• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will EA get the respect and reputation of Capcom one day?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • No

Votes: 100 86.2%

• Total voters

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
They need to find a boss that doesn't look like a bond villain first.

Jasper

Mar 21, 2018
Netherlands
I'm hopeful that with Respawn's Jedi:Fallen Order, even higher level execs at EA will realize that the age of single player games is not over, and that good games are more important than good ways to monetize mediocre games.

Apr 21, 2018
Them squandering Bioware doesn't erase Dead space, Mass effect, or Dragon Age. I know it's cool to hate EA they are capable of making genre defining games.

Yeah I guess it just feels like EAs influence eventually ruined those series. Dead Space is one of my favourite games ever, but I can't help but only consider EAs influence to have ruined it. IIRC, they closed Visceral down.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Yeah I guess it just feels like EAs influence eventually ruined those series. Dead Space is one of my favourite games ever, but I can't help but only consider EAs influence to have ruined it. IIRC, they closed Visceral down.
They have done and do shady stuff but that doesn't remove the possibility of fixing things. Gamers have an exceptionally short memory if a pub/Dev can start knocking out good games.

Apr 21, 2018
They have done and do shady stuff but that doesn't remove the possibility of fixing things. Gamers have an exceptionally short memory if a pub/Dev can start knocking out good games.

I agree. People seemed to like EA back in the PS2 days. I think it's just been a long time of shitty practices and closing studios and dwindling quality releases that's made them the target.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
EA feels like they are just another publisher like Tencent or something. I really don't see any sort of "EA identity" in their games unlike companies like Capcom,Nintendo,Blizzard,Sony..etc.

Their main target audience is also quite broader than the "Core" Gamer community. Am sure Capcom would also not give a shit if they were making games like Fifa.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I hope so, yes. They have strong IPs and they've been mishandling them for a while now, so hopefully things will turn around soon.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
Capcom stands on a foundation of decades of good shit, so even when they fuck up you hope for better, and when they start to do better you root for them. It's subjective, but to me EA doesn't come close in that regard, and a lot of their stuff they killed themselves by releasing mediocre entries repeatedly until no one cares (Need for Speed) or releasing huge turds that do it in one shot(Mass Effect). Not to mention loot boxes and other money making schemes that only hurt the fans.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
EA is a company that consistently and continually destroys their own history.

So no.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
hell no. ea are garbage. propped up by dice/respawn/whoever at maxis is stuck on the sims for enternity

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
The surprise mechanics company? Not in a million years. They're everything that's wrong in the industry.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I don't really care lmao as long as they make content I am willing to buy I'm gonna support them

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Anything is impossible, but, they have the hardest road of all AAA developers to me.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
EA doesn't need redeeming. They are making money hand over fist. They won't change their business model unless it helps their bottom line. I don't blame them.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
They certainly have the IPs to, and some quality dev teams.

Whether the execs will allow them to is an entirely different matter however.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
imagine companies as robots that subsist on your money

EA is the T-1000. capcom is like Robo from Chrono Trigger or something... there may be some emotion there

Oct 27, 2017
I think they will earn a lot of good will if they:

* Remaster the Mass Effect Trilogy for next generation with all DLC
* Have Criterion develop an awesome Burnout game
* Let BioWare focus on making single-player RPGs with no GaaS elements
* Bring back the Dead Space IP

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
They literally killed every last piece of good faith I had with Battlefield 5, to the point where I will not buy any BF games from here on. When they have all the time in the world to lecture me on game design, but zero time to stop cheaters, I now know that they don't give a shit.

"Why are people leaving our game?"
"Cheaters"
"We don't get it, people aren't staying"
"Cheaters you arrogant fucks"
"It's a mystery, must be TTK... lets fuck with that a bit"
"Che... why do I bother?"

Bought the EA pass, bought the Deluxe Edition, bought skins to support the devs which I have never done. Never again.

aerts1js

May 11, 2019
There was a moment when they were releasing games like dead space and mirror's edge that I thought *maybe* justtt *maybe* but nope. Definitely not.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
I do see a potential turning point for EA, Fallen Order, C&C remake potentially next year and the announcement of remasters have been/will be the start of it