• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I'm looking forward to reading your classical DC thread on ResetEra as well, Jaw.

Btw, I've recently replayed both PS1 entries. DC is amazing in its own, peculiar way. I love Regina and the way how Capcom handled the adventure in the two games.

I'm a bit scared of what Capcom could turn DC into. I hope they don't reboot the franchise but they'll stick with Regina on a new adventure. I hope they keep the cheesy dialogues and the arcade pace of the second entry.

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I PM'ed Wbacon, he probably received this shit 100 times but I don't care/ I made sure to tell him there are feathers on these mother fucking dinosaurs.

DriftedPlanet

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
This year has seen a lot of Dino Crisis developemts. Probably more than any other year since I have started tracking the game and sharing news with you all. Watching it all take progress slowly but surely to me seems to indicate that Capcom might finally be interested in returning to the series in some form. While I don't have enough information to accurately say exactly what form that will be. It does seem that the series will no longer be treated as a forgotten franchise. In case you haven't been keeping track, these are the biggest events leading to this point in time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 9th, 2014: Capcom Vancouver adds Regina as a Costume in Dead Rising 3

Dec 5th, 2016: Capcom could revive other "Dormant" franchises

February 15th, 2017: Capcom Vancouver almost rebooted Dino Crisis (Neogaf Link)

March 7th, 2017: Resident Evil 7 Producer Masachika Kawata (Worked on prior DC games) hopes in his heart for a new Dino Crisis even if there are currently no plans

April 27th, 2017: Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite interview says Dino Crisis came up often (Season 2 character's are currently unknown)

September 28th 2017: Capcom France mentions the series in a Throw Back Thursday twitter post

September 29th, 2017: Puzzle Fighter community manager asks what character should be added. Regina receives lots of support

October 6th, 2017: Capcom Vancouver has Dino Crisis listed in Dead Rising 4's Capcom Heroes mode

October 22, 2017: (Rumor) Mikami_XKira (SFV Data Miner) lists Regina as a upcoming costume for SFV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While there's nothing mind blowing here or conclusive to post some sort of Dino Crisis return as a 100% probability. Currently it feels like the series is closer than ever before in returning to the gaming realm. If the XKira rumor itself holds true, it would be the first time since Dino Crisis 3 that Capcom Japan has ever touched the series and not just allowed Capcom Vancouver (Western Branch) to use it. That alone speaks volumes to me. For whatever reason Dino Crisis was always snubbed in any sort of crossover fare. Crossover fare that would include smaller series in both reception and sales. Whether this was just due to neglect or to position the franchise with a clean slate if it were to return is beyond me. Regardless, I wanted to share these developments with you all and get your input on the matter. I will post more Dino Crisis news/rumors/questions as I get it. Thank you all for keeping hope alive as we continue on a new platform.
While it's speculation those occurrences do seem like a rapid change in approaching the property. I hope you get your wish, Jaw :)

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
IeqgYLm.jpg

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Dino Crisis 3 was on the OG Xbox right? Watch it become backwards compatible on XBO and that be it ):<

Edit: oh I see I'm not the only one who's though of this hahaha ):

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
I'll be also keeping my fingers crossed for a return to the series though I'm doubtful at the moment.
Come one Capcom reboot some of your other old IP Dino Crisis and Onimusha.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
At this point I'd take anything Dino Crisis related. I really want a remake or even a remastered version of 1&2 with updated textures, models and voice acting.

LastPaige

Oct 25, 2017
I would honestly be shocked if capcom isn't at least thinking about it at this point. Especially with re moving to slower first person this would be the perfect way to give the action people what they want from re as well.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Now that RE7 took that franchise back toward horror from action, it'd be great if action RE could be carried forward with Dino Crisis. RE6 action with Dinos is the dream.

Always thought that as well as a possibility, even making Dino Crisis a spin off series of RE. Biohazard: Dino Crisis and use the RE name to market it

Short teaser at a press conference with Ada. Free to download after the conference.

Ada arrives at an island to investigate a facility and throughout the demo more and more signs point towards dinos. The demo ends with a fight against a raptor. It is revealed the research facility is only a small part of this entire complex and most of it is a giant bio dome inside a mountain.

Turns out the people running this thing are former Umbrella researchers and are using a virus stem with dino DNA to rapidly grow various species.

Demo ends with Ada realizing this type of threat is something she cannot handle alone. She calls the people who sent her here and those people call someone else.

They need someone with experience for a threat like this.

A familar red head picks up the phone.

Game would have Re6 gameplay. Ada and Regina main characters.

Alright enough fan fiction..

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its dump this thread every time this year to remind Jaw that IT IS NOT HAPPENING.

Or is it? Dun dun dun

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
untitledlbqxs.png

This year has seen a lot of Dino Crisis developemts. Probably more than any other year since I have started tracking the game and sharing news with you all. Watching it all take progress slowly but surely to me seems to indicate that Capcom might finally be interested in returning to the series in some form. While I don't have enough information to accurately say exactly what form that will be. It does seem that the series will no longer be treated as a forgotten franchise. In case you haven't been keeping track, these are the biggest events leading to this point in time.

June 9th, 2014: Capcom Vancouver adds Regina as a Costume in Dead Rising 3

Dec 5th, 2016: Capcom could revive other "Dormant" franchises

February 15th, 2017: Capcom Vancouver almost rebooted Dino Crisis (Neogaf Link)

March 7th, 2017: Resident Evil 7 Producer Masachika Kawata (Worked on prior DC games) hopes in his heart for a new Dino Crisis even if there are currently no plans

April 27th, 2017: Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite interview says Dino Crisis came up often (Season 2 character's are currently unknown)

September 28th 2017: Capcom France mentions the series in a Throw Back Thursday twitter post

September 29th, 2017: Puzzle Fighter community manager asks what character should be added. Regina receives lots of support

October 6th, 2017: Capcom Vancouver has Dino Crisis listed in Dead Rising 4's Capcom Heroes mode

October 22, 2017: (Rumor) Mikami_XKira (SFV Data Miner) lists Regina as a upcoming costume for SFV

While there's nothing mind blowing here or conclusive to post some sort of Dino Crisis return as a 100% probability. Currently it feels like the series is closer than ever before in returning to the gaming realm. If the XKira rumor itself holds true, it would be the first time since Dino Crisis 3 that Capcom Japan has ever touched the series and not just allowed Capcom Vancouver (Western Branch) to use it. That alone speaks volumes to me. For whatever reason Dino Crisis was always snubbed in any sort of crossover fare. Crossover fare that would include smaller series in both reception and sales. Whether this was just due to neglect or to position the franchise with a clean slate if it were to return is beyond me. Regardless, I wanted to share these developments with you all and get your input on the matter. I will post more Dino Crisis news/rumors/questions as I get it. Thank you all for keeping hope alive as we continue on a new platform.

tumblr_mcxwwvzUyP1qmzcsgo2_500.gif

<3
Keep fighting the good fight Jaw

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I know you're a fan of action-RE Jaw, but a new Dino Crisis in the style of RE7 with PSVR support is the closest I think I'll ever get to my dream Jurassic Park game.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Didn't want to make a new thread for this. But wanted to share.
The Puzzle Fighter Twitter mentioned Dino Crisis when talking about their upcoming release plans.
While this might not seem major. This is the first time in recent memory where a Capcom Twitter account mentioned the IP.
So it speaks volume that we're all making some noise on the IP at least in some form.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
A new Dino Crisis game would be a dream come true. Heck, I would even take a remaster of the original game (but please don't change her design too drastically). Loved the first two games and refuse to believe that the 3rd game is real, even though it gives me some very angry looks from my shelf (I bet it is cursed or something).

Keep fighting the good fight, Jawmuncher! I wouldn't just be happy to see the franchise return, I would be even more happy for you personally, knowing how much you love it and do so that it doesn't get forgotten!

tumblr_n3fbtcmdbG1t1hgsqo1_500.gif

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
The good thing about something like Dino Crisis is that Capcom could go back to the IP if they want to make x kind of game and decide that they want to use the existing DC IP. Who doesn't like shooting dinosaurs?

The problem is that they're more likely to make an RE spin off.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
It's obvious Horizon Zero Dawn and Mario Oddysey were only successful because they had dinosaurs. I got your back, Jawmuncher! I tweeted a reply, saying I want to play a new Dino Crisis!