• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolwhip

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lets hope so. This was not the megaton start Nintendo needs to sell 20 million this year.

This would be incredible if true. As a standalone early year Direct, yesterday's mini was shit. But as a supplement to a full megaton-laden Direct, yesterday's mini would be a delectable appetizer.

A comment on reddit compared it with a lottery: If you win twice, first a million dollars and after a few weeks like 10,000 dollars, you don't feel that happy about the 10,000. But if you win 10,000 first and then the million it's just getting better.

Shirke

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm pretty sure they'll be something to talk about Yoshi since it's probably a title for the first half of the year and also quickly mention Bayonetta 1+2 for February and possibly Xenoblade 2 DLC for this month.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
dark souls, twewy, and dkctf are substantial announcements. i don't think anything was meant to follow.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
This mini felt like a ton of stuff too and basically covered the next 6 months, but the thought of a more full Direct has crossed my mind. A Nindies one too.

IDK

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
...what about E3?

I bet they are holding off Fire Emblem, AC, Pokemon and Metroid Prime 4 stuff for June. And that's not shocking at all. We have January to May covered. Notice that all the dates we got were March, May or Spring. Nothing about Summer and Fall. IMO that means they will announce a lot ot stuff at E3.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Id like to be pleasantly surprised. But tbh, I don't see it happened unless it's a highly focused direct on just one game or something. I think around E3 will be the next big direct/blowout.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
A comment on reddit compared it with a lottery: If you win twice, first a million dollars and after a few weeks like 10,000 dollars, you don't feel that happy about the 10,000. But if you win 10,000 first and then the million it's just getting better.
Haha no doubt. If you announce Donkey Kong 3D Planet first, then no one will care about the Tropical Freeze port announcement. Gotta give the little fish their moment in the sun.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it will happen in January, it would make more sense for the next Direct to happen in February or March, with news on other titles that fill out Spring and Summer, there could be an indies direct too that might push this main direct til April. We should definitely expect one months before E3.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Thread locked for same reason the previous thread was locked.

Once there are any credible rumours or announcement, feel free to create a thread about that Direct specifically then.

Status
Not open for further replies.