• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
EDIT: Replaced with better pictures from DemonCarnotaur 's thread!
uDITWvf.jpg

lHDe2QL.jpg

Source here

From the site:
SONIC BOOM!

You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone in the world who isn't familiar with SEGA's beloved IP, Sonic the Hedgehog. But global reverence does come with a unique price.In creating a licensing and packaging program to be used worldwide and to be applied against targeting multiple audience demographics, it was necessary to strike a balance between staying true to the Sonic brand, while appealing to a global audience, and differentiating from previous Sonic merchandise packaging.

The challenge of creating a global licensing and packaging program targeted to multiple demographics came with several strategic requirements: 1) signal a new modern take on the brand without abandoning its core essence, 2) appeal to a worldwide audience and 3) clearly differentiate from previous merchandising efforts.

Our approach was to create a system that was versatile and modular, so that various Sonic IPs including Classic Sonic, Modern Sonic, Film Sonic, Animation Sonic, and other events couldbe integratingintegrate seamlessly within the baseline packaging look.

Scroll down to see the final established packaging look HCI created for all of the licensed retail products within the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise!
EDIT:
Movie version apparently leaked as well!
IeGHoM7.jpg

It looks like a guy in a costume from an amusement park :/

Last edited:

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
"I gotta go fast!"
-the blood pouring from my eyes.

Jk. It's not as bad as I thought it'd be.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Looks real. Could be a prototype though

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Im not exactly sure why the film necessitated a realistic design. I mean isnt Sonic an alien, why cant he have his more cartoon look

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, it looks fine. Honestly, I see no reason for any hubbub, it just looks like CGI Sonic.

shiftplusone

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the thread title written like a fucking AdSense article

It's upsetting that you're asking this like you're an algorithm

Also that Sonic suuucks

Cynn

Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind it honesty. It's about as close as you could get and be in the realm of our earth. His skin colored torso is a bit big though. It goes down too far on his body. lol

He doesn't even have gloves. That's white fur on his hands. lmao

Yeah it's weird. He wears shoes so why not gloves?

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lmao

If he was still gonna have big cartoony eyes, why not just.... oh nevermind.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The way his hair just kinda stops between his eyebrows reminds me of hair rendering from last gen.

edit: or hair from a Bethesda game.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm kinda disappointed that it doesn't look worse honestly.
The early leaks prepared me for something more grandiose.