• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Manage to get a few games in, compared to other BR games it's pretty meh but it's counter strike

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Been pulling my hair out for the last hour trying to get the game to work and then check reddit and apparently the update broke it for AMD and intel chips. well at least its not just me

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Uh, I've been searching on ResetEra for the last five minutes and could not find the Danger Zone announcement thread.... the only thread I found when searching for 'Danger Zone' was locked by a mod without a link to the other thread.

I just wanted to say that Danger Zone has some great ideas! The drones, portable computer, hostages, are all great ideas for the genre.
It doesn't really feel like a battle royale though.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, I've been searching on ResetEra for the last five minutes and could not find the Danger Zone announcement thread.... the only thread I found when searching for 'Danger Zone' was locked by a mod without a link to the other thread.

I just wanted to say that Danger Zone has some great ideas! The drones, portable computer, hostages, are all great ideas for the genre.
I don't really know why my thread was locked. I don't believ the new update has its own OT?

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ

I don't really know why my thread was locked. I don't believ the new update has its own OT?

Here is the announcement thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/counter-strike-go-now-free-to-play-adds-battle-royale-mode.85538/

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
So, how is everyone finding Danger Zone?

I'm having a lot of fun so far, but I suck so the closest I've gotten is 4th.

G59

Nov 1, 2017
U.S.
So, how is everyone finding Danger Zone?

I'm having a lot of fun so far, but I suck so the closest I've gotten is 4th.

I know most people are hating on it but I actually enjoy it. I was really into CS years ago but just started playing other stuff and this has brought me back. Now I find myself rotating between two very hated modes/games... CS Danger Zone and BFV.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah so, Danger Zone is actually a lot of fun, I love playing it.

Diversion grenade is key.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13506

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Why am I still getting 2-3 games per week where the game starts with a missing player on my team (or the other team)? Seems like the game only checks if the 10 players connect, and starts even if some drop prior to the first round beginning. How hard is that to get right?

And to add to that, the bot does not seem to listen to 'hold' command. A lot of the time it would be far preferable for the bot to sit in spawn instead of running down the middle of the map.

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
Man lost 3 MM games in a row due to walling, some of my teammates are so toxic too. Goddamn what Valve has done to CSGO?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Why am I still getting 2-3 games per week where the game starts with a missing player on my team (or the other team)? Seems like the game only checks if the 10 players connect, and starts even if some drop prior to the first round beginning. How hard is that to get right?

And to add to that, the bot does not seem to listen to 'hold' command. A lot of the time it would be far preferable for the bot to sit in spawn instead of running down the middle of the map.
If I remember correctly, they deliberately made the bot like that to combat malicious vote kicking, and encourage playing as a full squad.

Deleted member 13506

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Valve really needs to ramp up efforts to prevent cheating. New skins and snowball fights are fun, but it would be really nice to be able to queue comp without cheaters.

It would also be nice if those without a mic were relegated to a queue with others who don't have a mic.

OP
OP
Overdoziz

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
I can probably count the amount of cheaters I've run into on two hands. Especially these days it's seems fine if you've got decent trustfactor.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely play anymore, but when I do I mostly play ESEA, so thankfully cheaters aren't much of a problem.

Deleted member 13506

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Steamworks Development - Steam - 2018 Year in Review

Steam Trust: The technology behind Trusted Matchmaking on CS:GO is getting an upgrade and will become a full Steam feature that will be available to all games. This means you'll have more information that you can use to help determine how likely a player is a cheater or not.

I really hope this "upgrade" addresses some of the many issues with matchmaking. Otherwise this is just extending a broken mess.

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017
how bad is mm at the higher ranks now, with f2p and everything?
~2 years of rank decay is brutal (also i fucking suck now), so i've got some grinding to do

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing again last week, haven't played in over a year and it's fucking brutal. Haven't dipped back in on MM yet, says I need to complete a match to display my rank again. I might later tonight, solo queue sucks but most of my guys don't play anymore. I'm so rusty and inconsistent though, need to keep grinding away.

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017

i'm fucked
8p3RLb.png

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
So, apparently there's this thing that blocks you from joining public lobbies after a while.

This basically forces you to play solo q and we all know how this works out (at least in Europe).

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
For me it's usually really good.

Everybody has a mic, more often so even a TS server. It's mostly groups looking for one or two stand ins.

And when you play in Europe it's likely that solo q will team you up with people not speaking your language, sometimes not even English. The lobbies indicate where the players are from, so that's a plus.

Definitely preferable to solo q when my usual crew is not around.

Deleted member 13506

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
For me it's usually really good.

Everybody has a mic, more often so even a TS server. It's mostly groups looking for one or two stand ins.

And when you play in Europe it's likely that solo q will team you up with people not speaking your language, sometimes not even English. The lobbies indicate where the players are from, so that's a plus.

Definitely preferable to solo q when my usual crew is not around.

Not so much a problem in NA, but I've never understood why Valve hasn't implemented language and mic preferences. I'll gladly wait longer for a match if everyone has a mic and speaks English.

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I need to do pick em now to get my souvenirs
Anyone keep up with the pro scene? what would be a safe first round?