• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Why is the thread title written like a fucking AdSense article

It's upsetting that you're asking this like you're an algorithm
Well cause if I say "NEW SONIC DESIGN CONFIRMED! CLICK NOW!" then people would be upset because I could have been mistaken right? Needless to say I reported the thread to fix up the title after I realized how awful it looks.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
It's not really uncanny valley shitlike, it's just really boring and without charisma. Some old ass executive thought it needed some "western appeal" like Pixar probably, but it just looks like an emotionless doll without the attitude.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I thought it was going to be WAYYYY worse. Seeing his legs in the poster, and some concepts that were done based on his shadow'ed silhouette prepared me to be disgusted.

That thing is at least somewhat palatable to me. For some reason I was expecting beady eyes...

Last edited:

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
Not bad. Its distinct from the tired old Dreamworks, Illumination, Disney CGI they shovel out constantly >.>

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
tag urself, i'm irreverrent and sarcastic

D02ZyY9XQAA26xZ.png

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
It looks bad but it also looks like I can get behind it lol.

I like the way he actually looks furry because it's hedgehog like. I always thought the silky-smooth silicon-like look to Sonic looked super crappy in the modern era.

What I don't like is that they reuzed the Sonic 06 pose for it.

b3232c0b030d3a3c8c42cfb1cfd9a0d3

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The face isn't offensive but it has zero personality. Looks like your typical furry drawing. The human like limbs are what really kills it.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of impressive that they made something so similar and recognizable but also worse. It's like they took every element of the design and found a worse version of it.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Looks about as good as you could possibly do with realistic sonic. Not exactly sure what people were expecting here.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know why he's not wearing gloves. Did they think it wasn't believable? But shoes are???? Also like how incredibly basic his shoes are, couldn't even give it something like a buckle or velco strap to give it the signature white stripe.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
ugh

the face is probably the best they could do, but that body... those limbs.... the white "glove" hands
did nobody stand up and say the glove hands were stupid during any of this production?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It looks terrible. Like a mashup of 90s pudgy Sonic and 00s lanky Sonic with realistic human limbs.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I clicked on this thread and all I heard was horrific screaming.

And then I realized it was me.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just threw up a little in my mouth.

It's worse than my worst mental depiction I could imagine.