• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
If you told me 2 months ago that Furia, North and Vitality would advance to the semifinals over Astralis, MIBR and NiP, I would've assumed you had suffered some head trauma.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah no kidding. Furia continuing their ascent right along with vitality. Nrg to me looks like they can also become pretty dangerous, but they are just missing something. And what's going on with astralis?

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
No one watching ESL? the Nrg vs Astralis upset setting up the Liquid vs Astralis quarter final tomorrow.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
This Astralis v Liquid series was great
my goodness it was. liquid can look hopeless at times, but i dont think liquid will have too much trouble vs mouse. nrg have already bested g2 in this tournament and i think they have a real chance at doing it again, but g2 been looking mighty nasty their past 2 matches. could we see an all NA finals? crazy.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
my goodness it was. liquid can look hopeless at times, but i dont think liquid will have too much trouble vs mouse. nrg have already bested g2 in this tournament and i think they have a real chance at doing it again, but g2 been looking mighty nasty their past 2 matches. could we see an all NA finals? crazy.
I was hoping to see a G2 - Liquid Finals, and seems like we might get that. Probably gonna miss it tho, since I'm not waking up early to watch it.

Uriah

Oct 25, 2017
I played Danger Zone for the first time and I really enjoyed it. It's more fun with a partner as you can re-spawn, but I really enjoy how short the matches are compared to other Battle Royal modes.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
What a great final. I mean, it didn't look close score-wise, but Vitality is really good, and ZywOo might be the best player in the world; he is so fun to watch. And seeing the elevation of Liquid is just so wonderful. Astralis was so absolutely dominant for so long and it took them nearly 10 times as long to win the grand slam; that's crazy. Hopefully Liquid can keep this going for a while to come.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
OK, so I played my first ever online match of CSGO yesterday (10v10 casual) and it was hilarious constantly hearing my teammates complain about how the other team was cheating and using hacks. We ended up going down 4-1 before going to 7-4 and ended up winning 8-6. We were the terrorists. It was pretty fun but I wasn't so good, my K:D was 5:11.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So they added MM ranks for DZ.

DZ_skill_groups.jpg

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
lmao I got Lab Rat 1. I guess that's what happens when you play solo.

The solos and duos in the same lobbies isn't good design. I'm assuming they do it because not enough people play DZ, so it's the only way to get quick matches. Sure, there is an auto-fill if you chose, but I'd rather be alone than with a random that's just going to take all the loot. The respawn mechanic is stupid too. You kill one guy and the other just has to run away and hide. So now they have infinite respawns.

DZ isn't a bad mode, it has a few good ideas. I like the perks at the beginning, however, the boots just seem to outshine everything else. Why pick anything else other than the boots?

I don't plan on touching the mode anymore, unless they make a solo or I have a buddy on.

Last edited:

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
just wanted to play a match of dust 2 solo queue in europe and waiting time is 48 minutes. what the hell?

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Some big changes to Vertigo. Like a lot of the stuff they did, but I still think the A bomb needs to be reworked.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Woweee my skills have degraded so much. Played for a few months like 3 years ago and got to DMG and eventually fell off the game.
Decided to play last night (having no rank anymore) and I won a ranked match while getting carried pretty hard and ended up in SEM, played a few more and dropped to SE.

My aim is off, Train is weird now, I get bopped in milliseconds if I peek.
I have some re-adjusting to do. The skill level in the lower ranks seems much greater than it was before.

Back then I didn't REALLY understand the economy, any map callouts not on Dust2, or any smoke/flash/nade strats (and I still don't), amongst other things.
Feeling really out of my depth, but I'm a competitive player by nature so I'm determined to work on these issues.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Woweee my skills have degraded so much. Played for a few months like 3 years ago and got to DMG and eventually fell off the game.
Decided to play last night (having no rank anymore) and I won a ranked match while getting carried pretty hard and ended up in SEM, played a few more and dropped to SE.

My aim is off, Train is weird now, I get bopped in milliseconds if I peek.
I have some re-adjusting to do. The skill level in the lower ranks seems much greater than it was before.

Back then I didn't REALLY understand the economy, any map callouts not on Dust2, or any smoke/flash/nade strats (and I still don't), amongst other things.
Feeling really out of my depth, but I'm a competitive player by nature so I'm determined to work on these issues.
People definitely improved in those years. Easiest thing to do is focussing on one map of course to just train ur aim and nade usage. Better be good on one map than trash on all of them. :d

Watching some pro games also works well. The first event is the major starting at august 23rd, which will be fun.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Even tho it's been a long time since I played competitively, a couple of things I do to make sure I don't lose all my aim:

1) never use anything over 800dpi, even at work. This ensures I don't get used to aiming with the wrist instead of the arm.

2) Try to get at least a couple of deathmatch sessions a month. I made CS one of my podcast games, this helped a lot.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
People definitely improved in those years. Easiest thing to do is focussing on one map of course to just train ur aim and nade usage. Better be good on one map than trash on all of them. :d

Watching some pro games also works well. The first event is the major starting at august 23rd, which will be fun.

Yea you're not wrong. I feel pretty good on Dust2 and Inferno, so I'll just focus on those two until I feel I have some mastery there. Train is a total train wreck (hehhhehhe).
I watched G2 vs Team Liquid map 1 last night(one of the recent ESL matches I think?). I've been out of the scene for a while so lots of catching up to do.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017

Finally got a good play again. 1 V 5 AWP Ace Clutch without armor. :D Bought and AWP and dropped it for a teammate to see what he could do during an eco. Ended up just killing them myself. :^)

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
put some money on NRG winning that game, that was a nice profit

but yeah, thread been dead since the Astralis dominance ended

OP
OP
Overdoziz

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
This thread has never been particularly active.
A bit more so when we had a group of ~10 people regularly playing I guess

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017
I still play the game, just not with anyone from here

and I think the interest in the major from casuals is mostly gone now that drops aren't a thing anymore.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
TL down to the 1-2 pool losing to avangar this morning. So they want to take the long and hard way to the final I guess...or just bomb out early