• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Just came here to say that it's been amazing to see ENCE making it's way all the way to the final.

Those streaks have been amazing. Astralis is a massive hurdle still though.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
ENCE made it to the final?

giphy.gif

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Phew, Astralis to the finals. Some rounds were way too close. Can't believe they pulled that eco win off on Inferno with USPs and a Deagle.

Glaive on B is disgusting. Glaive AND Xyp9x on Banana is just unfair.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
MiBR lost the series on that Overpass. They had Astralis where they wanted, but when you're playing Australis you can't afford to make any mistakes. Hope the Final is good tomorrow, we had some good games today.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
We're either getting the Ence miracle run, going from 0-2 in groups to beating the best, second best and third best team in the world to win their first major or Astralis getting the back to back major win to show why they're the absolute best team ever.

I'm surprised Ence plays well on almost every map.

haozz

Nov 7, 2017
I turned the stream off after Overpass. Mibr had to win that map. They got owned so many times sitting on the railing behind the blocks on B site.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Magisk has been a big boi this tournament. He has a good final map and it's his imo.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for them to give it to device though after all these eco frags.

So has anyone here managed to NOT get a diamond coin if you bought the viewer pass?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Worth the loss of a package lol. Everyone has one anyways when going with Astralis. :^)

Best team ever in CS:GO.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't done them recently. This was my first one in a while. When they first started they didn't even have diamond, it stopped at gold.

Cologne 2014- Silver
Dreamhack 2014- Silver
Katowice 2015- Gold
Cologne 2015- Gold
Katowice 2019- Diamond

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How are they so fucking good at everything. Astonishing
They have a professional organization behind them and actually live their life pro athletes. Other teams need to follow suit. Other teams might wake up at noon and order a pizza before practising, Astralis wake up at 7am and go on a jog and then go through strats.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
They have a professional organization behind them and actually live their life pro athletes. Other teams need to follow suit. Other teams might wake up at noon and order a pizza before practising, Astralis wake up at 7am and go on a jog and then go through strats.

North do this too. Even kicked niko coz he was fat. No joke.

Still trash.

edit: Magisk got MVP. Deserved imo.

Last edited:

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018

Almost every single pro team does this nowadays. ENCE would never have gotten this far if they didn't.

This is just badmouthing other dedicated pros.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I did pickems. Was it always this EZ to get diamond?
Not really. They changed the format so we don't get those ridiculous matches anymore in the first stage. Also, Astralis being super consistent and the best team ever made things a lot easier for the playoffs.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
How are they so fucking good at everything. Astonishing
As many pointed out they have a very professional way of approaching the game, but this becoming a common theme among the top teams tbh.

This Astralis team they have great players that fit really well together, amazing chemistry, coaching, and in-game leading. But what makes them special imo, it's that they are and play very smart, down to an individual level. Counter-Strike is a game about making decisions, especially in the mid-round, and as a team and individually, they just make better decisions than everyone else. They don't peak when they don't have to, they don't advance without a reason, they rarely waste utilities, so they never open a pixel without a bang or someone right behind to trade. They never go crazy chasing eco frags, they don't like giving weapons up and understand the value of staying alive and saving money. They also manage their economy very well..

That's what makes them the goat imo, it's not this one big thing, but a combination of small things they do better than anyone else, and it adds up during the course of a match.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
As many pointed out they have a very professional way of approaching the game, but this becoming a common theme among the top teams tbh.

This Astralis team they have great players that fit really well together, amazing chemistry, coaching, and in-game leading. But what makes them special imo, it's that they are and play very smart, down to an individual level. Counter-Strike is a game about making decisions, especially in the mid-round, and as a team and individually, they just make better decisions than everyone else. They don't peak when they don't have to, they don't advance without a reason, they rarely waste utilities, so they never open a pixel without a bang or someone right behind to trade. They never go crazy chasing eco frags, they don't like giving weapons up and understand the value of staying alive and saving money. They also manage their economy very well..

That's what makes them the goat imo, it's not this one big thing, but a combination of small things they do better than anyone else, and it adds up during the course of a match.

Absolutely. It just is a game based on a team of five, so each individual player can make or break a match. They do play super smart and don't take any risks at all. I like their style as they're pretty much outsmarting every other team but I can see why a lot of people consider their style boring.

Demption

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why I can't find competitive games as lvl 2? Just searched for 20 minutes but nothing. Every other mode works.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Why I can't find competitive games as lvl 2? Just searched for 20 minutes but nothing. Every other mode works.
Think you need to be level 3 to play ranked.

Absolutely. It just is a game based on a team of five, so each individual player can make or break a match. They do play super smart and don't take any risks at all. I like their style as they're pretty much outsmarting every other team but I can see why a lot of people consider their style boring.
I think what people find boring is not their style of play, but the fact that they win everything. Kind of like the Warriors in the NBA, they play some beautiful unselfish basketball, but at the start of the season you know how it's going to end, so it takes a little of the fun out it.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR

That chemistry can't be overstated. Teams think that you need to go the Faze route and just get all the top players. But there's something to be said for a consistent roster. Now, obviously the players themselves have to be individually talented, and Astralis most definitely are. But they've also been playing together for years. Magisk is the most recent addition; he's been there more than a year. Glaive has been with them for over 2 years. The other three have been playing together for 6+ years. You can't force that kind of chemistry by just acquiring big names as they become available. It also makes it really hard to build a team to contend with Astralis, because all the practice in the world isn't going to give you the same experience as half a decade playing with a group of people and learning the way they approach situations so you can react on the fly and have faith in what they're going to do.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Latest update is great. Put -d3d9ex into the launch options and alt-tabbing is instantly.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Biiiiiiiiiig patch tonight focused on the economy. The biggest change is 100% the reset protection they've added. If you're on the 4 loss bonus, win the next round but then lose the next to get "reset" it will instead give you the 3 round loss bonus.

AUG back to 3300. M4A1s had 5 bullets added to the clip + more in reserve.

Oh and some shitty skins.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like the economy changes, a little afraid that the team that is on a roll might be the only one getting reset now, a weird proposition. Not a big fan of the flash assist too, just because it gives too much information to the other team.

The skins look really nice tho

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone asking for these economy changes? This is the third (?) time now that they fuck around with this? Why??

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
Played CS for the first time in god knows how long. Few rounds of DM, followed by a game of Wingman yesterday. I am super rusty, but man I still love CS.

An being called a hacker 8 rounds in in Wingman tells me at least I didn't totally forget how to play this.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Loved Vertigo back in the day, playing with 32 in the server was all kinds of fuckery, especially when you still had that ladder that dropped you inside T base.

Don't think it's a good map for competitive play tho, ramps are just awful and you got 2 of them now.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Doesn't seem like anyone is watching the StarSeries tourney in China (the time difference makes it hard to watch live), but Simple just pulled off an absolutely insane 1v4 AWP clutch to complete an ace, and NaVi ended up going on to win a map that it looked like they were poised to lose. Absolutely bonkers shit. Found a Youtube link (not my upload).