• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I saw that clutch, s1mple is so good. It felt like Ence had them and that clutch changed the map and also the series by the looks of it.

eletronic also picked a good time to return to form.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
I need to watch some vods of SL7, very curious to see if North played well or if it was just FaZe / MiBR showing that they desperately need to do something with their rosters. By the way, impressed by Fnatic 2 - 0'ing NRG even with KRIMZ not being godlike, Brollan is clicking.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I need to watch some vods of SL7, very curious to see if North played well or if it was just FaZe / MiBR showing that they desperately need to do something with their rosters. By the way, impressed by Fnatic 2 - 0'ing NRG even with KRIMZ not being godlike, Brollan is clicking.
While FaZe didn't play well and MiBR has been ass since the major, North actually played really well. From time to time at a LAN they remind you how skilled they actually are, too bad they can't do it consistently. But they can get hot and make some runs, that's for sure.

MJnR

Mar 13, 2019
While FaZe didn't play well and MiBR has been ass since the major, North actually played really well. From time to time at a LAN they remind you how skilled they actually are, too bad they can't do it consistently. But they can get hot and make some runs, that's for sure.
Dunno, it's clear that the ball is with aizy at this point. If he performs, like he did this week then the whole team seems to flow better and decent. Still, they seem to suffer a lot with cadiaN poor decision-making and their 0 - 16 and 1 - 16 maps against NRG and FNATIC shows that they are prone to snowballing mistakes.

As a North fan since their formation, I'm somewhat happy with this result though, Fnatic is playing super well.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tournaments are so much more interesting when Astralis isnt dicking down everyone.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
20190413001954_1x3jdj.png

Woohoo?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Noice. Only one more rank to go bruh.

I miss the days where I actually had good aim. Now I'm using meme weapons like the R8 Revolver lol. Headshots are satisfying though when I ever get one.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Liquid should intentionally lose the last match to get MIBR in the final rather than Astralis.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
When was the last time Astralis went 0-3 on a day? Unbelievable. The game against Liquid was really, really good too.

So, looking like Liquid and Faze in the finals. I got Liquid in that matchup.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
December 2017, with kjaerbye and RUBINO

DglMShZ.png
I'm surprised it was that recent, although they were playing with a stand-in, which is always problematic. Still, weren't they at the top of the leaderboard today (tied 2-0 with Liquid but more rounds in favor)? They went from first to fourth on the back of one awful day. There's something to be said for this format producing more upsets; I like it.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
NiKo is going to miss group stages at IEM Sydney because of Visa issues. That seems like a big deal for FaZe even making it out of the group stage. I like Janko as an analyst, but as a player/coach standing in for one of the best players in the world? The rest of FaZe is really going to have to step up. They're basically playing 5 on 4 against any decent team.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
tough break for FaZe. While Yanko didn't actually play that bad, not having NiKo would throw any team off. Hope FaZe can hang around tho until they can figure NiKo's visa

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The framerate on the new BR is terrible. I'm getting drops into the 40s. Also they combined squads and solos, so you solo against teams.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
anyone know what the blast pro series format is like? looking at attending the event in LA but its listed as only one day, July 13th. its not only a one day event, is it? need to know how many days so i know how long to book a hotel for.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
anyone know what the blast pro series format is like? looking at attending the event in LA but its listed as only one day, July 13th. its not only a one day event, is it? need to know how many days so i know how long to book a hotel for.
Everyone plays each other, the best 2 teams go to the finals.

Don't know about the LA one, but usually in the Blast you have a few games on Friday(not sure those are open to the public), then you have the remaining games on Saturday alongside the final and the showmatch.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone plays each other, the best 2 teams go to the finals.

Don't know about the LA one, but usually in the Blast you have a few games on Friday(not sure those are open to the public), then you have the remaining games on Saturday alongside the final and the showmatch.
Ah sweet, thank you.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
HLTV lists it as the 12th and 13th. Other Blast series events have had the play-in plus the first two rounds on Friday with the remaining three rounds and the Grand Final on Saturday, so I would expect that to be the case in LA as well.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
i only caught the last couple of rounds to see ence take down astralis. was astralis just not playing their game or has ence just progressed that much? little bit of both?

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
cs_summit has started. It's the best tournament of the season, because it's like a LAN party in someone's garage but they tricked the best teams in the world into attending. Fuck all that grandiose stadium "fiery explosions whenever the bomb goes off" bombastic nonsense; I want to see teams huddled together in rooms that remind me of a college dorm. It's honest counter-strike dammit.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Don't think you can claim that when Astralis/Na'Vi/FaZe are not attending. Nevertheless, it's a pretty cool tournament.
Liquid and ENCE are better than NaVi and FaZe. And Astralis is washed.... OK, that's not true. But even so, getting 2 of the top 3 teams in the world to a LAN at someone's house is a pretty impressive feat, and the intimate environment makes the matches more entertaining because the guys will just talk mad shit to each other between matches. It's great fun from a spectator perspective.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Vitality. Zywoo is a monster and it will be fun if this team can expand on this and start challenging for big titles.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
vitality have been looking very sharp since the start of group stage and its like they never let off the gas.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Liquid finally won a tournament! And thanks to Astralis making the decision to not actually compete in anything any more (and losing the last couple LANs they did go to), Liquid ends up ranked #1 in the world, though I'm pretty sure everyone is calling Astralis the favorite whenever they're in a tournament. It was an exciting final too; Liquid starts out strong and then spends the next two maps looking like they're destined to fall short yet again. Honestly, it's kind of a breath of fresh air that Astralis isn't just dominating every event and we get to see up and coming teams like ENCE, Vitality and FURIA have a chance to shine on a larger stage.

Nemesis-T Type

Alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
I was watching some CSGO on twitch today for the first time.

I havnt played CS since CS Source and how come all these competition matches are 5v5? Is that all csgo is?

I remember css and 1.6 had like 32 player servers so it could be 16v16

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
I was watching some CSGO on twitch today for the first time.

I havnt played CS since CS Source and how come all these competition matches are 5v5? Is that all csgo is?

I remember css and 1.6 had like 32 player servers so it could be 16v16
Competetive CS has been 5v5 since it's early days in 1.6

There's still a server browser in CSGO with all sorts of different modes and playercounts. My personal favourites are the surf and 1v1 servers.
Also they added a BR mode last year and released a new map for it just recently.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I started playing competitively in 1.3 and even then it was 5v5. The format was different tho, it was time instead of round based, so it was a mess. But a fun one.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I started playing competitively in 1.3 and even then it was 5v5. The format was different tho, it was time instead of round based, so it was a mess. But a fun one.
Those early days of competitive CS were ridiculous. Time-based, so the Ts were just incentivized to do a full-on rush every single round to maximize the number of rounds they could play (and therefore theoretically increase the number of rounds they might win). It was a mess tactically, but it made for some crazy moments; it was just like people playing CS as if it were team deathmatch in Quake. If you've seen clips from JohnnyR's insane CT AWP pushing on de_dust and wondered why the Ts just kept bumrushing constantly, that's why.

But, yeah, as others have said, competitive CS has always been 5v5 outside a couple of one-off tournaments that were 2v2 or similar. There's never been a competitive match played with 10+ people on each team because that would be mental. It's fun in a pub but it would never work at the pro level.