• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This was pointed out by the Resident Evil Plus+ Twitter Page and as of this writing is still on the Japanese Biohazard Page.

It's definitely odd seeing a conveniently placed empty square there. Could be intentional, but it screams more than anything a spot for a game getting a reveal. The obvious answer would be RE2make. Since we've been waiting for a more formal reveal for quite awhile now. Not to mention the RE2s 20th Anniversary is on Jan 21, 2018. Would be a nice gesture finally showing off the game for such an event.

On the other hand. Perhaps its something else. There's murmurs of a third title in development that not much info is known about. Which possibly could've been something in dev before RE2make. Then there's of course the possibility of it just being a new port of an older game. Perhaps something on Switch that'll tie into the rumored Nintendo Direct soon.

Could also be jack all like the Nintendo Versus Banner awhile back which had something similar. But lets hope that isn't the case here.

Regardless, definitely seems like Capcom will be offering RE fans something soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Pulled the image out if anyone wants to mess with it.
1500x500

Are we sure that page or https://twitter.com/dev1_official are actually official? Why aren't they verified?

Unsure of Dev 1, but this one is definitely official. Guess Japanese accounts just don't care enough about getting verified.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
Just like the empty square of the Nintendo Versus twitter account last E3.

Don't do this to yourselves.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Unsure of Dev 1, but this one is definitely official. Guess Japanese accounts just don't care enough about getting verified.

Or Twitter doesn't care about verifying Japanese accounts. Noticed a significantly lower number of JP accounts verified as opposed to western outlets. Also seen quite a few JP peeps complaining about being rejected several times despite meeting all criteria (Soraya Saga is one of them).

But yeah, off-topic.

On-topic: I doubt it'll amount to much, tbh.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
It better be like RE2. Indont want a 3rd or first person. I want it to be like RE remake for gamecube!

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't it be neat if the next RE had dinosaurs in it instead of zombies??

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
With my limited skill in photoshop I went through the image and brightness levels of varying colors. Didn't seem to get anything out of that black space.

Or Twitter doesn't care about verifying Japanese accounts. Noticed a significantly lower number of JP accounts verified as opposed to western outlets. Also seen quite a few JP peeps complaining about being rejected several times despite meeting all criteria (Soraya Saga is one of them).

But yeah, off-topic.

On-topic: I doubt it'll amount to much, tbh.

Didn't even think of that.

BareKnuckle

Oct 26, 2017
I dont want to throw fuel on the fire but capcom hired a RE community manager just before the reveal of RE7 and they are doing the same thing again now.

You can take that info however you want.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Considering that they put 2 Switch ports up there I won't exclude the possibility of another Switch port being announced at the direct.

EDIT: those are actually the last 3 Resident Evil rerelease, so I'm guessing it's really a port of something.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? No that still qualifies as a remake. You can remake a game and have it be whatever style you want. You're making up your own words and definitions here.
No. Remake you make little changes in the game, most part in graphics. Put a old RE2 in 1st person its not a proper remake. Drastically change the mechanics of the game already decharacterizes remake.
Its just like remake a Pokemon Red and put in 1st person.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No. Rework, not a remake.
I'm pretty sure the official definition of remake says you can do whatever you want, as long it's "loosely" based on the original.

It could be a complete re-imagining and still be a "remake". Which is kinda what I expect tbh, I wouldn't be surprised about open world, base protecting and maybe even jetpacks for good measurement, it'd still be a "remake", if it follows the original story...

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
No. Remake you make little changes in the game, most part in graphics. Put a old RE2 in 1st person its not a proper remake. Drastically change the mechanics of the game already decharacterizes remake.
Its just like remake a Pokemon Red and put in 1st person.
You can remake a Pokémon game in first person. That's what a remake is. You're taking a game and remaking it. Final Fantasy IV went from 2D to 3D with it's remake. It's still a remake. Mortal Kombat went from 2D to 3D character models. Still a remake. Though I guess MK9 counts as more of a continuity reboot than a straight remake. But still.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You can remake a Pokémon game in first person. That's what a remake is. You're taking a game and remaking it. Final Fantasy IV went from 2D to 3D with it's remake. It's still a remake. Mortal Kombat went from 2D to 3D character models. Still a remake.
Mortal Kombat was not a remake.

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the official definition of remake says you can do whatever you want, as long it's "loosely" based on the original.
Oh god... Remake need to maintain the primordial aspect of the entire original game. Change the perspective of the entire game will not help promote a 'remake'.
If they want to make a 1st person/3st person game, just make a proper RE8 already.
You guys are confusing remake with reimagining.
You can remake a Pokémon game in first person. That's what a remake is..
Its not. Its a complete rework.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I would almost prefer it to be Resident Evil 4: Switch Edition than RE2 Remake. I know I'm weird and obsessed with RE4 lol.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god... Remake need to maintain the primordial aspect of the entire original game. Change the perspective of the entire game will not help promote a 'remake'.
If they want to make a 1st person/3st person game, just make a proper RE8 already.

Is the FFVII remake not a remake? They're drastically changing how you play the game.

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's an FFXIII? What does that mean?
In gameplay aspect. You have played FFXIII? Lightning moving, enter in battle, jumping foward obstacles...
I mean, this is what make REmake so strong. Little about the mechanics changed.
Most people who speculate this liked the RE7 or REvelations.

Ponto

Oct 25, 2017

What? No. FF7R Is a Remake. The important aspects of the game are there. A FP RE2 would still be a remake.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the 20 year anniversary not nearly over now? Maybe we will have an event, just like we got one in 2012.

I think it could be Revelations 3, Revelations 2 sold 2.2kk, its their best selling spin-off title

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
In gameplay aspect. You have played FFXIII? Lightning moving, enter in battle, jumping foward obstacles...
I mean, this is what make REmake so strong. Little about the mechanics changed.
Most people who speculate this liked the RE7 or REvelations.
I've played FF13 and it didn't sound like FFVIIR would be like that either. XIII is still turned based, I thought VIIR wasn't.

I'd still call FFVII Remake a remake though.

Deleted member 11517

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is the FFVII remake not a remake? They're drastically changing how you play the game.
The poster is obviously confused about this, a remake by definition can do pretty much everything, including a total re-imagining.

But I think this is a hopeless discussion though since the poster already committed to being right, even when they're wrong, which your example of FFVII "remake" demonstrates very well. Mechanics have absolutely zero to do with a remake.

It's even in the word itself, you remake something, doesn't matter if you use old concepts and mechanics or completely new ones.

PS: of course I hope REmake 2 will be in the vein of REmake, but it's not a given at all, unfortunately.

Kid Night

Oct 27, 2017
Not to poop on anyone's parade, but a lot of accounts leave the left side of an banner image blank/inconsequential because they don't want their profile image interfering or covering up anything important.. Especially in mobile browsers.