• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jan 29, 2018
I ran into a bug in what I think is a late game boss fight. Boss spawns up to two other enemies, then later I lose the fight. I retry, but the two minions are still there though they're aren't target-able. Fight proceeds as normal until the boss spawns the second minion (even though the sprite was still there the whole time) then the UI/HUD is just gone.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I ran into two bugs both after coming from sleep mode. The first bug, the game got clipped with screen bars like it was in a cinematic. The second bug was no soundtrack. Both bugs were in chapter 6 and both got fixed by closing the game then loading a save.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
What's everybody's favorite combat abilities? Favorite character playstyles? Least favorite? Trying to decide what I should keep in the next game and what we should ditch.
Love the abilities that have to do anything with turns. Turn-manipulation, getting extra turns, giving your turn to another, etc., is what I enjoyed most. After that, the song and drone abilities were freakin' amazing. Being able to buff these abilities made for some fantastic outcomes and was really satisfying. Also keep the various buffs that stack with each other (Avatar, Cheat Codes, etc). Oh and I liked how Poison could be buffed.

Regarding stuff that I didn't like much... maybe Finn and that Detective guy, and whatever their abilities were can probably be improved? To be honest, I don't recall much of the stuff that I didn't like.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finished this a couple days ago and it's probably the second best game I've played this year after Hollow Knight. And if I were a bigger JRPG fan, it'd probably be my favorite game of the year. The fact that me, a more casual fan of the genre, loved it as much as I did says a lot about the quality of this title.

Jan 29, 2018
Finished this last night, clocking in a little over 13 hours. I missed at least one sidequests whose location I couldn't find. In fact I only did one sidequest for sure (the police station). I'm not sure if there are more.

Overall I really enjoyed it. There's no filler, so the pace always stays interesting. I would've liked to see guy he spaceship/recruitment stuff expanded but that would've compromised the "12 hour RPG" aspect which is part of what I found attractive in the first place.

If only the Switch eShop had gifting I would force this on some friends.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the bosses are way, way too hard. Super unfun. If I'm supposed to be using a different lineup that's bullshit, don't let me choose my characters then. Ugh.

Lowered difficulty to agent and still wiping every single time. Boss inflicts vulnerable that never goes away, then does a high damage attack that stuns as well, so I'm dead before I can even second chance heal.

Sooooo frustrating.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
On the ship I talked to Sue and he mentioned something about helping his son but I forget the exact location he mentioned and his dialogue doesn't repeat. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the bosses are way, way too hard. Super unfun. If I'm supposed to be using a different lineup that's bullshit, don't let me choose my characters then. Ugh.

Lowered difficulty to agent and still wiping every single time. Boss inflicts vulnerable that never goes away, then does a high damage attack that stuns as well, so I'm dead before I can even second chance heal.

Sooooo frustrating.

thing are brutal at the begining, feel like a freaking puzzle game, but thing get way easier later, to a point that became a cakewalk...

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
LttP here. Finished the first few areas. Love the graphics and setting. Music is ok but no tracks getting stuck in my head. Gameplay is a fun twist on RPGs. I never liked the name of the game though. It's like calling Crono Trigger "Time Fantasy Hero". I hope later the title becomes more interesting but so far it's cringe worthy. Another criticism is some really important moments take place in very mundane places, like the main characters bedroom.

Bottom line, I'm enjoying it. If it keeps this level of quality up I'll finish it. That said, it's more of a Chrono Trigger wanna be than Chrono Trigger like. The pacing needs work, and the characters and music are average and forgettable. Still enjoying the graphics and story in a very retro sort of way. If/when a sequel is made, lose the beret too please.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Just put my first 3 hours into this game and I'm really enjoying it! Aside from the story feeling a tad rushed, everything about it is great. I love the presentation as well. Hopefully things continue to get better as I play.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I finished this the other day.

Absolutely adored it. So little wasted time or filler.

There's going to be another one, right!?

THIS damn song has been replaying in my head since the day I first played the game, by the way:

So good.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, the first patch for the Switch version will be going up tomorrow! It may be different times depending on whether you got it from the North American eShop or Europe. Patch notes:

CSH Switch v1.0.1

Added version number to title screen
Fixed brief incorrect audio segment at the end of the initial load screen
Fixed soft-lock when choosing Game Over after losing certain battles
Re-added missing divider line in the System submenu
Fixed issue where the Ability menu occasionally emptied out
Fixed issue where collision would occasionally be non-functional after getting a Game Over and continuing
Fixed collision issues in numerous locations
Switching between scenes with scrolling backgrounds no longer occasionally shows the wrong background
Fixed issue where the controller applet would get stuck in a loop in certain conditions when undocking the console while playing with a wired controller

We intend to do one more patch to fix more obscure issues before the physical print early next year.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
What's Game of the Day?
It makes the game show up on the eShop's "discover" page.
Every day there are recommended game from Nintendo in discover section. There are also pretty random other categories and as I earlier pointed out this game was featured as "The Best of classic and modern RPGs!" and now it is there second time as a game of the day.

Tolkir copies the game from that section to the eShop thread every day, so the non-EU eShop users can see it as well.

Urfe

Oct 25, 2017
Has this game gone on sale yet on the eShop? Even 10% may get it on the Sales page, although there seems to be a bunch of games doing that so that there are now more games on sale than can make the main page.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Was the game's load times as noticeable on Switch/Steam? There's like a 3-5 second load time transition between rooms on Vita, and sometimes text stutters before appearing all at once.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Was the game's load times as noticeable on Switch/Steam? There's like a 3-5 second load time transition between rooms on Vita, and sometimes text stutters before appearing all at once.

Load times are better on the other systems. The Vita just isn't very powerful compared to the PS4, Switch, or your average PC, plus we were hard pressed to fit everything in the Vita's limited RAM so it loads & unloads more frequently than the game does on the other systems.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Load times are better on the other systems. The Vita just isn't very powerful compared to the PS4, Switch, or your average PC, plus we were hard pressed to fit everything in the Vita's limited RAM so it loads & unloads more frequently than the game does on the other systems.
Ah. Doesn't seem like it's that heavy a game, but I could be wrong...

I enjoy the combat, but I kind of miss how utterly broken Cthulhu's battle system could get with the ludicrous buffs/debuffs.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Ah. Doesn't seem like it's that heavy a game, but I could be wrong...

Unity adds a good bit of overhead, but the fact of the matter is that the Vita is about 7 years old at this point and trying to get a modern game (even a retro-inspired indie game that isn't pushing the tech envelope) to work in a couple hundred MBs of RAM can be challenging, especially given how many frames of animation some of the sprites we're using have.

I enjoy the combat, but I kind of miss how utterly broken Cthulhu's battle system could get with the ludicrous buffs/debuffs.

You can do crazy broken stuff in CSH by the end of the game if you know what you're doing.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered the game and the artbook. Really looking forward to the book and it will be nice to finally have a physical copy along with the digital ones.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I've encountered a lot of random stuttering text bugs throughout the game, like paragraphs will suddenly appear, skip to the end, or sometimes repeat.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, the first patch for the Switch version will be going up tomorrow! It may be different times depending on whether you got it from the North American eShop or Europe. Patch notes:

CSH Switch v1.0.1

Added version number to title screen
Fixed brief incorrect audio segment at the end of the initial load screen
Fixed soft-lock when choosing Game Over after losing certain battles
Re-added missing divider line in the System submenu
Fixed issue where the Ability menu occasionally emptied out
Fixed issue where collision would occasionally be non-functional after getting a Game Over and continuing
Fixed collision issues in numerous locations
Switching between scenes with scrolling backgrounds no longer occasionally shows the wrong background
Fixed issue where the controller applet would get stuck in a loop in certain conditions when undocking the console while playing with a wired controller

We intend to do one more patch to fix more obscure issues before the physical print early next year.

Hey there, can you confirm whether this patch made it into the CSH physical? I got a patch update from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 but wasn't sure if the versions were different between physical and digital. If it's not the same patch, what was fixed in the physical 1.0.1, and if it is, why wasn't this patch baked into the physical release?