• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Combing the RE7 logo with the classic red looks pretty good. I wonder if we might get something during the week seeing as 21st is a Sunday.

I'd be happy with just a single screenshot so that every thread stops devolving into a circular argument over possible perspectives :p

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me what the advantage of having prerendered environments in this day and age would have? We have open world games that look like this
Do you honestly believe this is the budget level Capcom is working with? I love an excuse to post Sunhi gifs too but no. Nyet. Nein.

I'd post REmake screens still looking tasty decades later and say "I can't wait to see what they'd be able to do this time around."

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you honestly believe this is the budget level Capcom is working with? I love an excuse to post Sunhi gifs too but no. Nyet. Nein.

I'd post REmake screens still looking tasty decades later and say "I can't wait to see what they'd be able to do this time around."

I mean, Horizon Zero Dawn was 47 million by most sources and Hellblade was under 20 million ("Independent AAA" as Ninja Theory called it). And this was RE 7:

01_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

386844-re7.jpg

L.jpg

I imagine that the next iteration of RE Engine would yield even better results. If they tighten up the scope of the game and have a clear vision from the start, they can still yield fantastic results without a 150 million dollar budget.

Also: Can prerendered work with a fully controllable camera? Can it work with dynamic scenes that many games have today? Does it allow for dynamic lighting, particle effects, etc? It seems like prerendered is best suited for Classic RE rather than OTS RE or FPS RE.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Also: Can prerendered work with a fully controllable camera? Can it work with dynamic scenes that many games have today? Does it allow for dynamic lighting, particle effects, etc? It seems like prerendered is best suited for Classic RE rather than OTS RE or FPS RE.
I don't think it would work. The idea of having it prerendered is that it's also static and rendered once on screen, but if you turn the camera, for example, you're forcing the engine to render a surface again from a different perspective.

EDIT: Dynamic lightning could work, but it would take an hybrid of real PBR and prerendered backgrounds, so it's weird.