• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Update added some QoL stuff for Danger Zone...

Does anyone really play it? I spent five minutes in que before giving up and just doing some DM instead.

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

same picks as most people i guess :E

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
fake news. it took me an entire half to warm up on a map today and it was disgustingly bad.

raw

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
even tho I rarely play CS anymore, I still put a few hours in DM every week. Can't let the aim go

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I respect the reverse jinx lol
This will go real good or real badly lol. I want Astralis to win, but brain over heart. Gonna be happy either way. I'll either watch Astralis win or I'll get the diamond coin with a Liquid win.
everyone else gets it right, but that wouldn't feel special anymore. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

imagine NiP/RNG/Faze winning during the quarters...

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
What if we're all getting bamboozled and this turns out to be S1mple's first major win? 👀

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
What if we're all getting bamboozled and this turns out to be S1mple's first major win? 👀
If his teammates keep performing like this, he very well could. I would be very happy for the guy, after refusing moves to MiBR and FaZe, trying to figure things out with NaVi instead of joining a super team, it would pretty cool if he won it.

Xizk

Oct 26, 2017
If we only could get a NIP vs ENCE final now. Finnish CS is back.

Last edited:

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello! Sorry to bother you all, but I'm new to the CS:GO competitive scene. I'm just very curious why it seems there's nothing that could challenge the Finnish esports organization that goes by the name "ENCE Esports"? Everything just seems to be so easy for them!

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Renegades royally fucked up their pick/ban. Don't know if it was out of fear or if they tried to get too cute, but picking Dust2 instead of Cache and Mirage over Inferno was a big mistake.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
The Swiss rounds were actually interesting, so it would be fitting that the quarterfinals all go 2-0. Hopefully the semis are somewhat more competitive.
Most of the matches were close tho, even NIP gave Astralis a run for their money on Dust2 and almost pulled a comeback. I would say the matches have been pretty good so far

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
That's because it's hard to fluke into the playoffs with the current format. It indeed gives us closer games. Gimme that Astralis back to back major! Or S1mple's first major win! Or something about the boys!

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Many of the maps in the 2-0 were pretty tight. In London, the quarterfinal 2-0s were mostly stomps.
Most of the matches were close tho, even NIP gave Astralis a run for their money on Dust2 and almost pulled a comeback. I would say the matches have been pretty good so far
No, you're right, each of the quarterfinal matches had one match that was close and looked like it was going one way until a team flipped it. But it still lacks the drama of a 1-1 sudden death match where both teams are tense knowing it's all on the line. The biggest problem is that Astralis makes it feel like a foregone conclusion from the very first round of the tournament. 16-6, 16-0, 16-2, 16-2... they've just been stomping teams into the ground all tournament. OK, they have the overtime loss to Renegades, along with a 16-9 that never felt that close, and nearly giving up a map to NIP where they still managed to look dominant; they're just head, shoulders, torso and knees above every other team in the world right now. The best drama is ENCE advancing over Liquid because it gives us a new matchup to look forward to in ENCE vs. NaVi (they've met once before and NaVi won, but ENCE has looked really solid so far). I'm still predicting Astralis NaVi for the finals and Astralis wins it without dropping another map in either round, but we'll see.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
hope Astralis doesn't simply walk over MiBR, that would be such a let down after this incredible game.