• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
I am a huge fan of couch gaming and I often host gaming nights at my place to have couch gaming madness throughout the night.

We all know there are many 4 player games on PS4 and Xbox One, but it is the 8 player gamers that I love because trust me, when there are 8 people in the room and you play a match or a round, it really is madness, MADNESS. Love the fact that Xbox One and Nintendo Switch offers 8 player madness.

But it is harder to come across 8 player games and even more hard to come across FUN 8 player games.

So here are some 8 player games that I play with my friends once ever 3-4 months but the reason I made this thread so you guys can give inputs about games that you know and love which are super fun 6-8 player games - Hell even 4 player will do the job.

Knight Squad - 8 Players -

knight_squad_image.jpg

apps.8736.69019489075777328.76d71961-e725-4f6e-829a-5850d4770b21.4b4c4e0e-63f8-4a18-8724-9a0820cc3acf

One of the best 8 player games out there. It is INTENSE and we usually start the night with this game. Have tons of modes that lets you do Free For All, or even 4 v 4 and I believe 2 v 2 v 2 v 2. Great character selection and their names are awesome. Very colorful and very addictive

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

iDarb - 8 Players -

IDARB-Review-Xbox-One-473404-2.jpg

idarb.jpg

Great 8 player game - It gets hectic with this game as you need precision to score. It is like a Basketball and Soccer mixed into one game. Plus can be a bacon or even an egg as a character. Total madness here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screen Cheat - 8 Players -

maxresdefault.jpg

ss_75701df4750dfa458f6435c807627492cdbd0361.1920x1080.jpg

A first person shooter but lets you split the screen 8 ways. Yes, this game is super hard to play because everybody is invisible and the whole point of the game is to look at other people's screen. Super chaotic but super fun. Matches heat up real fast while playing this.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Bomberman R - 8 Players -

apps.14348.71208054335180025.9dd89be8-a061-44ec-9dd8-3cfa7377d7ee.81b2f2bd-4f2a-4927-a422-c5e61ea159c2

GrandPrixGameMode.0.jpg

One of the most popular games out there. This was released on Nintendo Switch first but later was released on Xbox One as well. 8 player madness with bomberman is always a HIT. I am sure most of you guys know about this game and that it is an iconic couch game to have.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Clusterpuck 99 - 8 Players

pAPbKpAi7jl_tRxgTSOzSeSj2RGsQIKCv4KwpK-zXwuV2gAx5lrdrFxOmYW7ObezoZU8WMfRdxivrJaYzO7UPanw6SW1W5P0JxVOxdW7PMjDPUymJ-74VhdTgsLffw3Dg1it0vzWY78

G6rYQBQG7g44D3ZpXqks7fuhPEl0Y5GCTxOzj9dF3G6D-EtqjowD1aWWFdfeltDxul4Nd_gjTa2AhFOuIzjy0pkTcrwYYikM5xj1dgTc1gCJAlhCl-sOMqbZ83-q7g

A very simple games. You are a puck and you controller a smaller puck? Super simple game with just 1 button to master but with 8 player this game is SOOO MUCH FUN. I bought it for $1.99 few years ago on Xbox One and couldn't believe how much I have played it with friends now. It is like soccer and hockey mixed. Love this simple game.

Gunscape - 8 Players

resizer.php

XiEdKJwzKcoBTY0Qo18aMyh1o2Ga1bqaQbVTlAEQQli0gwfoVMCmuiFUL5yqNxNuYWvalPj_M2WxrfxDYFvF2NK1uB-bJAMvLwk

Another FPS on the list. Another crazy game that lets you split the screen into 8 players. With these games the bigger TV you have, the more fun it'll be because you wont have to squint your eyes. Game gives you a lot of options but I have only played the simple FFA and TDM stuff. Game reminds me of Quack days.

Quiz Time - 8 Players with Smart Phones

maxresdefault.jpg

ItsQuizTime_02.jpg

From the makers of Buzz (PS2 and PS3) comes an excellent Quiz game. It is fun and it is fast. 8 players that uses the smart phones. Simple fun if you have even non-gamers in the room.

Jackbox Party Pack 1, 2, 3, 4. - 8 Players -

a5a0366efe10782daa73506927f6204785034ace.jpeg

The most popular bunch when it comes to 8 player games for any type of gamers. Buy any of the packs and have endless fun with family and friends. I own all packs on Xbox and PS4 I don't know why. But yeah it supports 8 players through smart phones.

Dangerous Golf - 8 Players

maxresdefault.jpg

dangerous-golf-listing-screen-05-ps4-us-3june16

Another really fun but very crazy 8 player game. Think of it as Golf and Burnout Crash mode had a baby. Very simple and stupid game but it is so much fun when 8 players are involved.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Runbow - 8 Players -

RunbowPageHeader_BoxArt.png

1501227519_720-gdc-2015-screenshot-_0003_lava.jpg

Really fun 8 player game that takes a little time to understand what is happening. We always play some rounds of it and its super chaotic but as time passes by, it gets easier and easier. Great over all game.

Infinite MiniGolf - 8 Players -

infiniteminigolf-listingthumb-01-ps4-us-06july2017

ss_534d2281a06b6cf8ebd682d11f5a52487ac702ba.1920x1080.jpg

A game that I have recently bought because it supports 8 players. I haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to trying it with friends in 2 weeks when I have my gaming night with the boys. I hope it is fun. I love Golf in general.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PES 2019 - 8 Players -

086178.jpg

PES2019-Inferno-Gameplay-by-Turin82.jpg

One of the best soccer games out there and it supports 8 players..?? Sign me UP! I am still surprised FIFA doesn't allow us to have 8 players but super glad that PES does. 4 v 4 is always a hit and super fun with friends. It gets crazy and you don't know who has the ball and what is going on but that is the fun part. Specially when you have to a shot each time the other team scores. LOL

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rock N Racing Off Road DX - 8 Players

H2x1_NSwitchDS_RockNRacingOffRoadDx_image1600w.jpg

rock-n-racing-dx-switch.original.jpg

I love top down racers. They are just FUN. Reminds me of Pixel Junk Racers on PS3. This game is super fun and gets super frantic as well when 8 players are involved. Give it a go next time friends are over. Trust me it'll be jokes!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Obliteracers - 8 Players -

Obliteracers-2.jpg

92520451-medium.jpg

We tried it and it wasn't a big hit because it can get hard to follow the race itself but the over all premise is good and fun. Going to give this one another try in 2 weeks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that is it. The 8 player games I play usually with friends. Please feel free to add any ones I have missed and you know of. Because I would love to add them to my collection. \

Please mention even 6 players games or even 4 players ones that you enjoy most. I have insane amount of 4 players ones as there are way too many and most of them are great. So just share any great and amazing couch games here if you guys can. \\ Thank you. :)

Mar 27, 2018
Dude you totally forgot Smash Bros! 8 player Smash is hectic, but really funny sometimes.

Luigi's Mansion 3 also has a multiplayer mode where you hunt ghosts competitively. You can play with up to 8 people, 4 Luigis of various colors and 4 "Gooigis".

Other than that, you had a very exhaustive list. Honorable mention to NintendoLand on the WiiU that supported 5 players and had asynchronous gameplay between the television and the GamePad. Ahead of its' time

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Dude you totally forgot Smash Bros! 8 player Smash is hectic, but really funny sometimes.

Luigi's Mansion 3 also has a multiplayer mode where you hunt ghosts competitively. You can play with up to 8 people, 4 Luigis of various colors and 4 "Gooigis".

Other than that, you had a very exhaustive list. Honorable mention to NintendoLand on the WiiU that supported 5 players and had asynchronous gameplay between the television and the GamePad. Ahead of its' time
Thanks for bringing those to my attention. I guess the reason I forgot is because each time I had friends over, we tried Nintendo Switch but to connect controllers and all its a hassle and a half and we always end up not playing anything on it. But I will try those games next time I have a couch gaming session.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Killer Queen Black!

Where is it?

Also, is that Rock N Racing any good? Skipped it on Wii u, but have been dying for an Off-Road since SNES days

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
Killer Queen Black!

Where is it?

Only recently did it get an 8p local update, and thank goodness. (It originally required that two PCs, or two Nintendo Switch consoles, connect to each other online to play "local" 4v4.)

Great thread. Some other additions:

Gang Beasts, supports up to eight players on PC: gooey shove-wrestling madness.
Johann Sebastian Joust (part of Sportsfriends package), up to seven players on Mac and Linux: one of the wildest motion-based party games of all time, but you'll need a LARGE space, a loud set of speakers, and one PlayStation Move wand per player. Thus, the most inconvenient multiplayer game of all time.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My only contribution is Gang Beasts as it's hilarious a few rounds, but the ones you listed all seem great

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
I would love to play 8 player bomberman in real life at least once. Even one other player is super fun, can't imagine 8

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Killer Queen Black!

Where is it?

Also, is that Rock N Racing any good? Skipped it on Wii u, but have been dying for an Off-Road since SNES days
Killer Queen Black? I will def check it out. Is it available on Xbox One as well?

And Rock N Racing is really fun... although it does get chaotic with 8 players, you really have to remember you color of the car. Specially when you are drinking and gaming Lol.

Thanks OP! Glad to see some Screencheat love as well!
You are very welcome man. That game is super fun and I just love the premise of it in general. Who would have thought eh.

Last edited:

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Killer Queen Black? I will def check it out. Is it available on Xbox One as well?

And Rock N Racing is really fun... although it does get chaotic with 8 players, you really have to remember you color of the car. Specially when you are drinking and gaming Lol.

You are very welcome man. Thanks. :) Hopefully more people will add screenshots and games that are super fun couch games.
How does it feel though? A game like that lives or dies by feel. Yes it's usually like $3, but Off-Road is iconic in how it feels to play it.

I was wrong, it's not on Xbox yet. Also has Crossplay, if that matters to you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
How does it feel though? A game like that lives or dies by feel. Yes it's usually like $3, but Off-Road is iconic in how it feels to play it.

Also, yes, Killer Queen Black is on Xbox. Also has Crossplay, if that matters to you.
It feels good and fun... its very sluggish but that is the part of off road racing from top down. I enjoy it a lot and it is similar to tank controls so you have to keep in mind where you are facing and what is right and what is left at all times. Its a stupid fun game.

And I am def going to check out Killer Queen Black... hope it is on sale so I can purchase it for my gaming night with the boys.

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
My only contribution is Gang Beasts as it's hilarious a few rounds, but the ones you listed all seem great
I love that game and yes it is SUPER fun. I bought it on PS4... only 4 players.

Then it came out on Xbox One... and STILL 4 players??? I was surprised. I don't know why they didn't do 8 players like PC. Maybe an update might fix that? I hope so.

That game is so much fun with 4 players so I can't even imagine how INSANELY CRAZY it'll be with 8 players.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Also, yes, Killer Queen Black is on Xbox. Also has Crossplay, if that matters to you.

Huh. I had no idea that was out. Wasn't that supposed to be coming to Game Pass? I swear they announced that at E3 or somewhere around that time.

I've never heard of Quiz Time, OP, but it sounds right up my alley. Will definitely check that out.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Huh. I had no idea that was out. Wasn't that supposed to be coming to Game Pass? I swear they announced that at E3 or somewhere around that time.

I've never heard of Quiz Time, OP, but it sounds right up my alley. Will definitely check that out.
Oh my bad, it's not on Xbox yet. Weird.

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada

Nooooo....... really? I really wanted to buy that game for the gaming night I am having in a week or so. I guess I can buy the Switch version... it is on sale as well but connecting 8 controllers to a Switch system is a HASSLE. Never had a good experience with it.

And yeah man, Quiz Time is super fun... with family and friends. As long as they have a smart phone (which everyone does now days). The announcer pronounces your name or any name you use (small but good feature). Fun overall game.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Hotlap Heroes is a surprisingly decent PC top down racer with support for 8 players. Another nice thing is that you can download an app to use mobile phones as virtual controllers.

Super Slime Arena is a simple but chaotic 50+ player (!) experience that pretty much lets you use anything with a USB cable as a controller:

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Hotlap Heroes is a surprisingly decent PC top down racer with support for 8 players. Another nice thing is that you can download an app to use mobile phones as virtual controllers.

Super Slime Arena is a simple but chaotic 50+ player (!) experience that pretty much lets you use anything with a USB cable as a controller:

Oh wow. Those are excellent additions. Thanks for sharing. Def going to check out Hotlap Heroes and I hope it comes to Xbox One as well.

There aren't that many 8 players games out there so it is nice to learn more and more about these rare type of games.