• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
After bayo 1&2 sell really well, I just don't see why Sega would not want to port Vanquish to the switch, but could the switch handle it at 60 fps?

Also, handheld concerns me.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
I recall Vanquish being more demanding than Bayonetta mainly due the approximation of all the ballistic hitboxes and trajectories during combat, alongside the huge number of characters in single scenes, and the insane abundance of particle effects. Both 360 and PS3 builds were 30fps with dips at 720p. Given the pressure on (I assume?) the CPU, I can't imagine the Switch being able to easily hit 720p 60fps.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if they optimized the crap out of it. Vanquish's recommended requirements on Steam are a little bit lower than Bayonetta's. I would doubt it though, Nintendo is the one paying for the Bayonetta ports, not Sega

Status
Not open for further replies.