1. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher
    Crisis Dino - Snake is in Smash Moderator OP

This was pointed out by the Resident Evil Plus+ Twitter Page and as of this writing is still on the Japanese Biohazard Page.

It's definitely odd seeing a conveniently placed empty square there. Could be intentional, but it screams more than anything a spot for a game getting a reveal. The obvious answer would be RE2make. Since we've been waiting for a more formal reveal for quite awhile now. Not to mention the RE2s 20th Anniversary is on Jan 21, 2018. Would be a nice gesture finally showing off the game for such an event.

On the other hand. Perhaps its something else. There's murmurs of a third title in development that not much info is known about. Which possibly could've been something in dev before RE2make. Then there's of course the possibility of it just being a new port of an older game. Perhaps something on Switch that'll tie into the rumored Nintendo Direct soon.

Could also be jack all like the Nintendo Versus Banner awhile back which had something similar. But lets hope that isn't the case here.

Regardless, definitely seems like Capcom will be offering RE fans something soon.

2. FiXalaS

FiXalaS

Please RE2make

I wanna know if its 1st person or 3rd person.

3. Arsenic13

Arsenic13

4. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Pulled the image out if anyone wants to mess with it.
    [​IMG]

Unsure of Dev 1, but this one is definitely official. Guess Japanese accounts just don't care enough about getting verified.

5. Akiller

Akiller

Just like the empty square of the Nintendo Versus twitter account last E3.

Don't do this to yourselves.

6. Grisby

Grisby

I'm feeling some suspense myself.

7. ~Fake

~Fake

If so its not a remake.

8. Lite_Agent

Lite_Agent

Or Twitter doesn't care about verifying Japanese accounts. Noticed a significantly lower number of JP accounts verified as opposed to western outlets. Also seen quite a few JP peeps complaining about being rejected several times despite meeting all criteria (Soraya Saga is one of them).

But yeah, off-topic.

On-topic: I doubt it'll amount to much, tbh.

9. HF2014

HF2014

It better be like RE2. Indont want a 3rd or first person. I want it to be like RE remake for gamecube!

10. Keym

Keym

Wouldn't it be neat if the next RE had dinosaurs in it instead of zombies??

11. StallionDan

StallionDan

It will not be first person. The backlash would implode the internet.

12. Hixx

Hixx

This is getting made because of how successful the REmake HD release was iirc. I'd be amazed if it's not the classic RE style.

13. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

With my limited skill in photoshop I went through the image and brightness levels of varying colors. Didn't seem to get anything out of that black space.

Didn't even think of that.

14. OhMyZach

OhMyZach

That would still be a remake...

15. Acido

Acido

Lol, my thoughts exactly. They probably just don't want the profile pic blocking the banner.

16. BareKnuckle

BareKnuckle

I dont want to throw fuel on the fire but capcom hired a RE community manager just before the reveal of RE7 and they are doing the same thing again now.

You can take that info however you want.

17. ~Fake

~Fake

No. Rework, not a remake.

18. kageroo

kageroo

If it's first person I'm completely done with Resident Evil and Capcom, even if they make a new DC, it wouldn't matter I'd completely lost faith in them... I'm not even sure I can handle non pre-rendered backgrounds tbh...

19. OhMyZach

OhMyZach

What? No that still qualifies as a remake. You can remake a game and have it be whatever style you want. You're making up your own words and definitions here.

20. Joseki

Joseki

Considering that they put 2 Switch ports up there I won't exclude the possibility of another Switch port being announced at the direct.

EDIT: those are actually the last 3 Resident Evil rerelease, so I'm guessing it's really a port of something.

21. Mórríoghain

Mórríoghain

Wow I never thought we would see this
    [​IMG]

22. ~Fake

~Fake

No. Remake you make little changes in the game, most part in graphics. Put a old RE2 in 1st person its not a proper remake. Drastically change the mechanics of the game already decharacterizes remake.
    Its just like remake a Pokemon Red and put in 1st person.

23. Gbraga

Gbraga

Wait, are we getting a Captivate event this year? They wouldn't start teasing an E3 reveal this early, would they?

24. Anung

Anung

Revelations 3 please!

25. kageroo

kageroo

I'm pretty sure the official definition of remake says you can do whatever you want, as long it's "loosely" based on the original.

It could be a complete re-imagining and still be a "remake". Which is kinda what I expect tbh, I wouldn't be surprised about open world, base protecting and maybe even jetpacks for good measurement, it'd still be a "remake", if it follows the original story...

26. SevketErhat

SevketErhat

Thats the point RE dies for me too

27. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Best banner.

28. vala

vala

New Ampo game or RE 2
    Or more ports!

29. kageroo

kageroo

Haha :p

30. Turkoop

Turkoop

Deep Down

Meh kidding, it's dead.

31. OhMyZach

OhMyZach

You can remake a Pokémon game in first person. That's what a remake is. You're taking a game and remaking it. Final Fantasy IV went from 2D to 3D with it's remake. It's still a remake. Mortal Kombat went from 2D to 3D character models. Still a remake. Though I guess MK9 counts as more of a continuity reboot than a straight remake. But still.

32. RecRoulette

RecRoulette

Mortal Kombat was not a remake.

33. Arsenic13

Arsenic13

Hmm, OK. I'm gonna ask Capcom directly to be sure about both. Interesting image if so.

34. Pringles

Pringles

Hoping for RE2make, yet expecting nothing.

That’d be interesting. Maybe they could call it... Dino Crisis?

35. Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

If you could get a response on that. It'd be great.

36. ~Fake

~Fake

Oh god... Remake need to maintain the primordial aspect of the entire original game. Change the perspective of the entire game will not help promote a 'remake'.
    If they want to make a 1st person/3st person game, just make a proper RE8 already.
    You guys are confusing remake with reimagining.
    Its not. Its a complete rework.

37. hydro94530

hydro94530

I would almost prefer it to be Resident Evil 4: Switch Edition than RE2 Remake. I know I'm weird and obsessed with RE4 lol.

38. Renna Hazel

Renna Hazel

Is the FFVII remake not a remake? They're drastically changing how you play the game.

39. takufox

takufox

Omg im shook. We did it kids. we got a Dino Crisis remake.

40. ~Fake

~Fake

No. Just a FFXIII.

41. Renna Hazel

Renna Hazel

It's an FFXIII? What does that mean?

42. Perzeval

Perzeval

I just hope it will be as good as the reimagining that was REmake.

43. ~Fake

~Fake

In gameplay aspect. You have played FFXIII? Lightning moving, enter in battle, jumping foward obstacles...
    I mean, this is what make REmake so strong. Little about the mechanics changed.
    Most people who speculate this liked the RE7 or REvelations.

44. Ponto

Ponto

What? No. FF7R Is a Remake. The important aspects of the game are there. A FP RE2 would still be a remake.

45. Caiops

Caiops

Is the 20 year anniversary not nearly over now? Maybe we will have an event, just like we got one in 2012.

I think it could be Revelations 3, Revelations 2 sold 2.2kk, its their best selling spin-off title

46. ~Fake

~Fake

What aspect? I'm curious now.

47. Renna Hazel

Renna Hazel

I've played FF13 and it didn't sound like FFVIIR would be like that either. XIII is still turned based, I thought VIIR wasn't.

I'd still call FFVII Remake a remake though.

48. kageroo

kageroo

The poster is obviously confused about this, a remake by definition can do pretty much everything, including a total re-imagining.

But I think this is a hopeless discussion though since the poster already committed to being right, even when they're wrong, which your example of FFVII "remake" demonstrates very well. Mechanics have absolutely zero to do with a remake.

It's even in the word itself, you remake something, doesn't matter if you use old concepts and mechanics or completely new ones.

PS: of course I hope REmake 2 will be in the vein of REmake, but it's not a given at all, unfortunately.

49. Blackbird

Blackbird

January 21st boys!

We did it

50. Kid Night

Kid Night

Not to poop on anyone's parade, but a lot of accounts leave the left side of an banner image blank/inconsequential because they don't want their profile image interfering or covering up anything important.. Especially in mobile browsers.