• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Alright, get ready for a massive reach:

Yesterday, Suda51 posted in his Twitter account that one of the legendary shirts in Travis Strikes Back would be based in... Jet Set Radio?

Seems a little weird considering there's a shit ton of more popular SEGA IPs out there, or IPs in general. Still, that's not all, since Insert Coin (gaming-related online clothes store) announced that they'll be doing some Jet Set Radio merchandising.

There's also Beat, Gum and Professor K being on SEGA Heroes, and SEGA acknowledging JetSetRadioLive (basically a fan-run real Jet Set Radio which y'all should check out because it's fantastic), it's all just so sudden considering that the only things we got in the last decade is a remaster and a few cameos.

If I had to bet, they're adding Jet Set Radio's forgotten mobile port to SEGA Forever, or they're porting JSR to the Switch and hopefully modern consoles. I want to be optimistic, so I think a Future remaster or even a new game are possible.

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
At the very least I'd say it'll be the first Dreamcast game announced for Sega Ages.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just Sega doing some fan-service by dusting old IPs, but it would be amazing getting a sequel to JSRF, or at least a port/remaster.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a coincidence. The Insert Coin clothing just seem like lazy reprints of shirts they had years ago. Pretty sure I bought a Beat style shirt from there back in the day. These just look slightly updated.

Would love a new JSR though. One of my favourite series of all time.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Probably just Sega doing some fan-service by dusting old IPs, but it would be amazing getting a sequel to JSRF, or at least a port/remaster.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. Video game companies have trotted out dormant franchises before like this. Microsoft did it with Banjo-Kazooie (plush dolls, Totaku figures, skins in Viva Pinata and Sea of Thieves) and Konami has done it a lot with Castlevania, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill with skins in Super Bomberman R and those awful pachinko machines.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Reading this thread has made me nostalgic enough to listen once again to JSRF ost.
If we ever get a port, i hope they manage to get all the song licenses back. (except maybe birthday cake)

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Don't just play with my hearstrings OP!

All I really want is JSRF on modern platforms. Even though I've finally got an Xbox to play it on, it still needs to happen.

Reading this thread has made me nostalgic enough to listen once again to JSRF ost.
If we ever get a port, i hope they manage to get all the song licenses back. (except maybe birthday cake)
Birthday Cake is unironically the sleeper hit of the OST.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
JSRF, on Switch. Is that too much to ask for?

A new game would be even better, if you're feeling generous Sega...

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just want Sega to acknowledge Jet Set Radio Future. is that too much to ask?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Will you accept Jet Set Royale?
1363.gif

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Don't just play with my hearstrings OP!

All I really want is JSRF on modern platforms. Even though I've finally got an Xbox to play it on, it still needs to happen.

Birthday Cake is unironically the sleeper hit of the OST.
I've always been more partial to Aisle 10 and Not an model.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'd love to see remasters on Switch. I think if there were a new game it would be a timed Switch exclusive too.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Suda51 also promised us a Shadows of the Damned sequel, and I'm going to be rather optimistic about that too until we see it.

Still, it would be great to see a Jet Set Radio 3 with Suda 51 at the wheel. It reminds me of the good ol' days when Sega had some really kicking titles.

I miss PSO...