Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman
    Member OP

A user on r/NintendoSwitch mentioned that all Direct Minis had a full Nintendo Direct following within a max. of 20 days. For reference he included the dates of the earlier Direct Minis and full Directs:

[​IMG]

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...it_with_a_grain_of_salt_each_direct_mini_has/

So, next Nintendo Direct on 31st of January?

PS: I've seen it posted in the Mini Direct-thread so I thought it would be better to post in a new thread than to fill up the other thread with it.

2. FiXalaS

FiXalaS

All sighs point to yes.

3. Grim Patron

Grim Patron
    Banned Member

itll be announced soon :)

4. Neoxon

Neoxon
    Community Resettler Member

I think Etika mentioned this in his recent video. I hope that’s the case.

5. Elfforkusu

Elfforkusu

6. JehutyRunner

JehutyRunner

Oh no. Here we go again (?).

7. Kolx

Kolx

We already had a thread like this that was closed.

8. Lilo_D

Lilo_D

I believe we will have a formal direct in next 20 days

9. Nakenorm

Nakenorm

Maybe, maybe not.
    Let's just wait and see please. We don't need another 400 page thread. People will just end up disappointed.

10. Resetti

Resetti

11. kirbyfan407

kirbyfan407

What would a full Direct include? More 3DS titles and Switch system-level stuff (online, app, Virtual Console, etc.)? New Switch hardware?

I don't see why it would happen, but it'll be cool if it does.

12. Vampirolol

Vampirolol

I think we should at least wait a week before opening a thread. Mini Direct wasn't even 24 hours ago...

13. Imran

Imran

It's like you people learn all the worst lessons.

14. Herb Alpert

Herb Alpert

You're all insane

15. Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

16. Rosur

Rosur

Yea as it was only a mini I do see a bigger one at the end of Jan begging of Feb.

17. Datajoy

Datajoy

This would be incredible if true. As a standalone early year Direct, yesterday’s mini was shit. But as a supplement to a full megaton-laden Direct, yesterday’s mini would be a delectable appetizer.

18. Zacmortar

Zacmortar

Just 16 more minutes!

19. Virtu Al

Virtu Al

This. Hype is fun, but I'd rather not have another wave of irrational doom and gloom based on the insanely high expectations of people not being satisfied.

20. Heyrule

Heyrule

Man I was so happy with all the little announcements in the mini and the pipeline for the next rfew months I’m fine waiting til spring or even E3. Between these titles and what’s available on eShop I’m up to my ears in great games but no time.

21. There's a direct in the next 480 hours.

[​IMG]

22. Vampirolol

Vampirolol

And what would they even announce? We already know the releases until E3.

23. I don't think so, but it would be a nice surprise. Though I hope we see one next month or March

24. Waffle

Waffle

I guess they could go over the other stuff that wasn't shown in the Direct mini and we know is coming out in the first half such as Wolfenstein and Bayonetta. Overall there was a lack of western dev support in the mini besides Payday 2.

25. RomanceDawn

RomanceDawn

For a moment I thought this was going to be the dumbest thread yet with some crazy theory. Though looking at those dates, I didn't even realize mini directs and regular directs all happened so close to one another.

26. RockmanBN

RockmanBN

oh no

27. Darkmark1987

Darkmark1987

Werent most of the mini directs, title specific though. Have we had any general mini direct followed quickly by a full one?

28. Ehoavash

Ehoavash

nahhhh don't see the point of doing a full direct so soon since we already seen all their release schedule for the first half of the year

Maybe we will get a "online service direct " next month detailing their new online service

29. LoyalPhoenix

LoyalPhoenix
    Banned Member

History of mini directs and a new slot opening on that direct page point to yes.

See you all in the next January Direct lmao

30. RomanceDawn

RomanceDawn

This is a good question and I demand it be answered!

31. Nathan.exe

Nathan.exe

In 20 days ? I don't know. But soon ? Yes. I mean, we're only the 11th, and some people think they already have announced all the games available until June...

11 minutes !

32. Redcrayon

Redcrayon

I suspect they used the mini to get all the ports out of the way so they can focus people’s attention on a couple of the original projects they’ve got coming up during the main Direct.

33. Argot

Argot

This can't be happening.

34. Maximo

Maximo

I feel like people are just setting themselves up.

35. Mbolibombo

Mbolibombo

Really wasnt

36. Whitemex

Whitemex

Let the hype begin!!
    Where my boy Chibi?

37. AaronC

AaronC

Maybe. But I don't think so. It felt like the one yesterday covered a range of first-party and third-party stuff; big games and smaller, rather than having a set focus. So I'm not sure what realistic purpose another Direct so soon would have. Bigger second-half 2018 titles will be announced at E3, and the online service has seemingly been kicked into the long grass.

38. Manggei

Manggei

Oh, next all hail Burning Chibi Overlord thread incoming :)

39. Shugga

Shugga

NO

STOP

40. Yoshi

Yoshi
    Banned Member

On a related note, within 24 months of every Nintendo Direct, there was a Zelda release.

41. Smashwidget

Smashwidget

We still don't know anything about Yoshi or Fire Emblem. Yoshi in particular is supposed to release early in the year.

42. BumbaT BrowN

BumbaT BrowN

January Nintendo Direct 2: Electric Boogaloo

43. ShiftaDeband

ShiftaDeband

Oh, wow. That is pretty much confirmation. This is legit.

44. Elfforkusu

Elfforkusu

People are going to be disappointed no matter what. We got TWEWY back and DK:TF off the wretched pile of flies and ashes known as the Wii U -- the Direct Mini was a smashing success.

So, choo choo

45. hjort

hjort

Ten minutes to go!!!!

Sorry, can't help it.

46. Bonejack

Bonejack

While i won't agree that there's another Direct soon to be shown, the Mini-Direct's video description on Youtube clearly said "Selected Titles", so no, we probably have not seen the full schedule for Q1 and Q2 2018.

47. HERE WE GO AGAIN

48. woman

woman
    Banned Member

A lot of these aren't even real nintendo directs.

the direct on july 30 was just a japanese dqx presentation

jan 8 was just pokemon

april 3 was tomodachi life

november 12 was monster hunter

etc.

49. ShiftaDeband

ShiftaDeband

I think this is important to read. From the direct mini thread:

50. marc^o^

marc^o^

Seems likely, at the very least to give exposure to upcoming Indie games. Inside in particular deserves its minute of fame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.