• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Can Geralt survive every Souls Game?

• Yes

Votes: 95 59.7%
  • No, he'd die [in game X/to boss Y]

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • He can't survive any of them

Votes: 42 26.4%

• Total voters

Teusery

May 18, 2022
hardest-soulsborne-games-ranked-by-difficulty.jpg

lxd7jorgjtv71.jpg

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Geralt from the books? Absolutely.

Geralt from the games? He's weak, he'll probably die to the first DS boss and give up

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Geralt is an extremely accomplished monster slayer. I can only imagine what kinds of nonsense he could accomplish if he came back to life every time he died like a Souls protagonist. He'd be unstoppable.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the parts that force you to die (e.g. Seath) would prove a challenge

Is that "able to die and come back" aspect carried over form the games?

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see why not, he's more skilled than any starting character (save for maybe Wolf in swordsmanship) and has magic. He'll need to level his ADP in DS2.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's been a while since I played The Witcher 3. Can he parry? If not he dies immediately in Sekiro and will get fucked up by many bosses in the other games.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that Geralt is a monster tracker and hunter.
Not a demon hunter.

I doubt his little signs and oils will work much on half of the demons of DS roster. Maybe his dimeritium bombs could help a lot ?

OP
OP
Teusery

Teusery

May 18, 2022
Geralt from the books? Absolutely.

Geralt from the games? He's weak, he'll probably die to the first DS boss and give up

I thought game Geralt was stronger (primarily because game geralt was able to take down a higher vampire)

I feel like the parts that force you to die (e.g. Seath) would prove a challenge

Is that "able to die and come back" aspect carried over form the games?

Let's say he's not allowed to die unless it's at a part of the game where its literally part of the progression

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
no, he'd die, and he'd die early, cuz that's how the games are designed

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Can Geralt get stronger via consuming souls and is he immortal like the hollows?

Because fuck no if otherwise lmao.

LumberPanda

Feb 3, 2019
If he gets the curse that lets him, in-lore, respawn then yes he could.

If you mean not die once I don't think so.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
story wise, absolutely

I'd venture to say a ton of video game protagonists would probably dominated souls since the whole point of those games is that a lowly person could destroy gods

gameplay wise, he's sluggish as fuck lol

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Let's say he's not allowed to die unless it's at a part of the game where its literally part of the progression

He gets fucked up then in all the games.

Being a Witcher and surviving has knowing your enemies and appropriate preparation as probably the most important cornerstone. You can't do that when a bunch of one off bosses leap out of nowhere and can easily turn you in to paste before you can even utter the sentence "whoops I coated my sword with the wrong alchemic Mixture"

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Mmmm I have my doubts with Sekiro, especially Genichiro and Ashina. Lady Maria could be a problem as well. Basically any human boss would be really hard, he'd best all the monsters tho.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I think Sekiro would be the biggest challenge here. Geralt would have no way of traversing some of the areas without a grappling hook, and I don't see him beating Isshin.

Can his quen last long enough to survive Malenia's waterfowl dance?

Jamesac68

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, he could survive no problem because both a game's hero and its challenges are built to work together.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Mario would survive every souls game. Just lose a bunch of lives and you get a super tanuki suit. eezy peezy

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, Sekiro aside, there's no real set character in a Souls game, and considering most Souls characters are just random people who happen to be the one to do the thing, if some random person can do it in their underwear and using their fists without dying, Geralt could do it for sure.

Sekiro is the only one that I'd say is impossible for him.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
Geralt would survive every souls. He'd have a harder time with Sekiro and travelling, but still survive it. He's a mutant/superhuman, and he has both magic and sword skills. I don't think he'd have trouble with any of the bosses because of the way he tends to combat/fight all of them (both human and non-human, in games and in books)

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
geralt would go through those games a lot easier than the protagonists, who are just a bunch of undead on the brink of insanity

Last edited:

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
If he can bring his signs/magic (especially defensive spells) and alchemy/oils then yes.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
It's rather the opposite. Books Geralt gets seriously wounded by a group of nekkers or ghouls. Games Geralt is able to destroy higher vampires. It's a pretty big gulf.

Yeah, book Geralt spends a lot of time just recovering from getting his ass kicked so bad.

Oct 30, 2017
I think he could survive the bosses straight up, but he'd die to some bullshit like not knowing he needed a particular ring to access 4 Kings.