• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
  • Ubisoft put up a new E3 teaser video for For Honor. Their E3 showing is supposed to include two new heroes and some other very surprising stuff.
  • One of the new heroes was teased in the video. Reddit user In_My_Own_Image made the below gif of a teaser for one of the new heroes.
  • Reddit user BadAtAllThings noted that the new hero is left handed, and that both their sword and arm guard look like visually updated versions of the prince of Persia's original design. For example, the sword is similar, but now has an exaggerated version of the traditional up and down swirl hilt of a Persian scimitar, and the armband retains the Prince's color scheme and studded nature. See the other below image for that.
  • Ubisoft has noted that one of the new heroes they're making is very special and is the best one they have ever made.
  • The new map they're on seems to have desert plants and those curved painted doorways you might associate with the region. There's also a new CG trailer with what looks like a sandstorm in it.
  • Ubisoft recently added Sam Fisher to Ghost Recon and Ezio's house to Rainbow Six (with even the Assassin's symbols in tact), so this wouldn't be out of the ordinary for them.
  • Finally, this seems to be the most effort they've ever put into teasing a new hero.
What do you think?

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/c...nor_e3_teaser_trailer_discussion_and/dzu0ioa/

headertesf5.jpg

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I believe it and I hope it happens. They aren't gonna make me a new game. So might as well put the series to use somewhere else.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe they're ever going to make another new PoP game, but this would be a pretty neat 'Easter egg' were they to include him. Could they make a middle Eastern faction in the game or is it still only samurai, knights & vikings?

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
Still going to say that I loved Prince of Persia 2008 and hope that they at least recognize it somewhere eventually.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe they're ever going to make another new PoP game, but this would be a pretty neat 'Easter egg' were they to include him. Could they make a middle Eastern faction in the game or is it still only samurai, knights & vikings?
They've historically just shoved other factions into the existing ones. Like all the Romans are in Knights.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn I would kill for a new linear Prince of Persia. There's just no way Ubisoft would greenlight it though :(

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

It very well could be cross promotion for a future game. But even if not, it's honestly better than nothing. It keeps the franchise is players mind, and maybe it'll be really popular and well received and Ubisoft will look at reviving the franchise.

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who misses the series and has been wanting a new entry for over a decade this would be such a kick in the balls. But it's Ubisoft... So yea it wouldn't surprise me at all.

SCB360

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why have we not got a new PoP yet, 2008 was alright, it had unique art style as well

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I rather they dont do this. Stop digging up dead bodies of heroes and putting them on strings for some demented brownie points to try and sell your generic faceless games, and instead maybe do proper revivals? Also dont they have to ask permission to use the Prince since they dont own the franchise? Would be a waste to go through the effort of getting the ability to use him just for a DLC cameo. Honestly thinking about Ubisoft just depresses me.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what the rest of the trailer is like but the gif also appears to have time slow down/stop and that was like the whole thing with the reboot series, or am I reading too much into that?