• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, this game is super fun.

More people should be buying/playing it. It's $15 for fuck's same, just buy it!

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thats right my copy should be unlocked now, perhaps I will start after wolfenstein 2 and okami

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
I adore everything about this game. It's exactly what I love and the kind of game I'd make if I went into development. Kudos to all.

I will say though that I'm curious why you'd name your dope cyberpunk crew regular names like Alyssa and Dave? It's just such a weird feeling, I guess because like those are my friends' names.

Rbz

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Since LRG announced this in the AMA, I feel it's safe to post here as well. Game sold about 1.5k in preorders on Switch. People usually don't preorder indie games so I'm taking that as a promising sign that the launch & beyond sales will be strong.

Awesome. I hope this sells crazy well. Bought it on launch day even though I won't be able to play for a few weeks to bolster launch stats.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I will say though that I'm curious why you'd name your dope cyberpunk crew regular names like Alyssa and Dave? It's just such a weird feeling, I guess because like those are my friends' names.

Alyssa is a Phantasy Star reference (the heroine of the 1st game is Alis & there's a main character in Phantasy Star 4 named Alys).
Dave is a 2001 reference.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Just played the first half hour and adored it. Can't wait to really dig in tomorrow.

I was getting some music hitched and stutters at the end of the tutorial mission though - I was playing docked. Admittedly I did have Rocket League updating in the background which may have contributed to the issue.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will be a long wait for the LRG Switch release to land in my hands. -_-

Game looks awesome, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Played for over an hour last night, some quick impressions:
  • The combat is fun but the best part is that it takes place on the map. It might sound like a minor thing but it is really makes a difference for me. Always disliked the transition to combat map.
  • The comedy has been good so far.
  • The soundtrack is pretty good.
  • I'm happy that the dialog doesn't have the weird indecipherable talking that many non voiced games do.
  • The second to last difficulty looks to be very manageable even though I'm not usually great at turn based combat.
  • Minor nitpicks: I often can't notice the rocks on the ground that halts my movement. There are areas in the level that I thought were part of the road but they were not.

Last edited:

Timeaisis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Didn't get a chance to get this last night, but I will be buying it today and playing through for a 3rd time. Hope sales are going well, Rob and Bill, you guys deserve it. I'm trying to spread the word best I can.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
One thing I really dislike about CSH is how many missable items there are so early in the game. Have to restart since I missed the hyperizer which is in one screen in the factory that you can't go back to once you leave it via a one way elevator.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Started tonight, certainly no time wasted getting right to things.

Fun so far, I like the combat mechanics and OST so far. Humor is good too.

Will be picking up and playing this one a bit here and there for the next month, seems good for a half hour to an hour every night. Started on the second to highest difficulty and have already wiped twice, but love the instant retry.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Can poison status kill a enemy (in specific a boss).
Seems at most it reduce its hp to 1 or am I wrong?

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Ah ah Dave is a beast early on.
He inflicted damage for 1200 on the boss of the abandoned lab (which had in total 1700 HP).

yeah i think it's there to prevent a game breaking bug that happen when the game got release...
Yeah, not knowing it that fucked up my strategy with the first boss.

Last edited:

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Sat down and played it last night for about 7 hours and having a great time so far. Love the feel of the battles. The pacing is excellent. Music is really grabbing my attention. The characters are all cool. The writing is pretty good, and I especially like all the flavour text from NPCs. Been running around making sure I talk to every NPC I see and reading everything because a lot of the text is really funny. I think my favorite so far was in the Nightshade club, the guy sitting at the bar.

"I ordered a milk.
I regret not specifying the species."

Probably gonna finish it up over the next few days. Really glad I picked this up. Thanks Zeboyd and LRG for bringing this to Switch!

It is a little annoying when I get snagged on some tiny rocks or other part of the environment, but it's happening less now so I guess I've adjusted to that. Got stuck once on some geometry and had to save my game and reload to get out. Also sometimes entering menus (seems to happen most often with the Abilities menu), I just get blank lists. Have to do some navigating and then back and and re-enter the menu to fix it. I can post a screenshot of that if it would help, but I don't know what causes it, so probably a bit useless there, sorry.

Oh and
For now, my family wants to go see The Meg... pray for me...
Better than expected. Went in expecting a big dumb shark movie, got a big dumb shark movie. Was reasonably fun.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Hour and a half in. Beat the second boss.

*Chef's kiss gif*

I like the chipper tone of the characters contrasted with the seriousness of the story/missions thus far. Keeps things light.
Banter is good too. Even the NPC dialogue is interesting, which is pretty rare.
Heroine difficulty seems to be the sweet spot for me. Just challenging enough to keep me on my toes.
Combat system is great. I like the recharge/defend mechanic where you have to space out when you have to reload your abilities. The hyper meter helps with pacing, and the one-time use items are good for bailouts.
AV presentation is solid. Sprite work is great - I like look of the cutscenes as well. Music complements the atmosphere.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
Just to make sure, the physical edition hasn't gone up for pre-order on LRG website yet right? I saw a post earlier saying that it did but couldn't find it on the website (maybe I misunderstood the post)

bstiernberg

Oct 30, 2017
The Switch physical version won't go up for pre-order until early 2019.
The Vita and PS4 physical versions already went up a while ago, so that's passed. But Switch will happen later.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I played it a couple hours now and i have to say this is a charming game. I like the Charakters and the Soundtrack is really nice too

Will play some more over the weekend...cool game so far. Can recommend

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
Ah ah Dave is a beast early on.
He inflicted damage for 1200 on the boss of the abandoned lab (which had in total 1700 HP).

Yeah, not knowing it that fucked up my strategy with the first boss.
How did you get Dave to inflict that much damage? He has like one attack.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

bstiernberg

Oct 30, 2017
How often does the eShop best sellers list update?

Surely this must at least be on the list!?

I've been wondering (ok, obsessing over) that myself.

If you scroll to the bottom of the top sellers list, there's a note that says.. something along the lines of.. "This is a list of the most downloaded games over the past 2 weeks" or something. Which says to me that it's ranking them by sheer downloads (which explains why Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 outranks 1 all the time) and it's based on units and not revenue (because a lot of $1 or sub $1 games are ranking [good though they may be]).

So I have no idea. Does that mean a game that came out a day or two before has to be out-downloaded than ones that have been on the charts for 2 ish weeks or something? Honestly not sure.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Edit: Saw a review talk about battery life. They said they got over 4.5 hours on max brightness with WiFi turned on and got a little over 6 hours with brightness down & WiFi off. Good stuff. :)

Is the game selling well?

It's so early, it's hard to say exactly how well it is selling. My initial impression is that it looks like it's doing similarly to its performance on the PS4 and Steam which wasn't amazing but on the other hand getting 50% more sales compared to what we had before would certainly be a big help. However, this is just a guess on my part - if sales stay consistent over time or the game gets a visibility push from Nintendo or a popular gaming personality, I could see Switch becoming the best-selling platform. Plus there's also the Switch physical release from LRG to look forward to which will most likely be popular.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
It's so early, it's hard to say exactly how well it is selling. My initial impression is that it looks like it's doing similarly to its performance on the PS4 and Steam which wasn't amazing but on the other hand getting 50% more sales compared to what we had before would certainly be a big help. However, this is just a guess on my part - if sales stay consistent over time or the game gets a visibility push from Nintendo or a popular gaming personality, I could see Switch becoming the best-selling platform. Plus there's also the Switch physical release from LRG to look forward to which will most likely be popular.

I hope it sells well in the end. I love the streamlined RPG experience as well as the battle system. The music is also great. ^_^

Oct 26, 2017
You can listen to the soundtrack here: https://hyperduck.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-star-heroine-original-soundtrack

When talking to HyperDuck about the various songs we wanted, I gave them a lot of 90's anime references, along with various sci-fi films (like Aliens, Tron, Blade Runner), and miscellaneous RPG songs.

Thank you both and Zeboyd, best of luck to you and your team. I'm starting up the OST now

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the
mech boss post freedom plaza
fight. Loved how ridiculous it got.

Digging the Chrono references and influences. I think there's an Earthbound joke somewhere in there too.

Oct 26, 2017
Holy crap just finished chapter 2 and all I can say is that this is one of the best battle systems in a JRPG. There's so much strategy that you can do.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
I think I'll pick this up when I get home. Need to finish Octopath Traveler though!