• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
untitledlbqxs.png

This year has seen a lot of Dino Crisis developemts. Probably more than any other year since I have started tracking the game and sharing news with you all. Watching it all take progress slowly but surely to me seems to indicate that Capcom might finally be interested in returning to the series in some form. While I don't have enough information to accurately say exactly what form that will be. It does seem that the series will no longer be treated as a forgotten franchise. In case you haven't been keeping track, these are the biggest events leading to this point in time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 9th, 2014: Capcom Vancouver adds Regina as a Costume in Dead Rising 3

Dec 5th, 2016: Capcom could revive other "Dormant" franchises

February 15th, 2017: Capcom Vancouver almost rebooted Dino Crisis (Neogaf Link)

March 7th, 2017: Resident Evil 7 Producer Masachika Kawata (Worked on prior DC games) hopes in his heart for a new Dino Crisis even if there are currently no plans

April 27th, 2017: Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite interview says Dino Crisis came up often (Season 2 character's are currently unknown)

September 28th 2017: Capcom France mentions the series in a Throw Back Thursday twitter post

September 29th, 2017: Puzzle Fighter community manager asks what character should be added. Regina receives lots of support

October 6th, 2017: Capcom Vancouver has Dino Crisis listed in Dead Rising 4's Capcom Heroes mode

October 22, 2017: (Rumor) Mikami_XKira (SFV Data Miner) lists Regina as a upcoming costume for SFV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While there's nothing mind blowing here or conclusive to post some sort of Dino Crisis return as a 100% probability. Currently it feels like the series is closer than ever before in returning to the gaming realm. If the XKira rumor itself holds true, it would be the first time since Dino Crisis 3 that Capcom Japan has ever touched the series and not just allowed Capcom Vancouver (Western Branch) to use it. That alone speaks volumes to me. For whatever reason Dino Crisis was always snubbed in any sort of crossover fare. Crossover fare that would include smaller series in both reception and sales. Whether this was just due to neglect or to position the franchise with a clean slate if it were to return is beyond me. Regardless, I wanted to share these developments with you all and get your input on the matter. I will post more Dino Crisis news/rumors/questions as I get it. Thank you all for keeping hope alive as we continue on a new platform.

tumblr_mcxwwvzUyP1qmzcsgo2_500.gif

Last edited:

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Now that RE7 took that franchise back toward horror from action, it'd be great if action RE could be carried forward with Dino Crisis. RE6 action with Dinos is the dream.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Capcom loves to lean on their IP for the sake of recognition. Capcom can barely keep SFV afloat; I doubt they would bring Dino Crisis back anytime soon without funding by another company.

lasthope106

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa USA
My time to shine lol. I would be happy if they just released the old Dino Crisis games in current systems. I think I made this exact same post in the other thread. Hey at least I'm consistent!

Last edited:

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I would say definitely. My gut reaction tells me they have been working on it once they saw how much god damn money Jurassic world made. They would honestly be dumb not to jump in on the dinosaur wagon exspecialky with it being not represented in the gaming space. It's honestly a slam dunk if done right, now the question is survival horror or action?

Columbina

Oct 25, 2017
Dino Crisis 4 by the Umbrella Corps team!

Edit: I'm just kidding! I wish the best for DC's return!!

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Jaw <3

Don't forget that post-MvC:I announcement Capcom made a press release about their plans to revive dormant franchises.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This dream has been dead since it became expensive and not worth it to be supporting two survival horror franchises and focusing on the one that actually sells.

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yes there seems to be a lot of homage to the series. I think with all their current struggles of certain ip successes or even struggling to launch megaman again. they are thinking what could be a seller. especially with current day tech and vr.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Dino Crisis hope and threads about Switch icons? Yep, this is home.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Thank you for the kind words and hope all.
To the naysayers I understand your concern. It's not anything big enough to go off 100%.....yet

Jaw <3

Don't forget that post-MvC:I announcement Capcom made a press release about their plans to revive dormant franchises.

Thank you. I knew there was one I was forgetting. Added to the OP.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Never give up hope!

As a mega man fan, I know what it's like to be at Capcom's neglectful mercy

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still with you on this one, Jaw. The Jurassic World franchise is putting dinos back in the zeitgeist. There's no better time than now.

Would love to see them take RE's action-based mechanics and apply them to this franchise.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bruh... the DMC folks have stretched some tidbits for DMC5 but this is stretching yourself all the way to the moon!

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I hope it doesn't happen, because I fear the dream of it happening is the only thing keeping you in this world.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Hahahaha, I knew exactly who this thread was from the second I saw the title.

Don't make me believe... I can't take the pain. =(

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
it does feel like dinosaurs are back in the zeitgeist lately

you have my deepest sympathies for casting your lot in with a capcom property though