• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I don't understand. Why were they on the same side of the bracket? They need to figure out the seeding so this doesn't happen again.

They were already seeded 1 and 2, but Astralis went 3-1 and Liquid 3-2. If both teams had held their seeding and gone 3-0, then they would meet in the final. Or even 3-1, but Liquid sucked this Major. They lost BO1s against both NRG and Avangar. They deserved to get dunked on by Astralis. Completely outclassed.

People who complain about the rules are way off. It's already easy for the top teams. Valve shouldn't make it even easier for them. Both Ence and Vitality had an easy road to the semifinal and final and they both fucked up. It would be laughable to change the rules to help them even further.

The other top teams just need to git gud against the lower seeded teams.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Weren't they supposed to show the new Cache at this Major?
What's it replacing? I'd assume they don't want to ditch Vertigo since it just got redone, and Mirage, Dust2 and Inferno are just too popular, which leaves Overpass, Train and Nuke. Nuke just got redone last year and you no longer have one team that never loses on it, so I figure it stays. Train has been a pretty consistent veto for a lot of top teams recently, and I'd much rather watch matches on Overpass than Train. So hopefully it's Train that gets the axe.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
What's it replacing? I'd assume they don't want to ditch Vertigo since it just got redone, and Mirage, Dust2 and Inferno are just too popular, which leaves Overpass, Train and Nuke. Nuke just got redone last year and you no longer have one team that never loses on it, so I figure it stays. Train has been a pretty consistent veto for a lot of top teams recently, and I'd much rather watch matches on Overpass than Train. So hopefully it's Train that gets the axe.
There is no map 'too popular' when they moved a map like Dust2 out of the map pool once. I would guess Mirage will be out.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
TL gotta make it past ast first. after that thrashing on vertigo at the major, TL still dont have an answer to astralis' CT side. and ast is playing it the same as they did in the major with that aggression on A ramp. what a performance from astralis on vertigo though, absolute domination on their CT side. and whats with TL's dust 2 pick? 2-0 astralis and TL going back to their 2nd place ways. EG seems to have astralis' number though...in the group stage. they need to find a way to show up in the play offs.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
that first half of dust 2 was great.

edit: yeah this 2nd half is great too!

Last edited:

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the changes to Cache, need to play it for myself but looks like the right way to revamp a map, small changes that end up altering how the map and bombs are played.

Also, hoping Astralis can take this to game 5

Klebby

Oct 25, 2017
It's quite different. Mid will be much more interesting with support nades from B + that window changes timings and allows for even more support nades.

Very cool and good changes, just cements Cache further as the GOAT.

yeah, i was just going by those pre-game before and after pics. It looks a whole lot better than the shitty d2 remake after seeing it in action. still not a massive fan of how mid is designed, but maybe it ends up playing better now.

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
new knife is always welcome, but that one looks awful imo.

Still excited for the 20 years of counter strike case tho

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
happy 20th cs, now here's the old stock knife that was free in the game you remember it from and it's yours for the low low price of at least 155 usd

1IDZ9ul.png

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think im done with this game. Being matched in 20+ competitive matches with the thickest fuck idiots who are seemingly more interested in getting deagle kills rather than actually playing the game, combined with these new dumbass cartoony wank character models, oh and the usual non-stop racism and "hurp durp" comms. Yeah im done.

Unless they release a competitive casual mode.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even get people that use their mics. I think I miss the toxicity and racism, at least it's not a ghost town

Clydefrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii
Only way to make things right: re-add the ability to talk to the other team in voice chat during half-time / end of the game. Man, that was some FUN 15-20 second banter.