a large diverse cast of characters each with unique abilities
If you want an RPG that takes 12-25 hours instead of 100+ but is all action NO FILLER

If you want to support further rpgs from Zeboyd games
If you have a pulse, ~$15, and want rpg portable goodness

PLEASE BUY COSMIC STAR HEROINE!!!!!!

:)
Annnnnnd bought.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
This is a phenomenal game.

Battle system is easily one of the best I've seen in a long time, and that includes AAA releases. Story and setting are very neat as well.

I played a few hours on PS4, tried it a bit on Vita, and when I found a Switch version was coming decided to wait for that. Happy it's here

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got it preloaded on Switch.

Can't get over how goofy the mc looks on her battle portrait.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Werezompire, is there any differences between the vita and switch version? Any noticeable differences in fps or new content or pretty much the same?

bstiernberg

Oct 30, 2017
Werezompire, is there any differences between the vita and switch version? Any noticeable differences in fps or new content or pretty much the same?

SinCityAssassin covered it. Some extra bug fixes, but the game performs at a solid 60 frames per second and has very short load times on Switch. We're proud of the Vita version (Still a great handheld to play this!), but some areas can get a bit less smooth frame-rate-wise, and have longer load times than the snappy/fast ones on Switch. There's the alt control option for Switch too but the content is all the same.

ragincajun77

Aug 13, 2018
I also got this back when it came to the Vita and what a gem of a game it is. Will probably double-dip on this one. I do hope the developer makes some money porting this to switch as I seem to recall him posting that they barely broke even with the initial release due to a problem with reviews not being posted.

bstiernberg

Oct 30, 2017
We actually had a not-ideal launch on PS4 and Steam because it came out with enough bugs that it sort of set the tone. It's a very solid game now, def worth checking out on any of the platforms, IMO. The lesson we learned was to ensure that the game is content complete several month before release so there's time to test, report, and fix, and polish. Would help to get more testers but even with a lot of awesome testers, there still needs time to find/fix/polish stuff before release.

Doing the game on PS4 and Vita was great though. Sony was incredible to work with and did a lot for us to help get it out there. I'm still extremely grateful for that.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Pre-ordered despite telling myself I can't start it until I finish Octopath. I feel like I've waited this long, what's another few weeks?

ragincajun77

Aug 13, 2018
We actually had a not-ideal launch on PS4 and Steam because it came out with enough bugs that it sort of set the tone. It's a very solid game now, def worth checking out on any of the platforms, IMO. The lesson we learned was to ensure that the game is content complete several month before release so there's time to test, report, and fix, and polish. Would help to get more testers but even with a lot of awesome testers, there still needs time to find/fix/polish stuff before release.

Doing the game on PS4 and Vita was great though. Sony was incredible to work with and did a lot for us to help get it out there. I'm still extremely grateful for that.

It was an incredible game despite any bugs. The only one I can recall had something to do with reading the text of NPC's and the like. Regardless, very glad it came out on Switch and would love to see a follow-up to this game one day.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Ok I have to come in here and say, regarding Cosmic Star Heroine's soundtrack....HOLD ME JESUS!!

Couple things:

-When taking off on 2nd mission of the game. the music REALLY reminds me of Mass Effect 1 Galaxy Map. so.damn.incredible

-Boss battle music is its ummm I am speechless. Music in the 2nd mission overworld is orgasmic.

I swear you all dug into my subconscious, found every damn button i have for game music, and pressed all of them at once. Soundtrack is seriously almost a classic for me it's just that phenomenal.

Otherwise, yep the game is still amazing. Character portraits and sone of the quips characters make remind me dearly of Lunar 1 and 2. Just classy/classic. It's a retro rpg overload for my brain, this game.

It's magical, and I'm sure you guys are proud of it and I know it nearly killed y'all but damn was it worth it.

P.S. I will stop freaking out soon, promise. Game is just that good for me. Warm comforting nostalgia with new awesome things mixed in (god tier battle system). I am not associated with Zeboyd at all I'm just going crazy from their game (again!!!)

PPPS: Performance handheld is 100% rock solid. Game is gorgeous on the Switch Screen, load times are super fast, movement is butter smooth. Great job!

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Have played a little bit now. The music is incredible and really drives this game forward!

I preloaded this game and my switch still isn't letting me play it. I would like answers

Try to redownload it or check for patches manually with the + on the icon, to see if that might solve it.

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Have there been any balance changes since the PC version? Some of the characters/setups where borderline broken in how good they were.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Keep us updated regarding sales. Game deserves sucess.

Since LRG announced this in the AMA, I feel it's safe to post here as well. Game sold about 1.5k in preorders on Switch. People usually don't preorder indie games so I'm taking that as a promising sign that the launch & beyond sales will be strong.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
OMG I did not know this!
Also, I see this is not in the US Eshop Top 30 or whatever on my Switch and that is just absurd to me. So,

If you love Sci-Fi
If you want an RPG that takes 12-25 hours instead of 100+ but is all action NO FILLER

It's creepy how you sold me on the game with this post...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, was looking for a game after Hollow Knight and not sure I want another metroidvania just yet with Dead Cells or Guacamelee 2!. Also afraid to dip into the big Octopath Traveler game so this might be right up my alley.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, announcing the physical version this far out was probably a mistake. People would've just bought digitally if they didn't know physical was coming.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, announcing the physical version this far out was probably a mistake. People would've just bought digitally if they didn't know physical was coming.

Limited Run Games did the port AND did physical releases for Vita & PS4 so it's not like we could have hidden it. And the fact that the physical release is so far out means that a lot of people won't want to wait and will just buy the digital version instead (or will buy digital & physical). I'm not worried.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
how is the cast? looking for a nice ensemble story

OK i am interested

It's a really fun cast of characters. The game is action packed and stakes always run high but party members keep things light and make lots of jokes it's really fun and reminds me of the simpler days of the 90s where games didn't take themselves as seriously. The cast is around a dozen some later ones don't get a ton of characterization. (but still some), but the core cast from the beginning are well developed for the game they are in.

bstiernberg

Oct 30, 2017

That may be true, but I'd rather just let people know so that anyone who only wants to buy this once for physical will know in advance. If they are eager enough to play it now instead of waiting, they are always welcome to get it digitally for a fair price.

Have there been any balance changes since the PC version? Some of the characters/setups where borderline broken in how good they were.

Depending on when you played it on PC, there have been some balance changes/tweaks (especially with respect to what you could do with Dave towards the end). But if you found a really powerful setup it's still gonna be powerful.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
OMG I did not know this!

If you love Sci-Fi

This is a damn good post. Put it on the back of the box.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Will double-dip. Anything indie on the PC that I want to play that comes to the Switch will get bought.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Busy day today and haven't got a chance to fire it up yet, but can't wait to get home tonight and get lost in it.

For now, my family wants to go see The Meg... pray for me...

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Enjoying this game. No random battles is great, fights are fun on higher difficulty, music is good and I like the humour :)

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Replaying to get caught up where I was on the ps4 version. Just got to chapter 3, currently on agent difficulty even though I recall bumping it up to hard on the ps4. Want to get a full party and full set of abilities before going back up to hard.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If you're on Twitter and want to spread the word, I posted something. 30k+ impressions so far. Crossing my fingers that a Nintendo account retweets it although that's a long shot.

Also, the AMA is done and can be read here.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Grabbed my copy, neat little 5% discount too.

Also you guys are the first entry on the eShop for Recent Releases, right at the top, maybe that will help!

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
The thing I'm loving the most about the game is the sprites, I'm such a nostalgic person.. &_& I really miss amazing sprites and their animations, 3D won't ever replicate this feeling to me.
also, that 90s sci-fi and music is really great.